• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ridley Pearson's VMK rumor

there is a paragraph on savevmk.com now confirming this rumor and stating that they have it from good sources? Hmm..the mystery gets more interesting, lol.

What do they consider a "long time user"? Why wouldn't they just reopen it to everyone if they were going to do it at all?

The only thing that would make a grain of sense would be if Disney (due to contract disputes with Sulake) had decided to use the old VMK as a starting place for a new version that would become a pay-to-play. Using long-time players as beta testers (since these would be the most experienced pool to work from) for a new version sort of makes sense although I would think any VMK player should be able to get in on that.

Curiouser and curiouser. Also, my suspicions are at alert since he backed off from "sure thing on good authority" to "it is rumored". Sounds like wishful thinking to me or perhaps just a way to promote the new book (which apparently is going to feature D-Gamer).

No offiense to that website but they had some really bad information posted there that had to be pulled days later in the past.

There have always been so many rumors around Virtual Magic Kingdom from outside sources, people who play the game who know somebody, people who chat with hosts outside the game, and people who know individuals that work for the Walt Disney Internet Group (i.e. Remember someone captured many times that flying carpet magic would be out, which many times this never came to fruition and I don't consider a handful of single use as a release). Personally, I would love for it to open for a few more months so that I can finish my archiving work that I was initially doing with the game. Unfortunately, Unless I hear something official from the Walt Disney Internet Group I will always consider it just a rumor. The I heard this from a friend of a friend of another friend is crazy whether this indivdual has contacts from the company or not. Kind of reminds me of spaceballs when lord helmet says:

Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Lone Starr: What's that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.

The previous VMK post on Ridley Pearson's kids blog has been replaced by the following post, added today at 4:55 PM:

False VMK

I'm now told by my "insider" that indeed it may be only a rumor (about VMK). Sad, because my "source" of the rumor was another top insder. But alas, I'm afraid VMK is gone. I'm disappointed too....

Ridley

aengus said:
:rotfl: you know, I knew it was false, but that 1% of hope had me still wishing.

LOL, Yeah I completely agree with you but through the three years Virtual Magic Kingdom has been around how many rumors have been passed that where completely false or never came to fruition. I guess I just get tired of the rumor mill, sort of like my previous comments a few posts up about the movie spaceballs...

First of all, I have searched his kid blog for that story, and this seems to be made up.

VMK could not have stayed open, and this is ridiculous fan propaganda.

He took the story off his blog entirely. If you doubt it was ever there, do a google search for 'pearson vmk'; you can find lots of other sites that linked to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter