• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was me & my DH discussing this ride over dinner this evening. HAHAHA! Just had to share with y'all because you're my people and you understand!

View attachment 470870

I am totally sending this meme to my parents. We were all there 1/25-1/27 and my dad just could not wrap his head around the ROTR process. 😂😂😂😂😂 After our stressful boarding group Sunday, we went back to the hotel around 1 and he took a two hour nap and then said “ok, we are not doing this ROTR stuff again tomorrow right?” 🤪

We ended up riding both ROTR and Smugglers Run and he told me he liked SR better. 🤦‍♀️

I am totally sending this meme to my parents. We were all there 1/25-1/27 and my dad just could not wrap his head around the ROTR process. 😂😂😂😂😂 After our stressful boarding group Sunday, we went back to the hotel around 1 and he took a two hour nap and then said “ok, we are not doing this ROTR stuff again tomorrow right?” 🤪

We ended up riding both ROTR and Smugglers Run and he told me he liked SR better. 🤦‍♀️
I LOVE IT!

Ok so one detail I left out of my BG day story that I posted on 1/26..... I suffered an injury! I was so excited when I got BG 21, I jumped up in the air and apparently my calves weren’t ready for that, because I badly strained my right calf. As in couldn’t walk. For hours. My parents tried to talk me into going back to the hotel and I just looked at them like they were insane. So I held onto the stroller and literally dragged my leg behind me and somehow managed to hobble on one leg. After we rode ROTR I bought Advil and took 800mg. The rest of the day is kind of a blur but at some point I know the Advil kicked in and I could walk slowly flat footed with a limp.

I mean how ridiculous is that? I just started walking normally again yesterday. Anyway, it took me a week to not be mortified and share. If you’re gonna jump when you score a BG, make sure you stretch first. 🤦‍♀️🤪😂

Ok, I think we're done at 126. You're all clear, kid!
Sorry everyone! My child *who is supposed to be sleeping* called me upstairs to ask whether I like mosquitos or moths better, and then quiz me on random addition facts. I’m pleased to say I passed 😂

Here is the graph!!! Despite the reemergence of the 2:30 curse, ROTR rebounded to kiss its all time high once again! But for the ride closing at 8:00 rather than 10:00 tonight, it might have exceeded it. Clearly Mr. Fix-It Tech was back on duty today. They need to give that guy a raise!

E409EBF9-9B9E-40BF-833B-1BF608C1552E.png

Here is the graph!!! Despite the reemergence of the 2:30 curse, ROTR rebounded to kiss its all time high once again! But for the ride closing at 8:00 rather than 10:00 tonight, it might have exceeded it. Clearly Mr. Fix-It Tech was back on duty today. They need to give that guy a raise!

clearly 2:30 is his lunch hour
I told you all it is the Jawas...but no one believes me...:scratchin

Well group 22 went off without a hitch. Only two in our group will try for BGs tomorrow. I will not. I loved the ride, thought it was incredible but I honestly can’t handle how the process kind of controls my day. The return time made our park hopping a little wonky and we got way less done today than we normally do. We were definitely out of our normal rhythm.

I feel very fortunate to have ridden it twice. Maybe if three of us refrain tomorrow someone else will get lucky.

Well group 22 went off without a hitch. Only two in our group will try for BGs tomorrow. I will not. I loved the ride, thought it was incredible but I honestly can’t handle how the process kind of controls my day. The return time made our park hopping a little wonky and we got way less done today than we normally do. We were definitely out of our normal rhythm.

I feel very fortunate to have ridden it twice. Maybe if three of us refrain tomorrow someone else will get lucky.
See, and I think that is part of the design of the thing. For people who are used to a certain ebb and flow, this changes things enough to be too much of a hassle to do more than a few times. It becomes self-limiting, in a way. Sure, there will be die hards who want to do it every time. But for each of them I think there are a few folks like Erin who will be "over it" after 2 or 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter