RIP Rolly Crump

Crump was possibly my favorite. He had many great stories (especially the one about his Museum of the Weird concepts), and his work was so unique. It was touching him see him speak about the day Walt died too.

This news made me very sad. I hate it when we lose the people who made Disneyland and Walt Disney World the wonderful and imaginative experiences they are. RIP Mr. Crump. Your legacy in the parks is appreciated.

93 years old-what a long,amazing life!

We are losing so many direct connections to Walt!

I have always been most grateful to Rolly for his work on one of my favorite places in all of Disney World-The Land!
Good Gawd…. Do you have any good news?! 😉

May the Tower of the Four Winds spin eternal…..even though he hated it! RIP

Such a an amazing artist and man! I highly recommend reading his book "It's Kind of a Cute Story", lots of fun and interesting stories about his life and his time working at WED. I especially appreciated him calling out Tony Baxter for stealing the idea of a young intern and claiming it for himself. After reading that part, I knew he was the type of person I would like.

After riding Haunted Mansion few years ago I could really see his artistic influences on the ride, ones that I hadn't noticed until I became more familiar with his work. Such a unique and whimsical style.

Last edited:
Interesting thread. I may look into him with some of the links. (I can't be the only person here who has never heard of him.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter