RIP Thread

Loaded up and truckin
were gonna do what they say cant be done

Geez, Ike Pappas, the news reporter who broadcast Oswald's death died today too! None of us are getting out of here alive!

Sorry, as in Lee Harvey - guy who shot JFK --- Ruby --- am I ringing any bells here?

None of us are getting out of here alive!

I guess we all have to go...but their aint no rule that says we gotta go quietly:banana: :yay: :rolleyes1 :cool1: :dance3:

cut up and act like a clown while ya gotta chance to embarrass those that are forced to love you.

You know, when I was young and dumb, I made a bet with about 20 of my friends that I was gonna die before I was 40, I told them all I would pay the a grand each it I made it. Well crap, I got 12 days to kick the bucket or get out of dodge.... hmmm wonder which is cheaper?

Politics Crimes and Trials Search: All News Yahoo! News Only News Photos Video/Audio Advanced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Famed shark fisherman Frank Mundus dies, was 82 Mon Sep 15, 1:56 AM ET

HONOLULU - Frank Mundus, the legendary shark fisherman said to have inspired the Captain Quint character in the movie "Jaws," has died. He was 82.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mundus died Wednesday at The Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu after a heart attack, his wife said.

It was his second heart attack in four days. He suffered the earlier one Sept. 6 at Kona International Airport after returning from a business trip to New York.

Mundus had a history of heart disease, his wife, Jeanette Mundus, 46, said from their home in Naalehu on the southern tip of the Big Island. He suffered his first heart attack in 1998 and later had quadruple bypass surgery.

Known as the "Monster Man" for the size of the sharks he caught, the gregarious Mundus had an outsized personality nearly as big as his famed boat, the Cricket II.

He forged his reputation as a fearless fisherman in Montauk beginning in 1951, hunting down the world's biggest sharks.

"I had a lot of close calls," he once said. "Probably too many close calls."

In 1964, Mundus used a harpoon to snag a 4,500-pound great white. He later bagged a 17-foot-long, 3,427-pound great white by rod and reel in 1986. He later described the experience to Esquire magazine.

"After you get the fish, you turn around and look at the fish, and you feel sorry for the fish because he's your opponent," Mundus recalled. "I always feel good that I won, but I feel sorry for the one who lost."

On his Web site, Mundus said events from the 1964 catch influenced Peter Benchley, who wrote "Jaws." But Benchley maintained that Quint was a composite character.

The best-selling book was turned into the 1975 film, a blockbuster that left many beachgoers thinking twice about taking a dip in the ocean.

Mundus, who was born in Long Branch, N.J. in 1925, called "Jaws" the "funniest and the stupidest" movie he had ever seen and said he some things in common with Quint such as similar fishing techniques.

Jeanette Mundus said her husband actively promoted shark conservation starting in the 1960s. He pushed the use of less damaging hook varieties that allow fishermen to catch and release the fish.

"A lot of people over the years have thought of him just as a hunter of sharks," Jeanette Mundus said. "But he did try to preserve them."

Mundus retired to Hawaii in 1991 after a lifetime of fishing. He didn't regularly fish for sharks off Hawaii, his wife said.

LONDON (Sept. 15) - Richard Wright, a founding member of the rock group Pink Floyd, died Monday. He was 65.
Pink Floyd's spokesman Doug Wright, who is not related to the artist, said Wright died after a battle with cancer at his home in Britain. He says the band member's family did not want to give more details about his death.

RIP to Bear Stearns, Fannie, Freddie, Lehman, Countrywide, Merrill, AIG -- who's next? If someone had predicted this a year ago I would have called them crazy!

not all are gone, just under new ownership/control

RIP to Bear Stearns, Fannie, Freddie, Lehman, Countrywide, Merrill, AIG -- who's next? If someone had predicted this a year ago I would have called them crazy!

not all are gone, just under new ownership/control

Just how big can Bank of America get before it's considered a monopoly???

It still isn't official - still needs stockholder and regulatory approval. BOA is one of the world's top 5 banks based on market capitalization - I bet that changes as their stock depresses more. :lmao: The bank I work for is also in the top 5 but not buying junk. Depending what happens in the financial markets, BOA is not immune to failure!

It still isn't official - still needs stockholder and regulatory approval. BOA is one of the world's top 5 banks based on market capitalization - I bet that changes as their stock depresses more. :lmao: The bank I work for is also in the top 5 but not buying junk. Depending what happens in the financial markets, BOA is not immune to failure!

I know we're not officially in a depression,,,,but I'M depressed. Does that count?

Man, it sure didn't take long for all the crap to hit the fan. I wonder when countries like India are going to start sending us aid?

Man, it sure didn't take long for all the crap to hit the fan. I wonder when countries like India are going to start sending us aid?
Aint that the truth Jim!! All those others countries are like that "special" relative we all have, always seem to know when to come around for a meal, or a share of the good stuff, but when you need them, they have to mow the cat or feed the lawnmower...

I say we call in all the notes that we hold on the rest of the world, pay off the national debt, give every man woman and child a mil or so, and buy japan just for the cool electronics, then we can have a vote to see what we should do with the other half of the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter