• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think my main issue with how they’re handling it is I don’t remember this being their policy for DHS. Or if it is they are handling it much better with the whole send food, drinks, and characters through the queue during down time. If your going to force me to stay in line that long at least implement the same tactic as your identical sister ride on the other coast. I don’t see why this at least isn’t an option.

It’s one thing to get stuck on the ride. It’s another to be stuck in the queue and being forced with a policy that is being done much better on the other coast.
According to this user WDW got cookies, bananas and Wookie pics when it went down 1/29 and people stayed in line (first report I've seen of this but I believe the poster) Link (reference middle of the 2nd paragraph)... I've asked over there for how long they are seeing people wait when the ride breaks for a Coast to Coast comparison.

ETA: a mod responded they hadn't seen reports over 2 hours before they evacuate the line in WDW

Last edited:

Wow, playing from home I had some wonkiness happening for the first time in about 2 weeks. For reference, Galaxy S8, WIFI, Android Pie OS.

At exactly 9:00, app was already open and hit "Find Out More." Surprisingly, grey button. Quick back out, back in and button still grey...hmmm...
Quick app reboot, again, still grey but now...My Status > Join Boarding Group is active...I will say it seems Iphone users have better luck on this screen based on the blogs/YoutTube videos I've seen. They seem to click My Status at 8:59 and continually refresh. However, doing that, FOR ME, seems to hang the app and the blue circle of death spins with no last updated time.

Results of all this? I still think app already open and hitting Find out More at precisely 9:00 local time or park open is the best for me on Android Pie, Galaxy phone. IPhone seems to be the other way via my status however we will get to try all of this next month...live and in person!

So much for Wednesdays being a good day to go to DL. That does not look fun to me. My version of one of the 7 circles of Hell.
That’s just because everyone is compacted into one spot before opening.

Once the park opens and they spread out, it’s not bad.

The fact that backups are still available indicates that Wednesday probably remains the best day!

So much for Wednesdays being a good day to go to DL. That does not look fun to me. My version of one of the 7 circles of Hell.
What's even more interesting is the YouTube videos of the people 'leaving' DL at 9:05, BG or not...I'm curious what that has done to wait times although it looks as if, today, most rides are at 5 minutes expect for Indy (45 min) and PP (20 min) at 9:15 a.m.

I’m telling you guys, it’s really not that bad once the park opens. It’s more people than you’d see at a normal rope drop, of course, but the total number of people is still way less people than would normally be in the park at, say, 10:30 on any normal day. It’s the arriving all at once aspect that creates those “sea of humanity” photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter