Riding Rides w/o magic bands

Saad

Mouseketeer
We purchased our tix and have them on our app. We don’t have magic bands. Do we need to revert to the bar code every time we scan to enter a ride? Is there a way to get a paper ticket or add the ticket to our Apple Watch?

As far as I know there isn't a way to put them on your apple watch at Disneyland. They give you a paper ticket at the gate on your first day, but I just use my phone to scan into rides.

On our visit last summer we did use magic bands and they were super convenient.

As far as I know there isn't a way to put them on your apple watch at Disneyland. They give you a paper ticket at the gate on your first day, but I just use my phone to scan into rides.

On our visit last summer we did use magic bands and they were super convenient.

I am not sure they are giving paper tickets anymore. It may be only if you ask. The phone always works though. A good tip is to take a screenshot of the barcode and keep it in photos or even set as your lock screen, so it can be easily accessed without having to launch the app and all that.

I am not sure they are giving paper tickets anymore. It may be only if you ask. The phone always works though. A good tip is to take a screenshot of the barcode and keep it in photos or even set as your lock screen, so it can be easily accessed without having to launch the app and all that.
Good to know! We got paper tickets in July, but maybe they've phased them out since then. I always liked to keep them as souvenirs :)

Good to know! We got paper tickets in July, but maybe they've phased them out since then. I always liked to keep them as souvenirs :)

It may be upon request only. I know some have said they were told that they don't have them. It was not offered when I went earilier this month, but I had a Magic Band on too, so....

We got paper tickets in August both as a souvenir and because I didn't want to have to depend on my phone for various reasons. They pushed back pretty hard and had to get a manager's approval but we got them. We did it the day before our first park day at guest relations.

As far as the apple watch goes, you should be able to screenshot the ticket qr code on your phone and get it on your watch. Then set it as the watch face and scan that. The issue could be that I don't know if all rides have a scanner that would work for a watch. I feel like they were slots that you would stick your phone or ticket into to scan.

I know this works for the photopass qr code (thanks to one of the photopass photographers for that tip), but they can easily scan your watch.

As far as the apple watch goes, you should be able to screenshot the ticket qr code on your phone and get it on your watch. Then set it as the watch face and scan that. The issue could be that I don't know if all rides have a scanner that would work for a watch. I feel like they were slots that you would stick your phone or ticket into to scan.
Interesting idea but I don’t think this will work for tickets like it does for PhotoPass. All the LL scanners are slots that you stick your phone in to scan that you can’t stick your wrist in. Additionally, the ticket barcode is a longer linear band, not a square QR style one, and I’m not sure how well it would work on the watch screen.

We purchased our tix and have them on our app. We don’t have magic bands. Do we need to revert to the bar code every time we scan to enter a ride? Is there a way to get a paper ticket or add the ticket to our Apple Watch?

In case you are not aware you do not need to scan to enter every ride. You only need it for rides you have a lightening lane for.

Way back in January, I asked about paper tickets when entering Disneyland the first day and was told Disneyland had gone "all-digital." I was entering the park with a printout of my e-ticket at the time. I used my phone for all Genie+ lightning lanes. I think they've been very inconsistent about who does and doesn't get a paper ticket on request.

Does Disneyland take magic bands? Or only magic band plus? We hVe regular magic bands from WDW and are wondering if we should bring them?

We used a printout of our tickets to enter when we went in September and I asked about a real ticket . They said they didn't do them anymore. Not an issue as DH has a smartass phone so our tickets were also on there and he just scanned us both in. All went well until the day the wifi went down at Rise and everyone was stood around panicking cos they couldn't access their tickets-I however still had our printed copies and sailed through the entrance smiling smugly that "Yes, modern technology is great but there's no substitute for a physical item! 🤣 I will be dragged kicking and screaming into this century in around 20 years time!

We used a printout of our tickets to enter when we went in September and I asked about a real ticket . They said they didn't do them anymore. Not an issue as DH has a smartass phone so our tickets were also on there and he just scanned us both in. All went well until the day the wifi went down at Rise and everyone was stood around panicking cos they couldn't access their tickets-I however still had our printed copies and sailed through the entrance smiling smugly that "Yes, modern technology is great but there's no substitute for a physical item! 🤣 I will be dragged kicking and screaming into this century in around 20 years time!

This is why it's a good idea to save your ticket barcodes as something that you can access offline. I hate using the phones too and would definitely have a paper ticket - but I had a MagicBand+ and that worked well in almost all cases, except for the person working the gate on our first entry who was having trouble with it.

My group won't be using magic bands, I don't necessarily want everyone signed into my account, and they don't necessarily want to get the app. I don't want to be the group that is crowded around the scanner blocking everyone else from scanning, while I scan every ticket from my phone.

1-Can everyone scan in with a screenshot of their own ticket?
2- If so, can I take those screenshots before the first entry to the park? (I know back in the olden days, the barcode on the ticket they gave you upon entry was different than the actual barcode they scanned from Etickets)

My group won't be using magic bands, I don't necessarily want everyone signed into my account, and they don't necessarily want to get the app. I don't want to be the group that is crowded around the scanner blocking everyone else from scanning, while I scan every ticket from my phone.

1-Can everyone scan in with a screenshot of their own ticket?
2- If so, can I take those screenshots before the first entry to the park? (I know back in the olden days, the barcode on the ticket they gave you upon entry was different than the actual barcode they scanned from Etickets)
I would like to know this also. First time back after many years and I just realized about the magic bands plus which I won’t be able to get until we arrive. I saw the video but wanted to ask if you thought setting them up was easy? Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter