• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riding the Skyline to "nowhere"?

I did this midday a few months after skyliner first opened. Round trip from Epcot to CBR. Very pleasant! There was a Joffreys at CBR station where I stopped to get the special skyliner coffee. Took under 40 minutes to complete. It was just like doing another attraction.

You might consider going to CBR. Getting back on toward Epcot and getting off at Riviera to share some gelato or something else from the shops there. Then an easy hop back on to return to Epcot. Would be fun! Riviera is pretty :)
That Skyliner is how I ended up buying at Riviera

Eh... It's been about two years, but when I last visited Epcot, we had to wait in line for more than an hour to get a Skyliner ride back to the resort after the park closed. And that was in September, 2021 when the crowds were much smaller than they are now.

We rode it after July 4 fireworks and the line went past some of the rooms at yacht/beach club and it took less than an hour. It was shockingly efficient. They announced an hour from a point and it was much less than they said.

We rode it after July 4 fireworks and the line went past some of the rooms at yacht/beach club and it took less than an hour. It was shockingly efficient. They announced an hour from a point and it was much less than they said.
It moves fast. One night I was end of line with the lighted sign and flash light standing under the slide to Beach Clubs pool. It was under an hour from that point on that night. Guest would ask, how long? Any other way? Trust me, I can’t go home till you do, you won’t spend one second longer than you have to in line. Lol. Skyliner moves more people in the shortest amount of time than any other form of transportation on property.
Sometimes I miss my days at the Skyliner, always had to be on your toes.

We never waited very long at park close at Epcot on our Dec 2021 trip for the Skyliner. The line looked pretty long but they move people thru pretty fast. All three Epcot days were the same.....not a bad wait at all. We got back to POP much quicker with the Skyliner than we ever did riding busses in previous years.

Once, we took the the skyliner from Epcot to CBR during the afternoon just to have a rest. We got a frozen drink at Joffrey’s at CBR and rode back. It was easy and relaxing, taking little time to board. Another time, we took a bus to MK, then the monorail to Epcot, skyliner to HS and then boarded a bus back to our resort (bus terminal is really close to skyliner). We also took a boat to DS from our resort that day, completing rides on every form of Disney transportation, except a Minnie Van.

We never waited very long at park close at Epcot on our Dec 2021 trip for the Skyliner. The line looked pretty long but they move people thru pretty fast. All three Epcot days were the same.....not a bad wait at all. We got back to POP much quicker with the Skyliner than we ever did riding busses in previous years.
And the constantly moving line is just so much nicer than the bus lines. The line did look ridiculous some nights (May 2021), but it moved fast.

Once, we took the the skyliner from Epcot to CBR during the afternoon just to have a rest. We got a frozen drink at Joffrey’s at CBR and rode back. It was easy and relaxing, taking little time to board. Another time, we took a bus to MK, then the monorail to Epcot, skyliner to HS and then boarded a bus back to our resort (bus terminal is really close to skyliner). We also took a boat to DS from our resort that day, completing rides on every form of Disney transportation, except a Minnie Van.

Just a quick note in case someone reading this is unaware, if you take the monorail to Epcot, the only way to get from there to the skyliner station is THROUGH the park (admission, and possibly reservation required).

Our last trip was a no parks trip but we utilized the skyliner to visit resorts and feel some of the magic. We went well after rope drops and before closing. We really enjoyed getting around the parks and resorts and all for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter