Rise of the Resistance... confusion!!

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
We are coming to Disney in a couple of weeks. Staying on property.

We weren't planning on visiting HS at all... but now we've got someone in the group who wants to try to get a boarding pass to Rise of the Resistance.

I understand we have to make park reservations there, correct? Can't plan to park hop.

If we get on right at 7 to reserve, will we have any idea what time we will be riding? If we are going to do this, we have to plan to park hop to another park after 2. It just feels like signing up for it leaves the day totally un-plannable.

Any tips appreciated. I'm so confused!

Right now, you have to have a park reservation for HS in order to try at 7am.

There's another chance at 1pm but you have to be in the park to try.

Due to low crowds, if you hop over to HS after 2pm, there might still be BG available. [That's how we got one unexpectedly at around 4pm when we hopped over from MK one day.].

There's no guarantee though as the speed in which they load varies as I understand the ride is a bit tempermental.

Thank you!

Is a better plan starting at HS, then hopping to MK after 2? Any chance we won't be able to park hop?

Thank you!

Is a better plan starting at HS, then hopping to MK after 2? Any chance we won't be able to park hop?

In September it seems pretty likely you will be able to park hop. I don't think anyone knows what will happen come Oct. 1 and the 50th Anniversary.

If we get on right at 7 to reserve, will we have any idea what time we will be riding?
If you get a BG, with it you’ll usually get a rough estimate of how long before it’s called. But it’s just a rough guess since a lot depends on how well it’s running that day, how quickly other BGs get through, etc.

If you get a BG, with it you’ll usually get a rough estimate of how long before it’s called. But it’s just a rough guess since a lot depends on how well it’s running that day, how quickly other BGs get through, etc.
Yea, this is part of the great uncertainty. We already got a boarding group for early afternoon that turned into late afternoon due to problems that shut it down a couple hours. But I truly believe that's the exception, not the norm. Recommend you get HS park reservations that day, have someone in charge of your group on MDE online right at 7AM to grab the earliest group you can, and then hop to MK later in the day.

OR, the one person who wants to do ROTR gets a HS reservation, tries to grab a BG, and the rest of you go to the MK for the day - and have the single join up with you later!!

There's another chance at 1pm but you have to be in the park to try.
No you can scan into the park anytime before 1pm, leave and still try from outside the park.

Fwiw I got a boarding group (93, at 7:30am) today. (Low crowds.) Minutes later I changed our park reservation from HS to MK. Went to MK 9am. After 2pm hopped to HS, rode RoR.
I.e., changing out park ressie to MK didn‘t cancel our bg.

Fwiw I got a boarding group (93, at 7:30am) today. (Low crowds.) Minutes later I changed our park reservation from HS to MK. Went to MK 9am. After 2pm hopped to HS, rode RoR.
I.e., changing out park ressie to MK didn‘t cancel our bg.

did it tell you what time to be at the ride?
This would be ideal for us.

did it tell you what time to be at the ride?
This would be ideal for us.
it said 360 minutes, (it was 7:30am) then one hour to ride once you return. (I’m too lazy to check but iirc our bg called around 3pm.)
But the return time they give you when u join the virtual queu at 7am+ is just a guesstimate - they message you again with actual time. E.g. when i got bg 1 earlier this week, the estimated return time was 120 minutes iirc. But the ride didn’t start functioning until after 11am (my bg 1 wasn’t called until after 11.) Or if there’s a bad thunderstorm and people don’t show up, your bg could be called before 1pm.

Not sure how you would know when to join the queu: if u can’t enter HS before 2pm, bc hopping from MK, I guess you could tap join and then delete your bg (can that be done? idk), then repeat until you get a high bg? But if the ride goes down for hours, your bg might not get called at all.

I don’t know how strict they are about arriving late - if your bg was called before 1pm, but u arrived at 2pm - guessing the answer is in that long thread.
Good luck!

Hi - I was curious, so tried for bg at 7:02, got bg 95, estimated return was again 360 minutes (with many warnings that it could be earlier or later.) Then I changed our park ressies back to MK. Bg still intact. Doubt we will get to HS today to ride but wanted to give you that additional data point. Hth!
ETA our BG 95 was called at 3:56pm today.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter