Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then also allow a Stand By line. Make it known that if you are in that line, there are no guarantees as to how long it may take before you get on the ride. Could be 3 hours, could be 8 hours.
Except that ... during a rather long wait, guests will require both hydrators (drinking fountains) and refreshers (restrooms/WC). Unlike FoP at DAK, neither are offered in DL's RotR queue. So, absent infrastructure for bodily functions, the park might have to develop a "bathroom pass" system and staff to administer such a system. Costs ...??

OK, so I'll just throw this one out there. I completely believe that Disney is not going to change a thing, and continue with the boarding passes. But here, for purposes of this board, is my suggestion.
The big problem with that is what we've already talked about - they're able to use the BGs to manage the maintenance and downtimes. If they know they're not going to get to the later BGs, they can send people away. (And that's especially true knowing that they're trying to close ROTR a couple of hours early for nightly maintenance.)

With the standby possibility - say they distribute 40 BGs at 8am and then the line starts. If there's a breakdown midday, it'd be possible for people to stand in a multi-hour line for the entire day with no promises of getting to ride - which isn't how Disney really does lines. People would be irate. You've basically wasted their entire day.

A lot of the idea spitballing in this thread has really been focused on this specific problem, meaning how things have gone this weekend. But, in any case, it's probably worth seeing how things go as we get into the more normal weekday schedule.

Does anyone have experience these first few days with a larger group? We are a group of 10 coming out next weekend and I think we all want to have each others' tickets linked and we all want to try at once for our group of 10, correct? I would hate us all to do it separately and some get to ride and some don't, but I don't have a sense of whether there is any downside to trying for a larger group at once?

Anxiously awaiting to see what happens the next few days when weekend/holiday crowds are gone.

Didn't get it today, either. The lines in Tomorrowlabd got mobbed by people who can run a lot faster than I can, so I tried getting better reception in Frontierland like I was advised, but I still lost cell service. Looks like I'm gonna have to wait until next year.

I also just cancelled my autopay for my ATT service. This is the last straw with them, and I'm switching to T-Mobile. Honestly, I should have switched ages ago when they said they can't get my roaming service in Europe, even for an extra fee, because I'm tired of using prepaid sims for data and not getting to text home.

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience these first few days with a larger group? We are a group of 10 coming out next weekend and I think we all want to have each others' tickets linked and we all want to try at once for our group of 10, correct? I would hate us all to do it separately and some get to ride and some don't, but I don't have a sense of whether there is any downside to trying for a larger group at once?

Anxiously awaiting to see what happens the next few days when weekend/holiday crowds are gone.
I have heard that linking tix to multiple accounts can result in all tickets getting unlinked. Others have suggested linking all the tix to ONE account, and having multiple people logged into that account. A poster a few (20ish) posts ago mentioned doing this with their son and getting BPs on the son's phone.

So an extra tip from today is to remove anyone from your party who won’t be in the park. At the last minute I had 2 people not join and those extra seconds removing them from the boarding group cost time. We still got group 58 but only because someone outside the park was helping using my account.
Verizon cell reception right inside the gate was still great today.

When multiple people are trying from one account - what message do the others get once that first person is successful? Assuming we spread out and/or have someone trying at home - will we know that someone else in our group was successful when we are unable to get one?

When multiple people are trying from one account - what message do the others get once that first person is successful? Assuming we spread out and/or have someone trying at home - will we know that someone else in our group was successful when we are unable to get one?
I believe it is something akin to "You are already in a boarding group"

The least they could have done was boost the in park wifi coverage so that there aren't low signal or dead areas anywhere in the park. They didn't even do that.

Your last point is very true. My WiFi experiences in DLR and DCA have always been abysmal. They seem to be "all in" on making mobile devices part of the in-park experience (app with wait times, maxpass, the play app, etc), so there's really no excuse for not beefing up WiFi signal and capacity in every corner of the resort.

Staying at GCH later this week. Wondering what the best plan is for days where EMH is DCA but want to try to get BG for ROTR. Should we forego DCA and go straight to DL? Also, if we go through DCA security for hotel guests and go straight to DL, will that be a problem? I read a while ago that some people got stopped at DL turnstiles because it looked fishy they tried to get in so soon after DCA. Not sure if we should chance that or not. TIA!

Playing at home you can't get an actual boarding group as you have to be tapped into the park to be eligible to ride. We are "getting in" only up to a point and then backing out. But it's helpful to learn the process and see what can go wrong. The other day while playing from home the app wasn't recognizing my loaded Aps and I was getting an error message.
If people playing at home are actually getting a boarding group number screen, wouldn’t that mean that their account is grabbing those numbers, even if they end up not completing the reservation? I wonder if playing at home is artificially making the BG seem to go faster in the first minute.

The only person grabbing boarding passes at home (@montreid) is using @Mar Mar Binks Disney account to help them grab a BG. He’s(?) not part of the party, but is helping her(?) party who are all scanned into DL. **Just clarifying this as there is no way to get a BG for parties not checked into DL.
I mean, the people people just practicing, that are not scanned into the park and are at home.

I mean, the people people just practicing, that are not scanned into the park and are at home.

I wonder if this is contributing to the app crashes? Although I’m sure it’s pretty insignificant compared to the thousands in the park actually scanned in and trying. Hoping they get those app bugs squared away if they’re going to be relying on this long term. Thankfully, we won’t be coming again until summer and I’m assuming by then it’ll be a while other scenario especially with Marvel Land open... I wonder if they’ll do this for the Spider Man ride?

I wonder if this is contributing to the app crashes? Although I’m sure it’s pretty insignificant compared to the thousands in the park actually scanned in and trying. Hoping they get those app bugs squared away if they’re going to be relying on this long term. Thankfully, we won’t be coming again until summer and I’m assuming by then it’ll be a while other scenario especially with Marvel Land open... I wonder if they’ll do this for the Spider Man ride?
Just speculating, but considering the scope of the attractions, I bet that the Spider-Man ride will see a pattern a lot more like MF:SR so BGs won’t be necessary.

Just speculating, but considering the scope of the attractions, I bet that the Spider-Man ride will see a pattern a lot more like MF:SR so BGs won’t be necessary.

Good point, if anything might help divide the crush of people between the parks this summer either way. I’m really hoping they can switch to FastPass by summer but I suppose if the demand remains wouldn’t be much different than the current system anyways?

I don’t see casual tourists doing well with the boarding group complexities because let’s face it, look at how many people visit without even knowing how to use FastPass..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter