• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Restarted my phone last night. App seems to be loading quicker today.
Galaxy S7 (Android), latest

As an experiment, at 8:57, I am clicking in to Find Out More. Land Status Closed. Now Boarding --. Join Boarding Group is grey.

Using Samsung Watch...at 8:59:50, clicking my Status. Join Boarding Group button not active.

Refreshing. Refreshing, Refreshing...Nope. No Joy. Back out to FOM. Button is Red. That's new...

Exiting the app, coming back in at 9:01. We're on backups.

Boarding 1-4 at 9:01 now. Dude.

I didn't see exactly when backups started by I got the backup message at 9:01. I did get a weird message when practicing. The first time through no issues but the next time I tried I got an error that says we are not admitting new guests who do not have a boarding group. I didn't get a screen shot of it though. It was as small banner at the bottom of the app.

At home. Still getting the back up message at 9:10.

Restarted my phone last night. App seems to be loading quicker today.
Galaxy S7 (Android), latest

As an experiment, at 8:57, I am clicking in to Find Out More. Land Status Closed. Now Boarding --. Join Boarding Group is grey.

Using Samsung Watch...at 8:59:50, clicking my Status. Join Boarding Group button not active.

Refreshing. Refreshing, Refreshing...Nope. No Joy. Back out to FOM. Button is Red. That's new...

Exiting the app, coming back in at 9:01.
Since I do not have an Android, but will be traveling with some Android users tomorrow, can you spell out what this means? Here is what it sounds like to me, so please correct me:
  • You are checking the impact on an Android phone of clicking the Find Out More (FOM) button before official park opening (OPO)?
  • Androids are behaving differently now than before?
  • But it still messes up the app behavior, prevents you from getting a BG, and you have to restart the app, like before?
  • It is still not recommended to click FOM before OPO??
:wizard:

Last edited:

At home, still getting backup boarding group message at 9:45 am, with groups 1-29 boarding.

Sorry , we don’t have feet on the ground today . Going to skip ROTR today , been on it 4 times in 4 days. That’s enough ! We are heading into DCA today , and maybe wander around DL later .
Good luck to everyone trying for boarding groups in a few minutes !
Backups still available! Come on...you know you want to...

Here at 10:15, backups still available.

Interestingly enough, they are now calling 19-33. That suggests that 1-18 (which were all called in the first fifteen minutes) were 1 hour return windows. Will be keeping an eye on when the return window extends to 2 hours, if it does.

Here at 10:15, backups still available.

Interestingly enough, they are now calling 19-33. That suggests that 1-18 (which were all called in the first fifteen minutes) were 1 hour return windows. Will be keeping an eye on when the return window extends to 2 hours, if it does.
I know 17 had a one hour return today. One of my friends had that group this morning.

Lol , sorry have t stepped foot in DL today . In DCA right now . Just jumped on RRR with a 10minute wait , right before it jumped up 55 ! SCORE !
I can confirm you can’t join a boarding group from DCA without going into DL .
I tried , lol !

RRR...Radiator River Racers?
Rise of the Resisting Radiators???

I bought my family 4-day hoppers through the app. We're arriving quite late our first day and everyone wants to sleep in.

I'm probably going to go to DL solo on our first day because I'm the big Star Wars fan and eager to be there at rope drop.

The app has us all listed when i have done boarding group assignments from home.

Can i still "unlink" the rest of my family if they don't have physical tickets yet by entering the park on the first day with me?If so, can someone give me some step by step instructions on how to unlink them, and how to relink them in the app? And, can i practice this before i leave?

We got Boarding Group 4 this morning from inside Plaza Inn! 2 of us trying for a party of 3.

Closed everything, turned off Blue tooth and Wifi. Put in Do Not Disturb mode. Opened the app at 0859:30 then hit find out more and join boarding group. Went on the ride immediately and it was awesome! Such a cool experience, we were overwhelmed. My 3.5 year old did great.

We arrived to the parking structure at 0730. Mickey was backed up on the ramp but we sailed into Pixar and parked right by elevators. No lines at bag check or trams. We did the character breakfast line but people said they arrived around 725 and got in the park no problem.

Backup groups still being distributed.

We loved the ride but won’t do it for a while.

Backups still showing available at 11:30. Wishing I had gotten out of bed and popped over to the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter