Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last half hour 5 groups, so there is a pre-load condition. Watching to see the rate over the next hour, but if we assume 10 groups called per hour over the next 14 hours... they should get to boarding group 150 if there are no big breakdowns.

We have heard from those that got BGs. I want to hear a roll call of those that were in the park at rope drop and did NOT get a boarding group. Hopefully most got at least a backup group.

This is simply to gauge the success rate in getting a BG.

Last edited:
@dina444444

Data Points I believe - Correct if wrong:
5:45: Gates Open for scan in. FP available to get. Mobile orders available too
6:38: HUB opened
7:45: Rope Drop - Lands opened
8:00: BG opened
8:00:52 Backup BGs start at 82
8:09: Backup BGs filled ~142
9:00 First BGs called 12 (guessing 1-11 were CM/Internal/Media?)
10:00 1st hour: 15groups called
Thanks

Got in line at Midnight...
Waited in the slight rain for 3 hours...
Gates opened at 5:45am...
Held onto Main Street before hub..
Hub opened at 7am...got in line in front of Frontierland...
Lands opened at 7:45am...got a spot near HM...
At 8am started refreshing the app...got BG 63...
While waiting on Main Street/Hub, I got 2 sets of FPs...rode HM at 8:05 w FP...rode Pirates with 5 min wait...rode Space Mt with 8:30am GP...rode Star Tours with a 9am FP...currently eating at IHOP...its 10:15am with BG 12-26 boarding...we think we'll board around 1pm/2pm...currently holding a FP for BTMR....

Last edited:
Just got home. I was ome who kept refreshing at 8am and got nothing. When I exited back to the main page, still got nothing. Had to cycle the app, then got access to the boarding groups and got Backup group 110. Bummer.
Let us know if/when you get on

The park itself is not very crowded-feeling. We haven’t gone back to SWGE yet, but overall, I’d call these light crowds, and there’s still lots of FP availability.

It will be interesting to see how crowds develop over the course of the day. Normally, the Friday afternoon/evening of a holiday weekend would get busy. Will people come if they’re not going to get on ROTR? Is the perception going to be “it’s crazy, stay away” because of the pictures circulating from Main Street this morning? (plus NAMM?) Maybe people will come for Lunar at DCA?

While the crowds this morning showed high demand for ROTR, it remains to be seen how well it punches up attendance overall.

To that end, I’m guessing they’re reaaaally aiming for all the backup groups to ride today - they need that hope to keep people coming if regular groups are gone in less than a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter