Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem. People generally understand that getting into the park early doesn’t matter for the boarding groups, but they worry they won’t get. Through security in time. That’s why people will continue to show up early.. for WDW and disneyland. I dunno what the answer is. When galexys edge opened do you remember how they opened ogas reservations at like 7am each day and you didn’t have to be in the park?
I don’t think this would work for ROTR. Honestly, requiring everyone to be in the park means that only people who are committed and have some skin in the game get a chance. If boarding groups are gone in under one minute just among the subset of visitors who are willing to get up early, can you imagine the mess if anyone, anywhere was allowed to try at the same time? The other thing is there was a financial penalty for not showing up to your Oga’s reservation. Unless Disney wants to start imposing ride fines, there would be no way to prevent people from taking boarding passes just because maybe they’ll make it to DL later that day.

Playing along at home, my button didn't unlock on my android phone until 8:01 and it was already in backup mode.
I was playing along at home today but unlike yesterday the join boarding group button never let me select it. Yesterday I was able to get through most of the process before it wouldn't let me because I wasn't in the park.

Yep. I’m at home so was just playing along like yesterday. Today I also got in right away but unlike yesterday I kept getting an error message that I needed to link tickets. After a few tries backup message appeared but still got error.
Same here. I couldn’t make it to the park this AM so tried at home just for fun. I could click the button right away, but got an error at the select party screen. No one on my list is at DL currently. I wonder if they’ve tweaked something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter