Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

I have "chatted" with DL to have them remove the later set of tickets from my profile now so that I won't have to deal with that (assuming they ever respond and remove them for me). However, my AP is showing on the app (and boy did I have a hard time getting THAT attached in the first place!) What do you all recommend as far as that goes? I'd like to be able to use it if they're still offering discounts at the time of my trip. Or are they still accepting the physical cards for discounts?

They will need to scan the barcode in the app for discounts, not the physical card. Although they say you have to have the physical card and and ID I was never once asked for anything other than the barcode in the app. I definitely would NOT try to remove it (especially since it will also auto-apply your discount to any mobile ordering as long as its loaded). It is not going to be an issue for getting a boarding group and will not be selected. If you are super super concerned then just make another account with only your tickets specifically for getting a BG.

I have "chatted" with DL to have them remove the later set of tickets from my profile now so that I won't have to deal with that (assuming they ever respond and remove them for me). However, my AP is showing on the app (and boy did I have a hard time getting THAT attached in the first place!) What do you all recommend as far as that goes? I'd like to be able to use it if they're still offering discounts at the time of my trip. Or are they still accepting the physical cards for discounts?
We were just in the parks on Monday. Having the legacy AP in my app did not impact my ability to get BGs for WS (BG1 at the 7:00 AM drop) or RoTR (BG 143 at the noon drop).

When I presented my physical card at LL I was told they have to scan the App. The physical card is pretty much just a memento now.

Do you have to remove multiple tickets? Or are people just doing that as a precaution?

When we go in July, we will have 10 tickets in the app. 2 for July, 4 for august and 4 that just randomly appeared in my app that we never bought. 🤷‍♀️ I’ve tried to see why these tickets appeared in my app multiple times via chat, but no one can ever help me!

Do you have to remove multiple tickets? Or are people just doing that as a precaution?
You don't have to do this. One person reported an issue a few days ago where things didn't work right and they had to manually select tickets (and then didn't get a BG) but it's not clear why. They did create a new account with just the tickets for their current visit and were able to use that successfully but that doesn't necessarily mean the multiple tickets were the issue in the other account...with wacky Disney IT who knows.

On the other hand, many people here (including myself) have had no issues at all with extra tickets (and legacy passes) in the app- the correct tickets have been automatically selected on the actual day just fine.

You don't have to do this. One person reported an issue a few days ago where things didn't work right and they had to manually select tickets (and then didn't get a BG) but it's not clear why. They did create a new account with just the tickets for their current visit and were able to use that successfully but that doesn't necessarily mean the multiple tickets were the issue in the other account...with wacky Disney IT who knows.

On the other hand, many people here (including myself) have had no issues at all with extra tickets (and legacy passes) in the app- the correct tickets have been automatically selected on the actual day just fine.
Thank you!! Very much appreciated ☺️

Stephanie--I have a trip planned for next week. So I decided to go on the Disneyland app today and practice on the noon boarding groups, for both RotR and WS. I thought something was wrong when the join button remained on the screen for over 3 minutes!? I guess I wasn't the only one to witness it!

I did notice the estimated wait hit 360 min and stopped there within 30 seconds, although the Join button stayed afloat for longer. This leads me to assume there are more backup groups being released?

I noticed in a recent ride through video the moving blasters in the long hallway scene seem completely still and abandoned. I wonder if turning these elements off help keep the ride system running clean?

I think they are offering more BGs in the afternoon drop. RoTR hit over 280 BGs the other day. With WS I think they needed some real world reliability data to set the BG upper limit.

We missed out on 7AM on Tuesday and Wednesday - it was just lil’ ole me trying and I choked on Tuesday and I could get my atomic clock to come up on Wednesday 😆. BUT my untrained husband got Tuesday at noon first with 3 of us trying. I had the atomic clock countdown on my watch, we used the refresh method; he was on Android and my teenager and I on SE and X iPhones. Hth.
So worth it!

Last edited:
I was practicing this morning, and I made it to the “select your party” screen, and then the app crashed. This is the first time that has ever happened to me. I hope things go better tomorrow when I try for real!

Hi, we're wondering if we have a better chance of getting a boarding group if we split up (and unlink) our party of 6?

I was practicing this morning, and I made it to the “select your party” screen, and then the app crashed. This is the first time that has ever happened to me. I hope things go better tomorrow when I try for real!
That happened to me at 12pm on Wednesday.

Hi, we're wondering if we have a better chance of getting a boarding group if we split up (and unlink) our party of 6?
I wouldn’t do that. You risk some of your party being shut out. At best, you would end up with wildly different BG numbers.

Best to link all tickets to multiple accounts.

That being said...
If members of your party have different BG return times, you can let the CM know and they can update the BG number that you want to use. Best to go to a Plaid CM booth or ask a CM at the ROTR.
They were able to do this for me multiple times.

Many thanks to the members of this thread. We just returned from a 5 day stay and were able to go 10/10 on ROTR and Web Slingers boarding group booking thanks to the tips here. The key tips that were useful to us was using the time.gov website to be able pull down the app page with boarding groups exactly at 7am, being ready to hit the correct buttons right away by practicing beforehand, and using multiple phones to try it. Even though 3 of us (there were up to 7 in our group depending upon the day, but some were more tech saavy than others) were refreshing the app at the exact same time, the successful booker varied greatly. We also had group members set an alarm a few minutes before, since it's easy to get caught up doing something else and the window is very short (Maybe 2 seconds at the 7AM window, and at most 10 seconds at the noon window).

We got an early boarding group most days, but we realized that it's best to hit a couple of the rides that get the long lines before you report for your boarding group. They were pretty generous about showing up late, and the lines were long for select rides all week.

Many thanks to the members of this thread. We just returned from a 5 day stay and were able to go 10/10 on ROTR and Web Slingers boarding group booking thanks to the tips here. The key tips that were useful to us was using the time.gov website to be able pull down the app page with boarding groups exactly at 7am, being ready to hit the correct buttons right away by practicing beforehand, and using multiple phones to try it. Even though 3 of us (there were up to 7 in our group depending upon the day, but some were more tech saavy than others) were refreshing the app at the exact same time, the successful booker varied greatly. We also had group members set an alarm a few minutes before, since it's easy to get caught up doing something else and the window is very short (Maybe 2 seconds at the 7AM window, and at most 10 seconds at the noon window).

We got an early boarding group most days, but we realized that it's best to hit a couple of the rides that get the long lines before you report for your boarding group. They were pretty generous about showing up late, and the lines were long for select rides all week.

Was everyone in your group signed in to the same Disneyland app account or did everyone have their own accounts with the other people's tickets loaded on multiple accounts? (I hope this makes sense!)

What will the app (or my screen) say if someone in our party is successful in getting a boarding group? Mostly I'm wondering because someone will be trying from home as me in my account, away from the people and parks, while the rest of us are on site trying. We're all linked. What will it say if someone else in my party gets a BG?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter