Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Yesterday was my first time riding it. I didn't know what to expect walking in, but was slightly disappointed.
whats-wrong-with-you.gif

Seriously though, I can see how expectations could alter your reaction to it. For instance, if you expected something more intense than a dark ride, I could see a person leaving disappointed. If you went in expecting a thrill ride I could see the disconnect, maybe a second run through might change things.

For me it’s all about the immersion, and at least pre Covid, the immersion was incredible, not sure how much has changed in that regard. It’s more an interactive experience than a ride, and if there are Covid things that break that immersion I could see it diminishing things.

For me it’s all about the immersion, and at least pre Covid, the immersion was incredible, not sure how much has changed in that regard. It’s more an interactive experience than a ride, and if there are Covid things that break that immersion I could see it diminishing things.
I rode twice last week and for me there was definitely something different about the ride that didn't have the wow factor that previous rides prior to COVID had. I wasn't able to put my finger on what was missing until I read your post but I would definitely say the immersion is currently missing in some way.

There is less immersion now. Due to the time limit on inside attractions, the entire line is outside, the inside line area is bypassed, the stationary pre-show is just a walk through, and the waiting part after the first ride part after that is a quick walk through instead of high interaction*. It doesn’t ruin it, but it does reduce the experience. Smuggler's run has a similar effect, though it's less there. You're quickly walked through the inside line, through the pre-show room, and the interior of the falcon, instead of getting to really look at everything. It's not a deal breaker but it's better with all those little things.

* trying to be a little vague here to avoid spoilers

I will be there for three days and I have a lot of food reservations. The Alfresco Tasting Terrace, Blue Bayou. Carthay Circle, Lamplight Lounge, and Cafe Orleans. What happens if my boarding group is called the same time as a food reservation?

I will be there for three days and I have a lot of food reservations. The Alfresco Tasting Terrace, Blue Bayou. Carthay Circle, Lamplight Lounge, and Cafe Orleans. What happens if my boarding group is called the same time as a food reservation?
In the past if your BG was called during your reservation you could show the CM your food reservation they would let you board late. Screen grab your reservations to keep a record.

In the past if your BG was called during your reservation you could show the CM your food reservation they would let you board late. Screen grab your reservations to keep a record.
Thank you. Hopefully they are still doing this. Has anyone come across this recently?

whats-wrong-with-you.gif

Seriously though, I can see how expectations could alter your reaction to it. For instance, if you expected something more intense than a dark ride, I could see a person leaving disappointed. If you went in expecting a thrill ride I could see the disconnect, maybe a second run through might change things.

Hah. As you guessed, we rode it a second time today and both my wife and I liked it a lot more. Sharing what I didn't like the first time would lead to possible spoilers, but I can say I was comparing it to Indiana Jones and Pirates, which both just have a ton more practical effects than this ride does. Not sure if is the right phrase to describe them, but ROTR has fewer animatronics, I suppose.

Regardless, I hope to get a third time through and I would definitely place it on my list near Indiana Jones and Pirates.

Last edited:
Hah. As you guessed, we rode it a second time today and both my wife and I liked it a lot more. Sharing what I didn't like the first time would lead to possible spoilers, but I can say I was comparing it to Indiana Jones and Pirates, which both just have a ton more practical effects than this ride does. Not sure if is the right phrase to describe them, but ROTR has fewer animatronics, I suppose.

Regardless, I hope to get a third time through and I would definitely place it on near Indiana Jones and Pirates.

I rode it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. For me, it was so hard to hear the CM talking before boarding, between the mask, face shield and ambient noise. I didn't have problems with other rides so I'm guessing they were just particularly quiet. I could tell they were talking but didn't know if they were chatting or giving directions or what. Once we got on the ride I enjoyed that aspect of it.

I mean, my family thought it was definitely better pre-pandemic. It’s still a cool ride and experience, but we all three commented that we were so glad we’d ridden it previously because the experience leading up to the ride was pretty diminished due to shorter/so much less interactive. (Trying to avoid spoilers, but with the part that’s cut, you never actually get a mission? I’m not sure why they don’t sub something in for that?)

I think that anybody riding for the first time during the pandemic will be even more blown away when they get to ride it in the future!

I mean, my family thought it was definitely better pre-pandemic. It’s still a cool ride and experience, but we all three commented that we were so glad we’d ridden it previously because the experience leading up to the ride was pretty diminished due to shorter/so much less interactive. (Trying to avoid spoilers, but with the part that’s cut, you never actually get a mission? I’m not sure why they don’t sub something in for that?)

I think that anybody riding for the first time during the pandemic will be even more blown away when they get to ride it in the future!

Given I rode it first two days ago, am I correct in assuming that a fair portion of the queue is inside in a long grey hallway that you currently just walk through?

Given I rode it first two days ago, am I correct in assuming that a fair portion of the queue is inside in a long grey hallway that you currently just walk through?

with plexiglass along the middle, after the pre-show? Yes, but there is a previous long hallway/queue that is interesting and not used at all right now. There's is also usually a LOT more interaction happening at the end of that gray hallway.

edit - I can explain more if you want details, just PM me. I just don’t want to ruin anything for a first timer, it's so awesome to ride for the first time without knowing the details.

with plexiglass along the middle, after the pre-show? Yes, but there is a previous long hallway/queue that is interesting and not used at all right now. There's is also usually a LOT more interaction happening at the end of that gray hallway.

edit - I can explain more if you want details, just PM me. I just don’t want to ruin anything for a first timer, it's so awesome to ride for the first time without knowing the details.

Thanks! I actually would also rather wait to get the full experience on a later trip. I too was trying to be vague in my question so as to not spoil anything. Hoping for a third ride tomorrow. We have to leave the park around 3ish. So, here's hoping for an early BG...

ROTR newbie here. Missed out on my one chance at WDW even though I practiced and watched the clock like a hawk. I will be at DLR W-F next week. I have a DCA start on Wednesday, and a DLR start on Thursday and Friday. I am solo this trip
2 questions
1) I have my old AP sitting in my account for the Discounts. Will that affect my being able to choose add party at beginning? Will I have to de-select that AP before proceeding?
2) Since I cannot go to DLR from DCA until 1pm on Wednesday, I assume I cannot try for ROTR on Wednesday, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter