• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we're done at 106 today. So much potential,but setbacks like these are unfortunately still to be expected. Hopefully when they do their post-mortem tonight they learn something about some system that killed the attraction for 3 hours today so that next time it breaks they can get it back up faster.

NO! Try not. DO. Or do not. There is no try.

Fridays are not terrible as it is not a magic morning. Backups last a while. Not as nice as wednesdays... but better than Tues/Thurs for sure.

We're only going 1 day in May (playing hooky) and I was trying to decide between Wed 5th or Thurs 6th. It seems like Wed would be the preferred day. :thanks:

So far we've planned on going to DL on Tues/Fri and CA on Wed/Th. Are Tuesdays terrible? I guess we'll have Friday as a backup. My family will really think I'm crazy if I change things up with less than three weeks to go. Who am I kidding? They already do think that.

That sounds crazy and would have made me so anxious. I was planning on arriving an hour before opening on our non-MM day. Are we thinking that's not nearly enough time? We'll be there at park opening on Thursday because we'll have MM. But I'm wondering about our Friday. They open at 8 that day.
We arrived to the gates today around 8:05. It was a MM- with regular opening at 9. We were in the park by 8:15. But we did benefit from them opening the MM lines to regular guests right before they opened the park for all guests. Choose a line next to the MM lines in the middle and keep an eye on the CM. They will motion people over as the lines convert.

Last edited:
Here is the end-of-day graph. As others have noted, the day started with a bang and they *nearly* crossed the all-time high, but then 4:00 happened. Interestingly, the exemplary morning did allow them to rebound at least to the average. Condolences to everyone who waited in that 3-hour line though.

4308D169-5B4D-49D5-81BD-60591769398C.png

Last edited:

Oof, what a bad breakdown. I am so sorry for the people that had to wait there. And agree it's RIDICULOUS for Disney to make people wait there instead of issuing FPs so they can return later.

DH and older DD and I are headed there tomorrow morning for our first and only attempt to ride (at least for several months). Thankful for the helpful people on this thread. We'll be as prepared as possible!

May the Force be with us! :)

Here is the end-of-day graph. As others have noted, the started with a bang and they *nearly* crossed the all-time high, but then 4:00 happened. Interestingly, the exemplary morning did allow them to rebound at least to the average. Condolences to everyone who waited in that 3-hour line though.

And just like that it went from the best Tuesday ever (and fastest ever completion of regular BGs) to the worst Tuesday ever. (Don't you just love small sample sizes?)

i think my main issue with how they’re handling it is I don’t remember this being their policy for DHS. Or if it is they are handling it much better with the whole send food, drinks, and characters through the queue during down time. If your going to force me to stay in line that long at least implement the same tactic as your identical sister ride on the other coast. I don’t see why this at least isn’t an option.

It’s one thing to get stuck on the ride. It’s another to be stuck in the queue and being forced with a policy that is being done much better on the other coast.

Someone on twitter indicated that they got fast passes... @natebenma @fac429 have they told you you had to stay in line, or have they offered to let you go with a fast pass?

only saw 1 CM while in line and that was within first 1.5 hours of wait. Only info we had was the occasional announcement that we may choose to stay in line but they didn’t know how long. Was not hopeful we would get returns to ride if we left.
one more day at the parks. Early morning at CA today. Don’t want to waste much Park time since we lost 3 hours yesterday. Not sure if we will go through hassle again today. Not good that I woke up at 1 am

We had a two hour return. BG 70 called for arrival between 2:45 and 4:45

edited post for poor math computation

Last edited:
You already all know my feelings about this “hold everyone like prisoners in line” thing they’ve decided to do when the ride breaks down. (Even worse when they start to clear the line and then change their mind.)

😒😑😒😠

I’m sorry everyone had to go through that this afternoon. I was thinking of emailing to express that while we love the ride and find the BG system an overall success, they need to change this breakdown policy. Perhaps I will write that email after all...
You should write the email. I'm not one to complain, but things like this really need to be addressed.

Outside of having to deal with the early morning chaos of getting a BG, another reason why I don't want to ride again is the ride's lack of reliability, and the park having crazy line situations during breakdowns. And seeing all of these reports from people on here and facebook is confirming my decision.
Your experience Sunday is something that you really should write about. Conflicting information given by Disney about whether to leave the queue? Then being shouted at by a CM when you do not know what to do? Then losing your original place where you had a seat? Then the long wait in the end when you had another commitment. And I would tell them it was your DH's birthday too.

Disney needs to handle this differently and better. :crazy2:

i think my main issue with how they’re handling it is I don’t remember this being their policy for DHS. Or if it is they are handling it much better with the whole send food, drinks, and characters through the queue during down time. If your going to force me to stay in line that long at least implement the same tactic as your identical sister ride on the other coast. I don’t see why this at least isn’t an option.

It’s one thing to get stuck on the ride. It’s another to be stuck in the queue and being forced with a policy that is being done much better on the other coast.
yes yes yes! At WDW when we rode ROTR, the ride was having a bad day. They had cleared the line (or at least it looked like it from the outside, and from what the CM told me). And the CM's told people you could leave and go do other things until the ride was back. Even if you came back after your boarding group was done, it would still be honored. People still waited outside the ride entrance, but that was their choice to, they weren't being forced. We left and did another ride and ate lunch before doing it.

yes yes yes! At WDW when we rode ROTR, the ride was having a bad day. They had cleared the line (or at least it looked like it from the outside, and from what the CM told me). And the CM's told people you could leave and go do other things until the ride was back. Even if you came back after your boarding group was done, it would still be honored. People still waited outside the ride entrance, but that was their choice to, they weren't being forced. We left and did another ride and ate lunch before doing it.

That's what I am so confused about. I was explaining the ride being down situation to DH last night and he said, "That's so stupid of Disney. Then not only are people ticked off, but they also aren't out and about spending money!"

Disneyland is NOT a large park; you can go out, get lunch as you did (i.e. spend more money in the park!) and ride some rides and be overall more positive, get a notification when it is back open, and head on back. I literally see NO reason why this isn't happening. There is no way there would not be a flood of people back to ride as soon as it reopens. We don't have a problem with BG (seems the best solution), but this staying-in-line thing... It is just so illogical. Am I missing something?

That's what I am so confused about. I was explaining the ride being down situation to DH last night and he said, "That's so stupid of Disney. Then not only are people ticked off, but they also aren't out and about spending money!"

Disneyland is NOT a large park; you can go out, get lunch as you did (i.e. spend more money in the park!) and ride some rides and be overall more positive, get a notification when it is back open, and head on back. I literally see NO reason why this isn't happening. There is no way there would not be a flood of people back to ride as soon as it reopens. We don't have a problem with BG (seems the best solution), but this staying-in-line thing... It is just so illogical. Am I missing something?
I don't think you're missing anything. I get that they want to keep people around for a little while, if the system bounces back quickly then it doesn't make sense to leave. But once you've pushed past 30 or 45 minutes (or you have a good probability of it exceeding that) I think it would go a long way for guest satisfaction to just grant a fastpass and get folks out of the queue. Or, if the concern is that the fastpasses will bottleneck things and you want to control return time, it wouldn't be that hard to code something in where they scan your ticket and it gives you back your boarding group.

Or at least do what Batuu East does and send drinks and snacks and characters into the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter