RIP Main Street USA Mayor Weaver

Update from today-- Looks like the Main Street team wrote "We will miss you, Mr. Mayor!" in chalk in the middle of the street to honor Mr. Weaver before the Christmas parade came through. Picture was sent to me in a group chat with no source, sorry if it's yours!

DR7U6jVUEAAwJKZ.jpg

Update from today-- Looks like the Main Street team wrote "We will miss you, Mr. Mayor!" in chalk in the middle of the street to honor Mr. Weaver before the Christmas parade came through. Picture was sent to me in a group chat with no source, sorry if it's yours!

DR7U6jVUEAAwJKZ.jpg
Awesome!

I was really hoping they would Main Street USA flag at half-staff in memory and honor of the "Mayor of Main Street USA" but maybe that wasn't possible.

OH NO - breaks my heart - I have so many photos of this guy and he truly embodied the Disney spirit.

I met him by chance in the Emporium, and after introducing himself he said I must visit him at his law firm of "Dewey and Cheatham". I asked him, "And Howe?" (the usual third partner name). "That's my secretary."

Such terribly sad news. He was a significant part of the Joy that is Main Street. Blessings of comfort to his loved ones!

On our August trip, my daughter and I were "in a hurry" and took the shortcut through the Emporium because Main Street was pretty packed. As we cruised through someone exclaimed, "I like your blouse!"... and with a quick glance we noticed that it was the Mayor, whose suit matched my daughter's shirt. :) We stopped, chatted, and took a photo... and it was just a sweet reminder to slow down, relax a little, and enjoy the little moments.

Attachments

• IMG_4213 (3).JPG
    IMG_4213 (3).JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 29
I shave my head (think Mr. Clean), and one trip a few years ago he walked up behind me and said "looks like you need a haircut; the barber shop is that way". Such a small moment turned into one of my favorite WDW memories. My wife and I still talk about that. Main Street USA will never be the same...

One of favorite restaurants is The Plaza and we always have a great conversation with Chef Ken. He told us that the Mayor would be coming in soon and my son, who was watching a lot of Sports shows at the time said, "and of course he will say, 'boo yah!'" I told him the Mayor would say nothing of the sort. Well, upon entering the establishment, Mayor Weaver made his way over to our table and exchanged pleasantries with all of us, paying special attention to my son. He told some story and, as he turned to go, he finished it with, "and to that, of course, I say, BOO YAH!" My son was AMAZED! Great memories! Thank you and rest in peace, our favorite Mayor! 1381223_10202331195427641_1872431884_n.jpg 1377411_10202331195827651_750996853_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter