Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Does anyone here have more than one set of tickets linked in their app? Is this going to be a problem when getting a boarding pass? I have 8 tickets linked in my account. 4 of them are our 2 day hoppers for this Sunday and May 22. The other 4 are the 5 day hoppers I just purchased for our July trip. Will it show me all 8 tickets and will I have to deselect the 4 that aren't relevant, or will it just show me the 4 tickets that have reservations linked for that day?

I can't seem to get a straight answer on this and I know if I have to sit there and make sure the correct tickets are selected, I will miss out on getting a boarding pass.
Others have reported that tickets with a valid reservation for that day will be pre-selected automatically, but it also seems that this doesn't work correctly when people try to play along at home. So up until the actual day if you try it out, it does look like you have to manually select tickets but on a day you are actually eligible with a reservation the correct ones seem to be pre-selected.
This is true. When I tried practicing at home the day before, the app selected my legacy pass along with the 3 day ticket. On the actual day only my 3 day ticket was selected since I had a valid reservation for that day.

So awesome to see this thread moving again. I am disappointed the ride has been modified since I didn't get to go on it before the shutdown but nonetheless want to make sure we get on at least once on our early June trip (7th-8th). Maybe the 15min attraction limit will be extended by then and they can put the preshow back.

I know this is a bit off topic but anyone think they might use the virtual queue or boarding pass system for the WEB SLINGERS ride? It will have just opened on our trip and will be a must do for us too. I'd hate to go through this level of stress for two rides!!

So awesome to see this thread moving again. I am disappointed the ride has been modified since I didn't get to go on it before the shutdown but nonetheless want to make sure we get on at least once on our early June trip (7th-8th). Maybe the 15min attraction limit will be extended by then and they can put the preshow back.

I know this is a bit off topic but anyone think they might use the virtual queue or boarding pass system for the WEB SLINGERS ride? It will have just opened on our trip and will be a must do for us too. I'd hate to go through this level of stress for two rides!!

I would hope not as it is a continuous loader like Toy Story Midway Mania.

I would hope not as it is a continuous loader like Toy Story Midway Mania.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. Just not sure what measures they'll have to take if it's in high demand with the limited capacity and need for extended queuing space that they might not have planned for.

Honestly, you could watch the pre-show on YouTube and get 80% of the experience out of it. It's all relatively static. The part after that is a huge part of the experience - so it's good you're losing the pre-show and not that.

I wouldn't put it past them. Honestly, I was fully expecting them to use virtual queues on more than just ROTR - I think that just got held off by the pandemic.

But I think a virtual queue for Spider-Man (or any other ride) would be different from ROTR. Like, I wouldn't expect a 7am release or anything like that. The ride is likely high enough in terms of capacity that they could just let you join as soon as you enter the park, and join throughout the day - you'll just know before you join what the estimated wait time would be.

Read through most of the previous posts, thanks everyone for all the helpful tips. Now to try and figure out how to get the seconds on my Apple SE which I just got today!

Others have reported that tickets with a valid reservation for that day will be pre-selected automatically, but it also seems that this doesn't work correctly when people try to play along at home. So up until the actual day if you try it out, it does look like you have to manually select tickets but on a day you are actually eligible with a reservation the correct ones seem to be pre-selected.

This was true for me as well. I have multiple tickets belonging to me and family members. When it came time to make the reservation only the ticket that I had the reservation for was selected. It was super easy.

Or use Atomic Clock, as previously mentioned. I rode ROTR 3 times before the pandemic closed and also last weekend. We’ve been successful scoring BG’s every time we’ve tried, though the ride has also broken down at some point every single day we’ve ridden it, resulting in longer than expected waits to ride.

The highest number BG I’ve ever received was 34, and the other times were 20, 27, and 10. You need to start clicking at 6:59:58 (or 11:59:58), and it helps to have a strong signal and multiple devices if possible. We usually have 3 phones going. You can be logged into multiple devices from the same account, and you can link tickets to other accounts. The app will preselect the tickets linked to that day’s reservation. Good luck!

Does anyone here have more than one set of tickets linked in their app? Is this going to be a problem when getting a boarding pass? I have 8 tickets linked in my account. 4 of them are our 2 day hoppers for this Sunday and May 22. The other 4 are the 5 day hoppers I just purchased for our July trip. Will it show me all 8 tickets and will I have to deselect the 4 that aren't relevant, or will it just show me the 4 tickets that have reservations linked for that day?

I can't seem to get a straight answer on this and I know if I have to sit there and make sure the correct tickets are selected, I will miss out on getting a boarding pass.

I just got back from the parks and had 2 2-day tickets for this past Sunday/Monday and 5 5-day tickets for June. When I went to join the queue, it automatically selected the tickets that were available, so the 2 day one with the active reservations. No need to select or unselect anything. I was using an iPhone.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Because of all of you I was able to ride Rise on Sunday. My DD had her phone out with the time on it. I was prepared with the app. When it hit 6:59.59, I waited a heartbeat and then hit the button. I got group 13! We rode around 10:30ish if I remember correctly. On Monday we started in DCA and got group 89 at the 1:00 distribution. We got called back at 4:20. Looking forward to riding again in June with the whole family.

I observed the same.

Also, I noticed that each time I went back to the boarding group screen, the estimated wait time was going up (180, 240, 350, 360 were the numbers I saw). The highest I saw was 360 minutes (6 hours), which does suggest that they are giving out boarding groups estimated to go out to 1pm.

Curious what numbers other folks see.

First attempt this morning at practicing. So I hit join group at 6:59:59, had to select my party and then click join. After what felt like the longest blue buffering symbol I got just a moment! Is that the correct process? Does that mean we would have got a boarding pass if we had tickets?

Thanks to all of your tips we got bg 20!! We are at the Grand and used their WiFi. So excited.
Congrats! Can I ask what it says your estimated wait is (or what it said your wait was when you first pulled it)?

I'm doing some math and I *think* they are using 3.5 minutes per boarding group but are reporting only to the 5 minute increment. On social media I saw 21 with a 190 minute wait and 57 with a 315 minute wait. Extrapolating out with a 3.5 minute per group that takes me to 70 at 360 minutes.

Congrats! Can I ask what it says your estimated wait is (or what it said your wait was when you first pulled it)?

I'm doing some math and I *think* they are using 3.5 minutes per boarding group but are reporting only to the 5 minute increment. On social media I saw 21 with a 190 minute wait and 57 with a 315 minute wait. Extrapolating out with a 3.5 minute per group that takes me to 70 at 360 minutes.
The app says 185 minutes.

I observed the same.

Also, I noticed that each time I went back to the boarding group screen, the estimated wait time was going up (180, 240, 350, 360 were the numbers I saw). The highest I saw was 360 minutes (6 hours), which does suggest that they are giving out boarding groups estimated to go out to 1pm.

Curious what numbers other folks see.
Yeah, I saw similar. Had noticed that one other time as well. Helpful if the group distribution is lasting awhile. Wasn't sure if that time frame was from now or when the ride opens, but probably makes more sense that it's from now.

First attempt this morning at practicing. So I hit join group at 6:59:59, had to select my party and then click join. After what felt like the longest blue buffering symbol I got just a moment! Is that the correct process? Does that mean we would have got a boarding pass if we had tickets?
Yes. In a real attempt, your party (everyone with reservations) will already be selected, so you will be able to just click through even faster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter