• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

That's exactly my frustration. We could plan it out to the T, but because there is no set procedure, it could all go out the window. For those who have ridden ROTR, would you potentially sacrifice a DCA early entry day to get a BG? Is it that good?

We did when we stayed at the Grand back in late Jan. It was annoying but we gave up EMH to ride ROTR. It had to be done, the ride was brand new, only open a week at the time. Missing it was not an option.

They told me they fixed it. I trusted them to fix it. It's not my fault.
Fikj.gif

So, coming up on 2 hours down after the false start, so it's really more like 3+ hours down. DHS went down as well today. A disappointing day to be sure, at least we still have some time to hopefully get some more folks on...if they can get it back up and running.

We did when we stayed at the Grand back in late Jan. It was annoying but we gave up EMH to ride ROTR. It had to be done, the ride was brand new, only open a week at the time. Missing it was not an option.
We were there on similar January timing and sort of did the same - went to DL first to get scanned in, then over to DCA where I got BG 31 and enjoyed the relatively empty park that others have also commented on. I’ve noticed DCA EMH is busiest in the first half hour or so, then starts to thin out as people either move to Disneyland or to attractions not yet open. Here is one of my favorite DCA MM pics - Radiator Springs Racers queue at 7:55 on a EMH, literally no one in line, where there had been a 20-25 min line from 7:10-7:45. We rode it at least twice without waiting and with no other people in racers on the track.

49FDF375-21AC-43BB-A435-708C56BC2ED1.jpeg

Going this Thursday. Just got a reservation for Plaza Inn at 0810 so that we can be assured we are in the park at 0900. We live about 60 minutes away (with traffic, on a weekend its 35!) and are leaving by 0630. Being in the park at opening to even try is what I was concerned about plus we've wanted to go to Plaza for breakfast for a while so this is hopefully a win-win.

We've been quite a few times since the ride opened but this our first time trying! Have loved following this thread and all the helpful information! Going in with a good attitude and lucky that we will have more opportunities if it doesn't work out.

Ooh this is a great hack, we tend to stay overnight one night but are going for a day trip on March 28. Opening time is 8am, so we’d be planning on arriving parking at 6:30. If we’re going that early, might as well destress our morning by getting the Plaza Inn special line, this had never occurred to me previously. I booked a 7:10am reservation. Character meals are not really our thing but we got a Flexpass this year and have declared it the Year of Disney- the game plan is to try to have the widest variety of experiences we can this year.

Question: what time should we arrive at the front gate for a 7:10 reservation? 6:50?

We were there on similar January timing and sort of did the same - went to DL first to get scanned in, then over to DCA where I got BG 31 and enjoyed the relatively empty park that others have also commented on. I’ve noticed DCA EMH is busiest in the first half hour or so, then starts to thin out as people either move to Disneyland or to attractions not yet open. Here is one of my favorite DCA MM pics - Radiator Springs Racers queue at 7:55 on a EMH, literally no one in line, where there had been a 20-25 min line from 7:10-7:45. We rode it at least twice without waiting and with no other people in racers on the track.

View attachment 478358

Delicious.

At the time we were there, most reports (the correct ones) stated that you could get a boarding pass from anywhere after scanning in to DL. But there were some conflicting (erroneous) reports that you needed to actually be *in* DL. We didn’t want to risk it. I think we scanned in to DCA, walked through the park to DL. Then we hunkered down there to wait for our chance of a boarding group. We were annoyed to miss EMH but that wasn’t where our priorities were for that trip.

You know, the week AFTER Easter is usually not too insane unless Easter is early and coincides with March spring breaks. We always have that week off because the school I taught at/school my daughter attends has an "Easter Break" rather than a "Spring Break," and we spent several years being "surprised" by the more moderate crowds before we stopped being surprised and decided that's kind of the norm. We were out of town Easter 2019, but we went the two Easter Sundays before that (after church, so not even rope-dropping), and found them quite manageable, too. It's not going to be empty, of course, but you might be pleasantly surprised!

Back on topic for ROTR, I would guess they were able to start loading so early this morning because of how early they stopped calling groups last night, right?

The week after Easter is Dapper Days April 15 - 22.. but special discounts are given for resort rooms April 12 thru 25..... We have been there during Dapper Days.. Crowds are not too bad and fun to watch

Are backup boarding groups actually still available? At 10? Just playing with the app to familiarize myself. Going the week after Easter. I'm concerned about how hard it will be to get one that week!
We're there then too trying for the first time and I'm super nervous about it too. We haven't been in a long time but are going all out with the 5 day park hopper so am trying to be optimistic.
Problem is we have a solid breakfast included at our hotel that DH will not want to miss... and with when it opens, if the park is opening at 8 on those days, it's going to be really tight to get in line at a good place if the crowds continue.

You know, the week AFTER Easter is usually not too insane unless Easter is early and coincides with March spring breaks. We always have that week off because the school I taught at/school my daughter attends has an "Easter Break" rather than a "Spring Break," and we spent several years being "surprised" by the more moderate crowds before we stopped being surprised and decided that's kind of the norm. We were out of town Easter 2019, but we went the two Easter Sundays before that (after church, so not even rope-dropping), and found them quite manageable, too. It's not going to be empty, of course, but you might be pleasantly surprised!

Fingers crossed here! Our spring break is Easter break too, so it's good timing this year for us... provided we get to ride ROTR of course.

The week after Easter is Dapper Days April 15 - 22.. but special discounts are given for resort rooms April 12 thru 25..... We have been there during Dapper Days.. Crowds are not too bad and fun to watch

We'll be attempting ROTR will in Dapper Day Star Wars themed Disneybound outfits on Dapper Day... if it works out should have some good pictures. Fingers crossed!

Guess they rode it a bit too hard this morning--- :(
At some point they have to ramp up the capacity to find additional weak points in the system. This morning as best as I can tell they ran it at close to their target capacity, and the fact that they were able to keep that up for over four hours is actually pretty impressive. I guess they don't see the benefit in running the attraction conservatively after a good day. I can respect that.

While it's a bummer that it then had a horrible afternoon and evening, it makes sense that they want to do this now, since next week they start into the Spring Break season. Depending on how the data comes out and what they learned today, I'd expect them to try it again before the week is out. Short term loss, long term gain and all that.

I almost got to the first ride vehicle when it shut down this afternoon. However, blessing in disguise, I was able to let DH use my return fast pass since he will not be able to make it in for opening anytime this trip because of business meetings. He got to go this evening, was thrilled... I have two more days to try for myself.

They are asking everyone in line if they have seen any ride spoilers.

If they answer "No", they take them through a secret tunnel into the new parking structure, drive them around for a few minutes, and drop them back at the exit. :thumbsup2
LOL -- so the secret's out now!

My first day and just made it in by 9am after landing at LAX at 6
Got BG 53
On by lunch
It was awesome
Thanks all for the tips
So glad you got to ride!

... While it's a bummer that it then had a horrible afternoon and evening, it makes sense that they want to do this now, since next week they start into the Spring Break season. Depending on how the data comes out and what they learned today, I'd expect them to try it again before the week is out. Short term loss, long term gain and all that.
Agree with this and have been wondering about it as Spring Break has been looming closer.

We're there then too trying for the first time and I'm super nervous about it too. We haven't been in a long time but are going all out with the 5 day park hopper so am trying to be optimistic.
Problem is we have a solid breakfast included at our hotel that DH will not want to miss... and with when it opens, if the park is opening at 8 on those days, it's going to be really tight to get in line at a good place if the crowds continue.

Fingers crossed here! Our spring break is Easter break too, so it's good timing this year for us... provided we get to ride ROTR of course.

We'll be attempting ROTR will in Dapper Day Star Wars themed Disneybound outfits on Dapper Day... if it works out should have some good pictures. Fingers crossed!

We are dapper bounding as "Disney Villains". We have Jafar, Cruella, Frollo, Prince John, Hades, Captain Hook, and the last two are undecided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter