RIP aussie dollar

Usually. that's what killed us on our trip in 2008. We flew over just at the time that Lehman Brothers fell over, and them Freddie May and Billy Mac or Betty Jo or whatever those other banks were.... :rotfl:

The dollar dived 20c in a week. It was very ugly :scared:

And yes I will try to think of :cake: now. Or maybe a cake with a pony on top? ;)

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

zmain1-490x352.jpg

Thanks for your help everyone! I went through Australia Post and paid $AU500 for $US500.20. Pretty happy with that! :)

Natalie

australiankaren said:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

and for andona.....

So remind me, what is our "like" button again?? :rotfl:

Andona

So remind me, what is our "like" button again?? :rotfl:

Andona

we know you cant resist the puppie/pony combo:rotfl2:

although the dollar dipped today..what have you been doing????

australiankaren said:
we know you cant resist the puppie/pony combo:rotfl2:

although the dollar dipped today..what have you been doing????

Not a thing! I promise . I seem to have caught the bug that's been doing the rounds of the DIS, can't think of anything cause my brain is full of cotton wool. Bleh. :(

Is :cake: good for a cold?

Andona

Oh I hope the Aussie dollar holds on a few more days......tax returns should be in our account Wed and then will be changed straight over into lovely US dollars!

We lost about $50 Per $1000 when we panicked when it started to drop so to get the rest at parity or close to will be soooooooo awesome :)

I can't believe that everything is actually working out for our first overseas trip :)

DAM, I missed the $1.04. Hubby was out and couldn't do it. He knows the bank manager through our business, so its easier if he does it.

SCREAM :scared1:if it reaches that or better again.

got some of my cruise refunds & DLH refunds back today... $380 refund = $378 aud. $50.00 refund = $48.50 aud are just some of the weirdo amounts in my account...

what the hell happened to parity??

so not happy. i mean, it's only a few dollars in the greater scheme of things, but i lost money paying it from aud to usd, and then i lost again with the refund??? so not right!!!

:clown::firefight:moped::stir::furious::banana:

She's worn me down...

I just cant take the highs and lows, my poor little heart cant take it:faint:

I'm going to have a wee lie down now

I've always ordered my US dollars through a major bank, in a breakdown of denominations that I wanted, like lots of $1 bills etc.

If you go to the post office, does it have to be a big post office, can it be your local branch? And if so do they just give you $50 bills or can you specify smaller bills? And do they have the money on hand?

I'm thinking I might take Karen's advice and get my cash on Monday. I've already put a fair bit on our ANZ travel visa but I might even put a bit more on there too, then it's done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter