Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you remove person from the app? i have my 3 family memebers E ticket scanned into my phone but only 2 of us will be going for a BG i dont want to waste a second having to unselect a person right at 8am. Is it possible to remove from the DL app then add back in after going for a BG?

How do you remove person from the app? i have my 3 family memebers E ticket scanned into my phone but only 2 of us will be going for a BG i dont want to waste a second having to unselect a person right at 8am. Is it possible to remove from the DL app then add back in after going for a BG?

I found out I couldn't delete passes I put myself as being the owner/ responsible for. Had wife open an account and I added the same tickets to her account and she was able to delete them right there on the Disneyland app

I found out I couldn't delete passes I put myself as being the owner/ responsible for. Had wife open an account and I added the same tickets to her account and she was able to delete them right there on the Disneyland app

Ok so she just got the app then scanned her E ticket bar code then it said it was linked to another account then just deleted the one on yours?

We had to cancel. My son is sick. Current plan is to try again next week. In the meantime, I’m going to keep “playing at home” to get familiar with the process. Today I was able to get a red button from home.
Oh, no! Hope the birthday boy feels better soon! Maybe this is a sort of blessing in disguise? You get more time to practice on the app and it allows more time for things to (hopefully!) calm down in the park.

...my BG got called at 8:05pm but I was at my Airbnb resting because I did not want to spend all day at the park just waiting for my turn...when I got the notice that it was my group's turn, I notice it said I only had 1 Hour to ride the attraction...I thought we had a 2 hour window??...did this change over the weekend?...so here I am rushing from my Airbnb back to the park to the attraction...
How far away were you when you got the notification? People have been wondering how far away they can be and still know when their BG is called.

Only thing I know is the little bit I saw in the last episode of The Imagineering Story.
We haven't even seen that yet because I don't want to see any spoilers!

I have stayed away from any videos or descriptions too. Reading ALL the tips and tricks and hoping things work out for us either Friday or Saturday this week! :)
So looking forward to reading about your experience with this! Good luck!

Close out all windows running in the background on your phone....
Silly, non-techie question: How do I know if I've done this on an iPhone? The obvious windows are easy to close, but how can I know if there is something possibly still running that I don't see?

... My mom had the SoCal resident ticket and they did NOT take her photo, but did ask for proof of residency, which slowed things down. She has bought this ticket for several years now, and never had a CM actually check at the entrance, since they verify online or at the ticket booth, but I digress. I showed it on my phone, and the CM insisted on seeing my mom's DL - so anyone using these tickets, just be prepared. They did take her photo later in the day, when we hopped over to DCA...
Very good warning for those using then SoCal Resident Promo Tickets! For those using the promo tickets, have your ID ready at the turnstiles!

Ok so she just got the app then scanned her E ticket bar code then it said it was linked to another account then just deleted the one on yours?

I'm not the person you are asking however I have a similar situation where I cannot delete the other tickets and according to the CMs I talked to it could only be done over the phone with Disneyland tech support... found this out due to an issue we were having with my family not getting photopass or discounts with their APs. However on my husband's Disneyland account he was able to delete linked tickets. That is not an option on my account.

I just got home from a quick trip to DL and thought I'd share our experience with obtaining a a Boarding Group on Saturday, January 18.

- We checked into the DL hotel at about 5:30am and was told that the system doesn't "come up" until 6am so he couldn't attach a credit card to our room. He asked if it was ok if he wrote down our credit card # on a notepad so that he could add it to our room at 6am. We said ok and received our room keys.

- No line at security

- Got to esplanade at about 6:15 and we were about 15th in line for EMH. The line for regular entry was halfway between the monorail beam and CA adventure.

- Gates opened a little before 7am. Not sure if everyone was let in or just EMH/MM people, but I *think* it was everyone. EMH/MM people were being directed towards Fantasyland where cast members checked our room key. Not sure how they handled MM guests.

- At about 7:40am we joined about 150-200 people waiting to get into SWGE at the Fantasyland gate. A cast member was posted at the gate and asking everyone if they knew about the Boarding Group procedure. Speedtests on T-Mobile were clocking in around 30-40 mbps. Verizon hotspot was clocking in at about 4-6mbps. Disney Wifi was about the same as T-Mobile. Speeds are constantly changing so this info won't be valid at any other moment in time - the point is that you should keep checking your Internet speed.

- 7:55am-ish Cast members opened the gate and everyone walked over to MFSR. We continued to run speed tests as we walked. T-mobile was clocking in anywhere from 40-100mpbs right outside the entrance to MFSR. We got into the que but stopped just before entering the building, speed test still clocking in at just under 100mbps.

7:59:50am - People are counting down in unison . . . gotta love Disney fans!

8:00am - Husband secured boarding group 51 using an iphone Xr. My iphone 7 took FOREVER to load the app. I have no idea what BG I would have gotten, but I feel like it would have been a backup group even though I did everything "right".

Misc. Notes:

- The woman next to me had a LIGHTING fast phone. I'm pretty sure I clicked on my app before she did and hers loaded in a fraction of a second. I could see her clicking through the boarding group process as I stared at the Disney blue screen of death. She got Boarding Group 10. I didn't get a chance to ask her what model phone she was using, but judging from the large size and how thin it was I'm guessing it is a new or new-ish model.

- I think the time it takes for your phone to load the app is more important than how quickly you click. To better your odds, I would suggest shutting down and restarting your phone around 7:40am. Turn off anything running in the background and try to free up your phone processor as much as possible.

- There are apps that will show you where the cell phone towers are located. If you're getting really bad reception and speeds, it may help if you maneuver to an area that's covered by a different tower. I'm not sure if that's how the whole cell phone connectivity thing works, but I don't think it could hurt either.

- Cast members scanned bar codes for EVERY single person entering the ride and being VERY strict. Two cast members looked at our boarding passes before we could enter the que and a third castmember scanned our passes once we were in line. There was a group of 8-10 people in front of me and all but one had a boarding group. They were arguing with a cast member saying the woman person had a boarding group in the morning but it somehow disappeared from her phone. We took about 5 minutes to take pics, scan our boarding passes, etc. and the group was still arguing with the cast member when we entered the building. I have no idea what the end result was.

- I overheard A LOT of cast members explaining the BG throughout the day, and not just in GE.

- Overall, I felt the crowds were very light for a Saturday. The MaxPass system went down for about 30 minutes that morning, but we were able to secure FP+ for everything we wanted, including TSMM, Guardians, Indy, Thunder Mountain, etc. At about 8:30pm there were only about 10 people total at Pacific Wharf Cafe and absolutely no lines at the other eateries. The line for blue milk and green milk seemed to be 2-5 people deep whenever we walked by. We walked up to Main Street 10 minutes before Mix Magic began and got a great view. It was a wonderful contrast to our January 2019 trip to WDW during "slow" season!

- And finally, PRACTICE! Make sure your BG party is formed and you are all linked. People were scanning their ticket bar codes a few seconds after 8am and I was like :sad2:

- Cast members scanned bar codes for EVERY single person entering the ride and being VERY strict. Two cast members looked at our boarding passes before we could enter the que and a third castmember scanned our passes once we were in line. There was a group of 8-10 people in front of me and all but one had a boarding group. They were arguing with a cast member saying the woman person had a boarding group in the morning but it somehow disappeared from her phone. We took about 5 minutes to take pics, scan our boarding passes, etc. and the group was still arguing with the cast member when we entered the building. I have no idea what the end result was...
Thank you for the detailed report! Good reminder about the woman who said her BG disappeared from her phone. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned being saved by having a screenshot of their boarding pass when the original did indeed disappear for who knows what reason. So, if you do get a BG, take a screen shot or a photo as a backup to prove that you really have it! After all the trouble you have to go through to get it, the last thing you want is to lose it!

Thank you for the detailed report! Good reminder about the woman who said her BG disappeared from her phone. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned being saved by having a screenshot of their boarding pass when the original did indeed disappear for who knows what reason. So, if you do get a BG, take a screen shot or a photo as a backup to prove that you really have it! After all the trouble you have to go through to get it, the last thing you want is to lose it!
Yes, taking screenshots is a smart thing to do... I actually take a screenshot of every FP I get. It doesn’t take long and might save you some trouble. If it’s important I would always do a screenshot just in case. Just like taking the photo of your park ticket... better safe than sorry...

I love the thread and yesterday was the first day I was able to play along from home (I had to restart my iPhone to be able to click the “join boarding group” button...but I got through once before backups) though I hope boarding passes will be easier to obtain around thanksgiving (if I’ll be able to make a vacation).
It’s still fun to try it out and playing with the phone in the afternoon isn’t that sacrificing like at night like the Australians have to do...

... I love the thread and yesterday was the first day I was able to play along from home (I had to restart my iPhone to be able to click the “join boarding group” button...but I got through once before backups)...
It’s still fun to try it out and playing with the phone in the afternoon isn’t that sacrificing like at night like the Australians have to do...
I love that DISers around the world are playing along from home!

The Chart
Shoutout again to @dina444444 who did literally all of the work on this
View attachment 467161
Yesterday was by far the best day that the DL ROTR has had, both in terms of uptime but I think honestly more importantly in terms of throughput - when it was running, the BGs/hour were higher than the BGs/hour when it was running on other days.

Still a long way to go to catch up to WDW's speeds (or the supposed OHRC, which if I am understanding everything correctly would be something like 17 BGs/hour) but yesterday was a big improvement!

I’ve read through many pages on this thread but didn’t see this question, so forgive me if this is repetitive. On a EMH day at DCA, if you have already scanned in your park hopper ticket, can you still attempt to join a BG if you are in DCA, or do you have to be in DL to do this ?

Nothing new to add besides another data point. Got BG 1 (!) yesterday with the following:

-Waited by steps to train stop where I was getting full strength cell signals
-Google Pixel 2 XL (Android) on Verizon

I had to set up a new DL app account in order to delete linked APs so I didn't waste time unlinking people. For some unclear reason I also didn't have the "Delete" option using my original account.

I’ve read through many pages on this thread but didn’t see this question, so forgive me if this is repetitive. On a EMH day at DCA, if you have already scanned in your park hopper ticket, can you still attempt to join a BG if you are in DCA, or do you have to be in DL to do this ?
No one has tested this to my knowledge but the consensus here is that DCA will not suffice, you HAVE to scan into DL.

Someone tested this over the weekend - you have to be scanned into DL to try for a BG. Only scanned into DCA did not work.

No one has yet tried scanning in to DL and then into DCA, to see if it works with any scan or if DL has to be the latest Scan, I plan to test this on Sunday if no one else has done so before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter