Rip, Ride, Rockit!

I am here right now and they are still running it with empty cars. But they ran it all day yesterday, one after the next, looks like they are testing.

i heard it was going to open tomorrow. but with all these delays, i don't believe anything anymore!

Hopfully is opens soon, staying in HRH from the 08.08,09 for 7 nights so fingers crossed.

It is just dumping rain here today so I doubt anything will open. I took some shots of the coaster before the rain started. Here they are, sorry not so great, I'm not a photographer. You can see the cars running on the track.

232323232%7Ffp53663%3Enu%3D3266%3E%3A%3C7%3E%3A72%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A7523%3A3%3A32%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp536%3B4%3Enu%3D3266%3E%3A%3C7%3E%3A72%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A7523%3A3%3B32%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53666%3Enu%3D3266%3E%3A%3C7%3E%3A72%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A7523%3A4232%3Bnu0mrj

Does anyone know what the height requirement will be for RRR? Do you think there's any chance for it to be open by this next weekend - at least for passholder previews?

DH and I were going to venture over tonight but the rain kept us away...we had dinner at the Melting Pot instead. The longer it takes this thing to open, the more it's going to have to "wow" me to make me believe it's better than Hulk or SheiKra. Oh well, at the very least the lift hill will remind me of my misspend youth riding the old carnival Tobaggan rides.

Does anyone know what the height requirement will be for RRR? Do you think there's any chance for it to be open by this next weekend - at least for passholder previews?
I believe the height requirement is 51 inches and there has been no schedule for any previews...passholder or otherwise. :sad2:

We where over today, and when you ask anyone they just say soon.
I took some pics ,but camera is not working for some reason, will try recharging and post a couple of photos.
They are still working there, a lot of painting was being done, and there was still 2 cranes in the area, one at the back of the ride at Citywalk area. The Tv=V screens where running in the queues, and the fans in the queue area where running, if that means anything.

I may be heading out tomorrow...we will let you know if we hear anything encouraging. The fact that they are running the pre-show is definitely a good sign.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the harness is going to be like? I'm one of the "big" people out here and I didn't think I saw the Hulk style harness on it and just a lap bar. That would make me, and my stomach, happy.

This thread has become my daily morning stopping place.......followed by an afternoon and evening visit. I'll be there two weeks from tomorrow......Keeping my finger's crossed but each day that passes I feel less and less confident, but I'm trying to keep the faith.

Panthom - awesome vide. Too bad the park isn't open at night when we are there. It closes next month at 9pm.

Cool video, phamton! :thumbsup2

DD is crossing everything in the hope that she will be tall enough to ride it on our next trip (October 2010). :cutie:

i'm pooh sized and i don't expect to be able to fit. I don't trust any test seats either unless they're the actual seat. I know from past experiences that the mummy had test seats out front but they weren't the actual seats used inside and i fit outside but not inside.

i'm pooh sized and i don't expect to be able to fit. I don't trust any test seats either unless they're the actual seat. I know from past experiences that the mummy had test seats out front but they weren't the actual seats used inside and i fit outside but not inside.

They are the actual seats for the Mummy outside the ride. The problem with the Mummy test seat is that the seat restraint has to be pushed down to a certain line (an orange line if I'm remembering correctly.) If it doesn't push down that far it is a "no go." Also outside, you can stretch your legs out a little more than what would be available after you got on the actual ride so it gives you more room in the test seat.

I can see how frustrating it would be not knowing if the seat will accommodate you properly. I know often times, people ask the team member outside if they will fit. When my son worked at the mummy, he said it was almost impossible to tell by looking if someone would fit or not. Some people are heavier in the thighs than they appear while others carry the weight in the stomach or chest area. Different restraints work better for different body types. I have skinny thighs and chest but a big stomach. I always had tons of room on the Hulk but felt squashed on the mummy.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can ride it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter