Ring Bearer and Flower Girl toddlers?

minniebride

DIS Veteran
I really want my BFF's son to be our ring bearer & my future niece to be our flower girl.

They will both be just about 2 & a half-3 years old when we get married, so likely they will need to walk down the aisle with their mommy or daddy. Will this be weird or too difficult to do?

My niece is my flower girl and she is nearly three and a half, so she can walk down the aisle.

We're also considering having my 18 month old nephew walk down the aisle, and if he does it will be with his mum (my bridesmaid) so I don't think that's wierd at all!

I'd say to do it, they would be so sweet. I will be having my cousin's daughter as our flower girl, who will be turning two days after the wedding. I thought a lot about it, but realised I was a flower girl just after I turned two years old and a few months before my third birthday, and by all accounts I did fine. Whether you let them go down the aisle by themselves, with their parents, or with someone in the bridal party it will be a really special moment for all involved.

I think that the youngest flower girls can be the cutest! The only thing is I would say have no expectations, dont even expect them to want to walk in the first place. If you think of their participation as a bonus- i think it works out for the best.

when DH and I originally got married his 2 neices were our FG's, at 2 and 4. They walked right before me, and both their parents were already at the front of the church so it was just like having them walk to them.....they both did really well, except for the fact that the 2 yr old was picking up the rose petals that the 4 yr old was dropping! :rotfl:

for our VR, my 3 yr old son is walking me down the aisle, and our 6 yr old is the FG.

We had two ring bearers ages 4 1/2 and 18 months and a flower boy who was 18 months. The 4 year old got down the aisle just fine... the other kids, not so much! They walked out, dumped the flower petals and played with them. :happytv: It was truly one of the best parts of our wedding!!! I say go for it and just realize that if they don't get down the aisle everything will be fine and they will still look adorable

My nephews will be ring bearers for my wedding. One is 3 years, the other will be 18 months. I have no real worries, wherever the older one goes, the younger one follows. Also, their mom is a bridesmaid and their dad is a groomsman, so the will really just be walking from one parent to another.

My friend's 18 month daughter old daughter was recently in her uncles wedding as a flower girl, and her dad was the best man. to convince her to walk down the isle, they told her that her dad had a jelly bean in his pocket for her, it worked!

At my FSIL's wedding she had my future niece as her flower girl, at the time she was a little over one at the time, see was starting to walk, but did not quite make it for the wedding (she was a little shaky) so her father carried her down the aisle and he sprinkled the petals, it was the cutest thing.

We are using both of my future nieces as FGs in our wedding, they will be 4 and 2 respectfully. I know they will be good. I think your little ones will be good, just have one of their parents free to take them at the end of the aisle.

My dd JUST turned 2 and she was my flower girl. She is so clingy to me and never in a million years did I think that she would walk down the aisle infront of me.
Guess what...she did, I gave her the basket of flower petals just before and told her to "tinker bell" sprinkle them for me, she was so excited she went speeding off.
Our guests spoke more about how cute she was, than anything else from the ceremony.

My Flower girls are 2.5 & 4.5 Ring Bearer just turned 4 in May

I'm repeating to myself to not have any expectations, whatever they do, it will be cute because they are kids.

I say go for it...The best wedding memories are created from the unexpected!!

I also have a very young ring bearer and flower girl. The RB will be almost 2 and the FG will be 18 months. They are both very special to my DF and I so we wanted them in our special day.

The RB mom heard that to help get the child ready to walk down the aisle, it is good to set up a row of chairs and have the child walk down the 'aisle'. I believe the RB's DNana is going to work with him after his mommy goes back to school in September (she's a teacher). We'll see if it works! :)

My Ring Bearer is 6 and my 2 flower girls are 3. The one FG was just in a wedding (she was 2 1/2 then) and made it down the aisle just fine.

I think if a parent or other adult they love/trust is near the front of the aisle (ideally with a Tinker Bell coloring book, Mickey pretzel or other "objet du desire" lol) I think they'll be fine.

Let them try on their own. If it doesn't work, you could

-have a parent take them
-have a BM walk with them

Either way, go with what you want. If you were the type to freak out about a kid being a kid, you wouldn't want the toddler in the first place, lol.

My aunt wanted me to be her flower girl when I was 1 1/2 but my mom said no, she didn't want me to "ruin" the wedding. And my aunt STILL says she wishes she had had me walk down the aisle! (She did get me a bouquet and put me in the bridal party pics anyway, so that's an idea too).

HTH!

Both my flower girl and ring bearer were 2 and they walked down the asile by themselves holding hands. It was adorable! I really wanted them to be part of the day but wasn't too concerned if they were going to walk or not. You aren't going to make them do it if they don't want to but if they do, its the cutest thing ever! I'd do it!

At my daughter's wedding they had the groom's two and a half year old nephew be the ring bearer and he did great!! He carried a ring bearer pillow that had been in their family for many weddings and so he carried it and also his favorite little teddy bear. As soon as he got down the aisle his grandparents who were in the front row had him sit with them as his parents were part of the bridal party. The formal pictures were taken before the wedding so by the time the ceremony was over they had a babysitter that was hired to take care of him for the rest of the evening at the hotel room.

My flower girl is 3 and I am a nervous wreck about her! She's my niece, and she idolizes me and does pretty much everything I tell her to do and has since she started talking, but if she gets in a mood...WATCH OUT! She came along last weekend when I went wedding gown shopping, and she kept throwing tantrums. It made me wonder what will happen if she doesn't feel like walking down the aisle? What I plan on doing is something that I find generally works on small children - bribery! :rotfl:(This also works on DF as well, I find! :lmao:) Perhaps I will have someone at the other end of the aisle give her a lollipop or a camera (she LOVES to take photos and can already work a digital camera, so I plan on buying her a flower girl camera I found on The Knot). I don't think bribery can ever go wrong! :cool1: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter