***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

We have seen most pet owners, but not all, be respectful of others.
Please remember some children (even adults) are afraid of animals. Thank you to those that are being considerate of others.
I seriously should not have read this thread. We were due at the Poly on Friday (leaving next Saturday) and I cancelled everything Friday morning. I'm so upset I could cry.

My friend just went and got us a pizza at Landscape of Flavors, said there's hardly anybody there, and kitchen is fully restocked. Still serving limited menu. Also said he saw the big board games like connect four and music playing in lobby for entertainment.

Ummm, no!
They don't have enough time to get off the bus and meet you at the check in desk!!!!

On another note - what's up with this movie schedule?! Not a complaint, just commentary. We were hoping to see Moana, Inside Out, Big Hero 6, BATB 2017... things along that line.

They also seem to be on a loop (same movies last night.) I definitely appreciate the gesture - it's just the selection that seems a bit peculiar!

Agree...we were happy to hear free movies. I can't imagine paying for this line up.would love Inside Out, Tangled, lol even Frozen.......

That's why they sell those no-barking collars - they work great. Dogs that bark because they are alone in a strange setting are not to be trusted around other dogs and people, in a strange setting, wouldn't you think?
Well that's a hell of a way to tell the internet you know nothing about dogs :-)

Separation or separating anxiety in dogs does not imply any other problems other than an issue being away from it's people, it is quite common that these dogs are totally loving with both other people and dogs.

Just like dogs that don't like other dogs can totally love other people and dogs who hate strangers can love other dogs.

We are at BCV and for the most part everyone has been great and things are definitely smooth. However, we are traveling with our special needs grandson and haven't felt that "magic" others are feeling with the activities. For example, we took him downstairs to play and there were 3 cast members in the room and only 2 other kids. Our guy went to play hungry hippos with the 1 cm and another child, while the other cm was playing jenga with another child. As soon as the other child stopped playing hungry hippo, the cm left to sit in a chair. Ok, no big deal. I'll play with my guy. Then the 2 cm's begin playing jenga together with the other 2 kids until those kids leave. So far, no big deal. However, those 2 kids leave with their dad and this is what happens - 1 leaves the room, 1 remains in his chair, and the other goes off in a corner on her phone. I found this pretty rude so we ended up taking him to the main lobby. Is it really so difficult to treat a special needs child the same as other children? Sure he's different in some neurological ways, but he's still a kid who loves the attention of a Disney cm, especially playing games.

Anyway, not going to let it define the trip. The rest of the trip and this hurricane experience has been positive. Just need to work on that special needs training, Disney. I plan to write a letter and offer some suggestions.

I'm in the same boat but keep reminding myself that I made the best decision I could at the time with the information that I had. I also keep reminding myself that the worst part of the storm is yet to hit Orlando. I have an 8yo DD and when I was packing ear plugs and speakers so that she couldn't hear the storm I asked myself if it was worth it? I did what was best for us and realize that each person is doing the exact same thing.

I'm glad Disney is taking such amazing care of it's guests and am so happy for those who are there and having fun during this unique time. Praying all stay safe!
Same here we would have arrived yesterday. I waited till Friday to postpone but finally gave in when i saw the reports of gas stations running out. I didnt want to run out of gas trying to get there. Losing Sunday and Monday would have made it hard to get all our plans in with just Tues Wed and Thurs left to go to the parks (assuming everything opens back up Tuesday).
Those that are there stay safe and enjoy the light crowds the rest of the week!

On another note - what's up with this movie schedule?! Not a complaint, just commentary. We were hoping to see Moana, Inside Out, Big Hero 6, BATB 2017... things along that line.

Instead it's been:

*Tron:Legacy
*Beauty and the Beast (1992)
*Muppet Treaure Island
*Brave
And now...
*The Santa Clause.

Um, what?

They also seem to be on a loop (same movies last night.) I definitely appreciate the gesture - it's just the selection that seems a bit peculiar!

Wow, that is an...interesting...choice of movies!

I'm at All-Star Music. The hotel is starting to get smacked with wind and rain now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter