• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

Coronado has posted updated services for the day. The pepper market is open with a limited menu as well as selling grab and go meals for $6. Panchitos is open. There are children's activities in the convention center and a buffet there as well for $12 (7-9 breakfast, 11-1 lunch). The lost city pool will be open from 9-12, and the arcade is set on free play.

I have no clue what is happening at SSR. We are in the last building at Congress Park so it's too far of a trek to go check out the hospitality house. (I have some mobility challenges. )

Hello from the yacht club.
One question, when does the panicking, long lines, and bad sandwiches start? I was told there would be bad sandwiches.

Everything calm so far. Went to the marketplace for our usual breakfast. Only thing different was a golden retriever.

This is a very helpful and reassuring thread, hearing how great Disney is taking care of guests during this hurricane. I'll be at WDW in 5 weeks, hoping for good weather, but who knows! I'm also trying to decide when to go to WDW early next fall, before my AP expires.

My parents live in SW Florida. They evacuated north out of state and are safe, but I am keeping a constant eye on the local and national news, concerned about their house, their neighbors, and people in Florida in general. I caution everyone to prepare for worsening conditions in Lake Buena Vista. Even though the hurricane will weaken by the time it reaches Central Florida, and it's further west of Orlando, the outer bands are starting to reach the area as the hurricane moves north. The worst will likely be overnight tonight, with sustained winds forecasted to be 60-65 mph (wind gusts will be even higher). This morning when the outer bands reached Miami, the 60-mph winds were strong enough to nearly knock reporters off their feet. Trees and street signs were down. So just please be diligent, and stay safe. All the best to everyone.

I really hope WDW opens as soon as possible for everyone there to enjoy your vacations, but I will be highly surprised if the parks open tomorrow. Here's hoping the winds won't be that strong, with no damage to the parks and resorts.

ETA: I love that pets are allowed to stay in the resorts during this emergency. That must be calming for both pets and their owners to be together.

Update from All Star Sports. Last night at dinner they had pepperoni and cheese pizzas for something like $15, a pasta meal with chicken, broccoli and a breadstick ( or sub meatballs) for $12 and some kind of bagged sandwich meal. This morning for breakfast they had grab and go stiff, the bagged sandwich meals and a breakfast platter (a Mickey waffle, eggs, potato, sausage and bacon for $12). They had plenty of stock of everything and it was busy in the food court, but not crazy. We saw Pluto, Goofy and Chip and Dale at breakfast. A CM told me they will be open at least until noon.

When we were on our way back to the room, they are putting away the chairs and tables around the pool with lifeguards in uniform standing at their normal posts around the pool. It seemed weird, but I guess it was maybe in case a CM moving the pool furniture fell in?

Just visited Everything Pop. Rain is present, steady, but not hard. No wind to speak of. It's busy but not crazy - three food stations are serving Bounty Platter ($10) and the fourth still has bagged lunch. Grab and go still available and well stocked.

Arcade is complimentary; saw Sofia & Jake meeting in the lobby on my way in but only Jake on the way out. The CM at Everything Pop said that at present, they are planning to be open until 3 with lunch beginning at 11:30.

In other news, my magicband has stopped working as a room key (though charging went through just fine) so I'll be heading back down to the desk momentarily. (My travel companions' work, but technically our rooms were both extended under theirs, so that may be why.)

Landscape of Flavors at AoA open 7:30am until 3pm today. My two friends here with me went and got breakfast at about 9am, said it was not crazy crowded, and there were still bagged lunches and they were doing limited breakfast menu, which was the same at all stations. I was just lazy and opted to eat some of our stock in the room.

Does anybody know if there's another channel besides 31 showing the Disney movies? Somebody mentioned Frozen earlier, but that must be on another channel I don't know about.

I must say though this was a fast pass to an apparent E-Ticket ride I could have happily missed out on my guaranteed ride time....oh well #thanksmothernature

One question, when does the panicking, long lines, and bad sandwiches start? I was told there would be bad sandwiches.

You guys kill me!

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter." Walt Disney

Watching the news from here in CT....the coverage in the news is outstanding and YOU guys that are at Disney World and reporting and contributing to this thread are even more amazing. Great to read stories and the way that Disney handles these types of situations.

I-4 is a ghost town....watching this stream all morning....

http://i4ultimate.com/construction-info/live-cameras/

Be safe everyone and I'll keep reading your posts!

At bwv Disney has been nothing but great. Great prices for buffets today lunch and dinner 15 dollars and breakfast 12 dollars. Adult prices kids are cheaper.
Yesterday was a very lite park day for Disney but they kept everything running at full strength. Space mountain they had both tracks running. Soarin looked like they had all three running. Everything was running that was suppose to run. Disney could of said it's a low day we are not going to open this and that but no Everything was running.

Once again disney has been great as expected

At the Pop now, met Woody, and the green army man in the lobby, free arcade right now.
They want to either give back 2 single day tickets for the 2 days we miss or the cost of the 2 days on the package cost which is only like $10 or $20 a ticket. And you can not add anything to the ticket, it's just a complementary ticket...

Last edited:
Stuck at the Contemporary but our original plans were to visit family in Tampa so we're grateful to be safe here.

I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts so maybe this is repeat info, but here goes-

Chef Mickey's is open but no characters will be there today.

The complimentary movies are according to a preselected schedule, they're not on demand. Today is Frozen at 9am, followed by Hercules, Meet the Robinsons, Beauty & the Beast 2017, The Lion King, A Goofy Movie, and Toy Story. They also have entertainment for the kids but it seems like most of it will be aimed at older kids (I'm here with my 3 y/o and 1 y/o) i.e. Name that tune, Trivia, "Notable Quotable" etc.

I keep hearing that people were getting 40% off their rooms since they're stuck here- we did NOT get that offer at all. The best they would do was 15% off (I booked our room with the enchanted offer at 30% off so we're actually paying MORE to stay here due to the hurricane) and then they said Monday night they don't consider us displaced so they only gave us 10% off. The earliest flight we could get was Wednesday (we were originally flying out of Tampa on Tues but I already switched our flights to Orlando and the earliest they had was Wed.) I am definitely going to ask again at the front desk about the 40% off I keep hearing about.

We received 50% off our room rate at the Polynesian during Harvey. We were due to fly home to Houston 8/30, but the airports didn't reopen until Saturday 9/2, and southwest couldn't get us on a flight until 9/3. The Poly gave us half off 8/30-9/2.

So keep asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter