Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDW stopped calling new groups two hours prior to closing. that's still 4 hours of backups so guessing 120-125 where it'll cut off.

My hope is that if they are able to get through regulars, the crew supervisors will be able shuttle some CMs in to enjoy near closing.

Has anyone who rode today at DL used DAS? Or spoken with someone who used DAS? I know that Disney has said that all riders must get a BG, then request a DAS if needed. I'm assuming that, as with MFSR in the beginning, a DAS for ROTR can only be requested from the Information Kiosk in SWGE. Please post if you have any experience! TIA!

Has anyone who rode today at DL used DAS? Or spoken with someone who used DAS? I know that Disney has said that all riders must get a BG, then request a DAS if needed. I'm assuming that, as with MFSR in the beginning, a DAS for ROTR can only be requested from the Information Kiosk in SWGE. Please post if you have any experience! TIA!
If it's like WDW you go up to the ride when your boarding group is called and they then send you down the FP line instead of into the standby queue.

Considering that the main factor is probably going to be how reliable your network connection is, I think this is a really wise strategy. I may spread my family out a bit both inside and outside the park after we get through the turnstiles on our trip in a few weeks.
That's what we are thinking, too. I'll probably send my husband and son (who is special needs) back to the room and keep two of our three phones with me.

And, grabbing their names and giving them a kudo at guest services doesn't hurt either.
And even if you don't manage to get their name, a general description, the date, time, and location can work, too. And if you don't have time to go to City Hall or Chamber of Commerce, you can use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the DLR webpage.

Anyone know what's the latest someone arrived at the park but still made it in on time inside the park to get BG?
Today would be a bad day to judge that, since so many people arrived crazy early. Now that word is out that getting there early doesn't help - if a similar number of people arrives around 7am, it could take a lot longer to get in.

That's what we are thinking, too. I'll probably send my husband and son (who is special needs) back to the room and keep two of our three phones with me.
We used DAS at WDW. Everyone needs a BG. You can combine if different BG#s. Once BG called, go to ride entrance and CM with ipad there; scan in and DAS will show up. You'll get FP line, much like SR. FP gets right up to the preshow #1 just like SR. There's some standing and waiting between, but as best as there is and the experience really keeps it moving over the 30minutes.

We actually got held up right before the actual ride for about 20minutes -- CMs kept it lively and entertaining and our boy did fine with our typical backup devices for him for such contingencies.

Edit: remember, DAS designation - Initial has to be done at City Hall/Commerce -- reup can be done at any of the Guest Service Kiosks every 90days or group members with the DAS holder. Ride CMs cannot create or change DAS--only verify.

If it's like WDW you go up to the ride when your boarding group is called and they then send you down the FP line instead of into the standby queue.
That's what I figured, but it would be nice to hear from people who actually used DAS to learn details about how it works here. For example, for MFSR, the DAS return line has some surprisingly steep ramps which can pose a problem for some guests, especially when they don't expect that. We've had friends who had difficulty managing those ramps, but knew about them from other's descriptions, so at least they were prepared.

With 3.5 hours left before Close-2Hrs I'm also still hopeful they'll call BG 110. Seems like it's stalled on 82 though..<EDIT: After two minutes they're up to 84!!>

Admittedly, we went home right after 8am, ate breakfast, slept and hung around all day, so we're all set!

With 3.5 hours left before Close-2Hrs I'm also still hopeful they'll call BG 110. Seems like it's stalled on 82 though..

Admittedly, we went home right after 8am, ate breakfast, slept and hung around all day, so we're all set!
I'm just following along at home, but mine jumped from 82 to 84. It seems to be moving, just not as quickly as this morning.

Have there been any more updates to the parking opening times tomorrow? I'm trying to decide if we should try the structure or Toy Story. Thanks!

That's what I figured, but it would be nice to hear from people who actually used DAS to learn details about how it works here. For example, for MFSR, the DAS return line has some surprisingly steep ramps which can pose a problem for some guests, especially when they don't expect that. We've had friends who had difficulty managing those ramps, but knew about them from other's descriptions, so at least they were prepared.
If it’s like DHS’s queue there is little to no elevation change in both fp and standby.

On a separate note, I just brought my hardcore Disney Fan kids with me today. Tomorrow, the whole family is coming, and we're planning on being at M&F right after 6:30am. We should be in by 8am....hopefully..

Have there been any more updates to the parking opening times tomorrow? I'm trying to decide if we should try the structure or Toy Story. Thanks!

I didn't hear/see any news about parking times for tomorrow. If your plan is to come early, I'd go with Toy Story lot. Seemed like Mickey & Friends opened on time today(~6:30) so it'll probably open the same time tomorrow.

I didn't hear/see any news about parking times for tomorrow. If your plan is to come early, I'd go with Toy Story lot. Seemed like Mickey & Friends opened on time today(~6:30) so it'll probably open the same time tomorrow.

What time does Toy Story lot usually open? I would prefer to get parked before 6:30 so we can be closer to the gates when they start letting people in. But I guess we can just get to the structure and wait in line for 6:30 opening if we have to. Thanks!

What time does Toy Story lot usually open? I would prefer to get parked before 6:30 so we can be closer to the gates when they start letting people in. But I guess we can just get to the structure and wait in line for 6:30 opening if we have to. Thanks!

All lots typically open at the same time. Last night was done out of crowd control necessity, but will not be happening going forward. There is really no reason to arrive any earlier. Some of those people who arrived at midnight last night didn't even get boarding passes this morning. Being in the park at opening time is no guarantee.

Bet that they will staff TS to be open a bit earlier. I'm sure folk will arrive earlier that 630 tomorrow and last thing Disney wants is Anaheim police getting upset with traffic backup around the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter