Riding the monorail from EPCOT "for fun" :)

We are going in May with our adult children and just talked about this at Easter. Have to find a time to ride the monorail as we really don't have any dining or park transfers that "require" a monorail ride.

One of my fav memories of my DS is our first trip to WDW he was 3. We stayed at Poly. DH and DD went into MK after dinner one night while I put DS in his jammies and we rode all the monorail loops several times. He was in heaven. His fav things on that trip were anything transportation and the pool ::yes::

Another fav was one trip when our kids did that pirate boat ride thing at GF then we got on the monorail to ride to over to Epcot. They let our kids (in pirate gear) ride up front with the driver over to the TTC. I don't think they allow that anymore.

My son is 8 and is fascinated by the monorail and has never had the chance to ride it. We will be going to EPCOT later this month and I know the monorail goes through there. Is it possible to ride it in a complete loop "for fun?" Where does it go if you get on at EPCOT and how long would it take to ride it the full route? Thanks!

There are some articles about the monorail that will give you plenty to talk about during the trip. I cant link them here but a little googling and you should find them no problem.

one trip when our kids did that pirate boat ride thing at GF then we got on the monorail to ride to over to Epcot. They let our kids (in pirate gear) ride up front with the driver over to the TTC.

I don't think they allow that anymore.

Correct.

We want to do the same on our EP day. How many times would we have to go through security again if we did a loop to the TTC and back? Also if we add on the resort loop? We haven’t been since the security changes

My son still does. ::yes::

I second the suggestion to transfer to the resort line and do that loop if you have time. I still remember going thru the Contemporary as a kid. I thought it was very cool. And my son likes to stand on the balconies inside and watch the monorails come through (you could combine that with a meal at the QS or Chef Mickeys if you're so inclined).
One of my favorite things about our dinner at Contempo Cafe.

We always have a rental car so it'd had been a long time since we had taken the TTC-Epcot monorail ride. We had occasion to ride it last year and I had totally forgotten how cool that route is. FW looks so cool on that swing through the park.

Add me to the list of people who think the 'rail going through the CR is about the coolest thing on property. I like to ride it to the CR, and I like being in the CR watching the monorail pass through.

When my son was little, I once rode the resort loop on the monorail for an hour while my he took a nap. It was great way to take a park break!

My son is 8 and is fascinated by the monorail and has never had the chance to ride it. We will be going to EPCOT later this month and I know the monorail goes through there. Is it possible to ride it in a complete loop "for fun?"
I do this on every Disney trip! It is a tradition.

.... Because of the way the monorail station is designed (you enter inside, but exit outside the secure area), you have to go back through security coming from MK/TTC to Epcot but not the other way around (you enter and exit inside the secure area)....

So we can't get on at Epcot, and then ride it to TTC, then back to Epcot, then back to TTC (without getting off)? Would we have to get off at TTC each time? But we don't have to get off at Epcot? Or both? TIA!

I've been on the resort loop post-new security, and once you get on (post-security) you can ride the loop as long as you want (well it broke down once, so we did get off, but ykwim).

Last edited:
So we can't get on at Epcot, and then ride it to TTC, then back to Epcot, then back to TTC (without getting off)? Would we have to get off at TTC each time? But we don't have to get off at Epcot? Or both? TIA!

I've been on the resort loop post-new security, and once you get on (post-security) you can ride the loop as long as you want (well it broke down once, so we did get off, but ykwim).

No. Once you're on, you don't have to get off. You can ride as many loops of the Epcot monorail as you want.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter