• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riding in electric wheelchair without transferring at WDW

Thank you all for your comments! This is such a huge help. We have just confirmed our hotel reservation and I'm really excited to get on planning!

Follow the link in my signature or look near the top of this thread for the disABILITIES FAQs thread.

Posts 18 -21 have access information and do indicate which have wheelchair accessible ride cars.
Post 34 on page 2 of that thread has information about where the accessible seating for shows is located.
If a show has Fastpass, guests using Fastpass will enter before guests with mobility devices who are using the Standby line. The front row or other choice spots may already be taken by the time Standby guests are allowed in.

Is there any information about what spots would be best for dining with a chair? I know I tried to pay attention on my last trip, but given crowds and upstairs seating areas, is there is a list or something of best wheelchair spots?

For quick service in the Magic Kingdom, I like Columbia House. Although its has seating on two levels, on the first floor it has a roped off area reserved for handicapped seating where the tables are spaced farther apart to accommodate a wheelchair. There is also an accessible outlet on one of the walls if you have the charger and want to feed the battery a little. Usually there is a cast member who will open the rope for you but I was told that if no cast member is there, to go ahead open it and go in and then close it once I was in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter