***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE -- Back in the room now. Ate as much food from the food court until we were so full. Looked in the gift shop AGAIN and played all the free arcade games and resolved myself to the fact that my son is better than me at the basketball game no matter how many times we played (but I was better at Centipede) :rolleyes1

Rain is really coming down now. Seems calm and then you get a big gust of wind which really blows the leaves on the trees

The resort channel is now reporting that beginning at 10pm until the curfew is lifted, please remain in your room. Resort and in-room dining is not available. During this time, there will be no housekeeping service. And in BOLD ... We also encourage guests to stock up on food and bottled beverages before returning to their rooms.

Stay safe everyone ... and dry!

We've come back to our room at the Poly now after having the buffet dinner at 'Ohana. The wind and rain is picking up and they were closing the restaurant. The food wasn't bad, some familiar 'Ohana dinner items like pot stickers, wings, and noodles, a salad area, carving station, and a few desserts. We ate plenty and our server brought a box and encouraged us to fill it up! The service was amazing again. These CMs have to be exhausted, we have seen the same folks since 8 am, but they are still being friendly and helpful. I'm very impressed thus far and now we will hunker down in the room for the night. Hope things go well for everyone overnight.

We popped down to Classic Hall just before Everything Pop closed - were there maybe 15 minutes (mug fill and microwave use) and found a tree across our path upon return. It was one of those bamboo things that's right by bell services - so not terribly stable - but still. We're in for the night now, but the door is making some odd noises as the wind whips around the seal... it's going to be an interesting night.

I'm watching channel 9, news 6 for all my updates. They've had excellent coverage.

We ate at Boma and the food was excellent and a great price. There was a dance party with Rafiki and face painting etc. We received our flashlight and other provisions earlier. There are lots of pets here and I think it's wonderful, I just hope the clean up job is thorough for those with allergies.

And off topic, but re the VIP cleaning. WDW got all our vacation dollars when our son was little. That was in the days when there were not any battery operated nebulizers. They would do the special cleaning, and the changing of the AC filter made such a difference. first Aid would store the nebulizer. If he got so much as a trace of anything with milk, whey, sodium caseinate, egg, nut...he would go into anaphylaxsis and have to have an immediate epi-pen. Disney food was safe long before any other place got better about food allergies.

When he turned 17 he was a teenage jerk. The asthma was marginally better. Amd so he started smoking! I told my DH we had gone from "OMG he's going to die to OMG, we have to do it for him." Thankfully he's 30. And those Disney rimes made up for a lot of health trauma growing up.

We're at the Boardwalk, it's getting very windy here now with lots of rain. There has been all sorts of entertainment on here today, with different characters and the arcade games all free. There is either buffet meals or box meals, we're in a one bedroom so well stocked with food & water. Just hoping it passes quickly without too much damage.

Is there any word about the parks actually opening tomorrow?
I'm not there, but from what I'm seeing on threads, news, etc, I don't think they'll open tomorrow. If they do, probably one park on a limited basis. I'm hopeful for all there that I'm wrong! But I wouldn't count on it.

I've been in the room almost all day, trying to fight off a cold so I didn't want to get any wetter than needed. I've sold two resorts (ASMo and ASMu) out of the cold/flu medicine, so apologies to anyone else who needed it! But people are still walking by the room yelling loudly to each other and leaning over railings. I'm on the third floor, when I had to go out earlier I wanted to stay as far from them as possible. Judging by the sound of it the rain has gone at least somewhat horizontal. And WFTV is now reporting it will be coming a lot closer to Orlando than originally expected.

I'm in the room alone, so I've already packed up everything I don't currently need and put it in the sink area. Planning to stay up until the worst of it is done, but if it comes down to it I have a pillow and spare blankets in the bathroom. Thankfully I'm short so sleeping in the tub wouldn't be too uncomfortable, lol!

Here's hoping everyone gets through it safe and sane!

oh boo im at the poly and one of the cm told me this morning ohana closed at 3. oh well. its pretty crazy outside now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter