***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

we are scheduled to fly out of Memphis on the 18th, we believe that wdw will be up and running but are now afraid of hurricane jose' because from seeing the tracks for Irma I no longer trust the noaa or anyone else at predicting where a hurricane will go.

Anyone know if Jiko is open for dinner? I would love to get out for a signature dinner this evening...been cooped up with a grumpy toddler all day. He's napping now, hopefully he'll be rejuvenated.

o3cln3x.jpg

B1uXVA7.jpg

pDE5NPm.jpg

b1Wgnfn.jpg

LOL Those are some of the best character pics I have ever seen! I would love to play Guitar Hero with Donald or air hockey with Mickey. That should be a new character experience.

can I ask you a question? my flight is scheduled for Wednesday from boston called jet blue yesterday and today and they said the flight is still on (crossing fingers) my flight is at 11am and I know a few people who are supposed to fly out the same day at 8am and their flights have gotten cancelled yesterday, jet blue told me if its not cancelled by now then theres a good chance it wont be, still wont be happy til im sitting in the plane with my wife and 2 kids, but just curious why they would only cancel certain flights and no others? maybe you would know?
plus im glad everyone is safe there!!
it could be that they have no way to get the plane there for an 8am flight if it is somewhere else.

Anyone know if Jiko is open for dinner? I would love to get out for a signature dinner this evening...been cooped up with a grumpy toddler all day. He's napping now, hopefully he'll be rejuvenated.

Please do not trust this info too much since I'm not on property at the moment. From what I've read, in the previous days, Jiko was closed, and its seating was being used for Boma. Not sure when Jiko will reopen!

Please let everyone know if you have more info!
Stay safe and have some well deserved rest after all you had to endure!

we are scheduled to fly out of Memphis on the 18th, we believe that wdw will be up and running but are now afraid of hurricane jose' because from seeing the tracks for Irma I no longer trust the noaa or anyone else at predicting where a hurricane will go.
Cause the darn things won't go and enter flight plans with NOAA ;)
I know it's frustrating. We are dealing with it here ourselves, will we or won't we have damaging winds tonight?
They still don't know
But as much science as we have today, we are still talking about a force of nature and there is nothing at all that can predict where they are going and what they are doing, until they do it. They can give best guesses but that's all they are, ever.

R
Right!? We are at AoA, so there are no nice dinners in our future for tonight. But I am so ready to get out of this resort. My toddler is driving us nuts being cooped up here!

I'm just waiting to find out about the musical act at Epcot for F&W for tomorrow, my gut is saying she won't be playing but I'm still holding out hope she'll still play

We are flying in on the 17th too! May need to tweak our flights though, depending on what Jose does. Sounds like New England stands a decent chance of getting something......
Flying from Manchester NH on the 21st and getting a little worried about that!

Why do you think flights will be running fully on Thurs? We are scheduled to land on Thurs (originally today) and my nerves are shot with all of the waiting and stress :/ So I'm looking for any reassurance:)
We are suppose to arrive on Thursday originally suppose to arrive last Friday and then rescheduled for Tuesday and then that flight was canceled so rescheduled for Thursday , hoping a flight opens up for Wednesday ?? Does anyone have any news from MCO or Southwest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter