• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

I’d like to point out that I’ve gotten ROTR BG four times (twice pre-covid, twice-post) without any atomic clock or anything. I don’t have an Apple Watch or another phone. I just wait for the time to change on my iPhone and then click to join. 🤷‍♀️ Just to provide a counterpoint that you don’t necessarily *need* to do that to be successful.

Of course, we were in line on Thursday when the ride broke down for the day, so I’ve only actually ridden it three times... but that’s another story.

I’d like to point out that I’ve gotten ROTR BG four times (twice pre-covid, twice-post) without any atomic clock or anything. I don’t have an Apple Watch or another phone. I just wait for the time to change on my iPhone and then click to join. 🤷‍♀️ Just to provide a counterpoint that you don’t necessarily *need* to do that to be successful.

Of course, we were in line on Thursday when the ride broke down for the day, so I’ve only actually ridden it three times... but that’s another story.
When you say "click to join," are you doing that click on the main page where you click "Join Boarding Group," which takes you to all virtual queues, or are you already on the screen that lists all the queues?

When practicing at home, this is what I've done. I've it ready just before and the minute my phone hits 7am, I hit join and I've gotten through to the "you don't have any park reservations today" each time. I think I might just keep doing it this way.

When you say "click to join," are you doing that click on the main page where you click "Join Boarding Group," which takes you to all virtual queues, or are you already on the screen that lists all the queues?
I am on the main page and click “join boarding group.”

Only 3 weeks until our trip and I'm starting to get nervous about getting our ROTR boarding groups. I've practiced at home before, but this week it seems like things are different now that there will be Web Slingers boarding group drop at same time? When I went to boarding groups this morning, I never saw a button pop up to join.

Am I missing something?

Also, do people with older phones even have a chance? I have an iPhone 7, DH has a Android phone that is probably 5-6 years old, and we'll also try with iPad on wifi (at least for the 7 am). I think both the cell phones use the sprint network.
I have an old Android—Galaxy 7 and am 4/4 getting a BG. I use an app that counts down the seconds clock at the top of my screen so I don't use a second device with time.gov.

Everyone, please note: Close ALL the other apps on your phone. Have only the MDX app open. I think having other open apps may be the reason I failed on my first attempt to get a BG last week. The two other times I tried, both with all other apps closed, I succeeded. Was able to ride once, since the other time the ride went down.

To a poster upthread who waited until one second after 7 a.m.: You cannot wait that long. The BGs are gone in maybe 2 or 3 seconds.

I clicked on the first Join at 6:59:58. That worked for me.

To a poster upthread who waited until one second after 7 a.m.: You cannot wait that long. The BGs are gone in maybe 2 or 3 seconds.

I clicked on the first Join at 6:59:58. That worked for me.

Thank you for that (I'm the poster who failed). I understand that now. I was misled by the posts of the spreadsheet, that showed that the BGs lasted for a minimum of 15 seconds. Seriously misleading. So I appreciate all the pointers, even though, at this point, we won't go back until the parks are closer to normal. Perhaps sometime in the fall, perhaps later.

Just planned a DL trip now that parks are opening to OOS guests. So I don’t have to read all 78 pages, am I understanding correctly that we no longer have to be scanned into the park to get a BG and BF availability opens at 7 am and 12 pm daily? If so, it would be helpful for people like me if this could be updated on Page 1 please.

Just planned a DL trip now that parks are opening to OOS guests. So I don’t have to read all 78 pages, am I understanding correctly that we no longer have to be scanned into the park to get a BG and BF availability opens at 7 am and 12 pm daily? If so, it would be helpful for people like me if this could be updated on Page 1 please.
Yes that’s correct. As long as you have a park reservation for DL park on that day you can try for a BG. If you have a park hopper that starts in DCA then you can only try for the noon distribution. You can only get one BG a day so if you get one at 7am you cannot get another at noon. But if you fail at 7am then you have a 2nd chance at noon.

Just trying again as a practice but also getting the message. Really hoping this is a one off, as only have one day next weekend to get to ride

DL app saying ROTR not available today. Bummer for me looking for that first ride …
Was playing around with it this morning and got the same message 🥺

We have 5 park days (3 starting in DL) coming up soon, so I’m sure we’ll be fine, but I’m all of a sudden anxious about securing one again.

Last edited:
I was practicing and got the same message. What a huge bummer for those visiting for the memorial day weekend. We arrive on Tuesday so I hope they fix it quickly! Hugs to all the disappointed recruits today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter