Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

We went once on Thursday and once on Saturday. Each had significant technical difficulties. Thursday's ride (boarding group 25, arrived at 545am , called around 11am) was delayed about 10 minutes as we switched boarding areas once and the First Order officers seemed a bit confused on the loading process. Then it took about 10 minutes to get our ride vehicle's door to lock properly. Saturday's ride (boarding group 82, arrived at 8am, called around 615pm) had delays while we were in line before the uniform room. It lasted about an hour but in a nice public relations move, they were very graciously handing out free bananas/apple slices/snacks/water to appease the crowd. Rey and Chewbacca also mingled a bit with the crowd. Once on the ride, it flowed much quicker than the ride on Thursday. For the transport boarding, I believe it was 2 or 3 officers who boarded on Thursday and they were very convincing. There was only one officer on Saturday and he was a bit underwhelming to say the least.

Overall it was a really ambitious and fun ride. They handed us the boarding group instructions as we entered on Thursday but I thought they really should have explained it in more detail prior to entering. I hope they can work out the kinks without dumbing it down because it's really a unique and thrilling experience.

Continuity was huge here—- not having any delay between pre shows, evacuation, boarding the transport vehicle, etc. makes the attraction experience unbelievable. From entering the queue to the final exit was about 40 mins. Unfortunately another person in my planning party has delays (30 mins in the star destroyer corridor to the interrogation room) and just deflated the experience. Really lucky that i was able to experience it as it was intended

I mentioned this in the main thread yesterday, but the one thing that made the experience so great for me yesterday was the seamless transitions. Not sure if I timed it right, but I had no wait for anything. Just kept walking into one preshow, into the next, into the next then on the vehicle at the end. I understand it'll happen due to the amount of people, but waiting in any queue line after the first preshow I feel brings the experience down as it's designed

It's why I'm hoping they don't get rid of the VQ. I feel it helps a lot with that.

My jaw absolutely dropped when you get into the AT-AT room. I'm glad there were no children on the ride with me because when that door opened I actually yelled out "Holy *bleep*"

When we got to the Star Destroyer room, they let us wander and gawk for a good 5 minutes taking photos, but the CM's (totally in character) were great about keeping everyone moving.

Got to ride it twice this past weekend. I noticed the second time that the first animatronic (drone droid?) you encounter in the main ride did not come out. I hope that was just a temporary glitch.

Coming from being a life long fan, really couldn’t be happier.
I think my self and two other guys in my group last night literally jumped up and down and shouted out loud when we entered the transport ship and then it opened to the destroyer bay...it’s just so huge and feels like you are part of it.
Interrogation probe droid made me smile as a fan and the ATAT room was jaw dropping.
with soo much to follow and see while on the ride part I would love the chance to ride again.
13 hrs in the park with A 7 and 4 yr old was still totally worthwhile!
My wife who is not a fan, thinks it’s cool, but not out of this world (haha)
So it comes down to what you want out of this ride. It took both us about 50 min to get through it, but as a life long fan it was perfectly great listening and talking SW with others. If it’s not your thing or don’t know the movies, esp the new trio logo then it might be underwhelming....but I think the concept is great, and when they do something that fits your fav movie or show then it’ll be something people rave about, just like SW fans are

I mentioned this in the main thread yesterday, but the one thing that made the experience so great for me yesterday was the seamless transitions. Not sure if I timed it right, but I had no wait for anything. Just kept walking into one preshow, into the next, into the next then on the vehicle at the end. I understand it'll happen due to the amount of people, but waiting in any queue line after the first preshow I feel brings the experience down as it's designed

It's why I'm hoping they don't get rid of the VQ. I feel it helps a lot with that.

My jaw absolutely dropped when you get into the AT-AT room. I'm glad there were no children on the ride with me because when that door opened I actually yelled out "Holy *bleep*"
I wish the AT AT walkers actually moved and maybe fired, but it was surprising to see them.

Last edited:
When we got to the Star Destroyer room, they let us wander and gawk for a good 5 minutes taking photos, but the CM's (totally in character) were great about keeping everyone moving.
we took a few selfies but felt rushed into the next room.

Did anyone feel that Kylo's saber was too far off to his side when he approaches? Sort of nit picky, but I can't help thinking that the saber looks disjointed every time.

I wish the AT AT walkers actually moved and maybe fired, but it was surprising to see them.

The AT-ATs shouldn't move. They were in a storage hangar on the ship. And they DID fire. Right at us LOL! But unless you were on the transport that went up the elevator directly in front of the first AT AT you may not have experienced that. We rode 3 times and were never in the transport that went up the side of the second ATAT.

we took a few selfies but felt rushed into the next room.

They were generous with us (it was only day 2 of operations). They need to clear the room quickly to make way for the next group coming in. I'm pretty sure they only let us hang so long because the ride paused.

Did anyone feel that Kylo's saber was too far off to his side when he approaches? Sort of nit picky, but I can't help thinking that the saber looks disjointed every time.

No idea what you are talking about. Looked great to me.

The AT-ATs shouldn't move. They were in a storage hangar on the ship. And they DID fire. Right at us LOL! But unless you were on the transport that went up the elevator directly in front of the first AT AT you may not have experienced that. We rode 3 times and were never in the transport that went up the side of the second ATAT.

They were generous with us (it was only day 2 of operations). They need to clear the room quickly to make way for the next group coming in. I'm pretty sure they only let us hang so long because the ride paused.

No idea what you are talking about. Looked great to me.
Ah we were on the one that also went up the elevator but still didn’t fire... I was expecting it to slowly turn its head and shoot at us! I wonder if they turned it off cuz it was tripping the system?

Ah we were on the one that also went up the elevator but still didn’t fire... I was expecting it to slowly turn its head and shoot at us! I wonder if they turned it off cuz it was tripping the system?

In the AT AT room there are two paths that the cars can take. One car goes up the elevator shaft directly in front of the lead AT AT, at which point the pilots of the AT AT see you and turn the AT AT's guns on you and begin firing as you race away down the hall.

The other car goes into an elevator shaft on the side of the room next to the second AT AT and gets fired upon by some stormtroopers. Both cars see different versions of Finn crouching near the elevator shaft and he yells stuff at you.

We only had the AT AT firing part on all 3 of our rides.

It definitely sounds like the AT-AT cannons make the appropriate sound effect vs. blasters for the two different paths.

having experienced the ride a few times i can say at face value this ride is impressive however the various elements of the ride are nothing groundbreaking really and have been utilised at other disney rides. rides such as pooh’s hunny hunt, mystic manor and PotC sunken treasure are far much more superb
Enjoy the pooh ride....

In the AT AT room there are two paths that the cars can take. One car goes up the elevator shaft directly in front of the lead AT AT, at which point the pilots of the AT AT see you and turn the AT AT's guns on you and begin firing as you race away down the hall.

The other car goes into an elevator shaft on the side of the room next to the second AT AT and gets fired upon by some stormtroopers. Both cars see different versions of Finn crouching near the elevator shaft and he yells stuff at you.

Bummer. That definitely must have been malfunctioning for us as we were on the elevator and could almost look right in the cockpit... just gives me another reason to go back! Thanks for posting that, because I was thinking that was a big missed opportunity to not have them shoot at you

Bummer. That definitely must have been malfunctioning for us as we were on the elevator and could almost look right in the cockpit... just gives me another reason to go back! Thanks for posting that, because I was thinking that was a big missed opportunity to not have them shoot at you

I've seen POV video from vloggers with various elements not working. One I saw did not have a functioning probe droid descend from the turbo lift. I wonder how many things have to fail for the ride to go offline?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter