Rise questions- does it ever get "full"?

jeni1072

Mouseketeer
Ya'll please don't hate me, I have searched for hours for help/answers on this and have come up short.

Its our first time and I just need opinion/views on something.

I do not want to have to buy any extras. We are not rope dropping. Trying to take it somewhat easy. We have DAS.

On HS day, I know we cannot select our DAS passes until we hit the park. If we go rolling in around 10 or so, is it a possibility that all DAS would be gone for the day for Rise? Or that they would cut off the standby line after a certain time? Or that we just might get the screw, if we are not willing to be there at 8:30am? It will be our last day and I know that early hit is not something we will be ready for or maybe even capable of 😅 HOWEVER, if I know there is a high chance we won't get to ride I will have to force myself to wake early and $$ though I REALLY do not want to have to pay.

*I'm not concerned with wait time, I'm concerned with the possibility of not actually getting on (if that makes sense)*

Please just give it to me straight since I'm having such a hard time comprehending all this ILL Genie DAS standby and the individual rules for each one. We are Universal folks, and its just so simple there and I'm not used to all this 😇

DAS times are assigned based on Standby Time. The closer you get to the end of the day there will be a chance you won't be able to get one since SB wait time is past park closing. It just won't show up on the app as an option. We like to close the parks and have seen the top rides slowly disappear as an option.

But most the day you will have no issues.

You'll get on unless the ride is down or you try to request a return time too close to park closing and they shut off the line. Simply, DAS return times are SB minus 10 minutes. So, if you try to request a return time 30 minutes till park closing but the wait time is 80 minutes, you likely won't be able to book it. If you book it as soon as you enter the park at 10AM and the SB wait time is 120 minutes, your return time will be for 110 minutes later. DAS return times do not "run out" like G+ or ILL, for rise or any ride, and the only limiting factor aside from park hours is the SB wait time (and, well, the ride being operational).

My personal hot tip is to book a return time in advance of heading into galaxy's edge for lunch, doing some bounty hunting, maybe ride millennium falcon via G+ if I was smart enough to get it in advance, and then ride rise before moving onto another part of DHS.

You can only have one DAS return at a time… you need to use it before you can book another. For something like Rise where return times can be 90+ minutes, I usually get a DAS return time in the middle of the day so I can sit, rest and eat while I wait. Typically I will book attractions with shorter return times earlier or later in the day.

As was pointed out, unless the ride is down or park is closing, DAS has no limits on return times distributed.

Ok so it looks like what I'm seeing is, we do NOT need to buy ILL or be there at opening to be able to secure a visit to Rise :) Let me know if I'm reading that wrong 😂

I'd definitely book your DAS first thing. We waited until our last day (leaving for airport at 5pm that day). Our DAS return time was 3:00 and sure enough, ride went down. We waited around, rode some other things, but it never came back up before we had to leave. My DH and boys were so disappointed as they've never been on it (mom and I have).

I'd definitely book your DAS first thing. We waited until our last day (leaving for airport at 5pm that day). Our DAS return time was 3:00 and sure enough, ride went down. We waited around, rode some other things, but it never came back up before we had to leave. My DH and boys were so disappointed as they've never been on it (mom and I have).
This is good advice. If you want to be sure to get on, don't leave it till later in your day. Book it early and do some other things with short waits until you can ride. We got zapped on our January trip trying to get on Splash our last day. The ride went down as we were in line then came back up but had absurd lines by the time we got over to it. So we thought we would come back later but it went down again for the rest of the night. So we lost our last shot before it closed for good.

Ok so it looks like what I'm seeing is, we do NOT need to buy ILL or be there at opening to be able to secure a visit to Rise :) Let me know if I'm reading that wrong 😂
The only one that is different, I believe, is Guardians at Epcot. You need to score an opening in the online virtual queue just like everyone else. Not a ride I would ever do so perhaps someone will chime in whether DAS can be used after you access the virtual queue. When Rise had a virtual queue, you could use DAS when your boarding group was called.

The only one that is different, I believe, is Guardians at Epcot. You need to score an opening in the online virtual queue just like everyone else. Not a ride I would ever do so perhaps someone will chime in whether DAS can be used after you access the virtual queue. When Rise had a virtual queue, you could use DAS when your boarding group was called.
You can use DAS on Guardians when your boarding group opens. Just go up to the LL entrance and tell them you have DAS.

That is correct for any attraction with Virtual Queue/Boarding Groups.
Virtual Queue is separate from DAS and doesn’t count as an active DAS Return Time.

ALL guests need to get a spot in the Virtual Queue the same way. Once you are in the Virtual Queue, you are assigned a Boarding Group with an approximate time that your Boarding Group is expected to be called. Be aware the Boarding Group time might change - if things are going well and there are no shutdowns, your time may change to an earlier time. Your time may be later or never called if there are shutdowns or they don’t get thru as many boarding groups through as expected. Guests are notified of changes through the My Disney Experience app.

When your Boarding Group is called, see a CM near the Lightning Lane. They will verify Boarding Group and DAS and clear you to go thru the Lightning Lane

Right now Guardians of the Galaxy is using Virtual Queue - guests can also purchase Individual Lightning Lane.
TRON will use Virtual Queue when it opens to the public (it’s currently on preview). It’s not known if TRON will also offer Individual Lightning Lane when it opens.
It‘s also not known if Guardians will continue to use Virtual Queue once TRON opens.

This is good advice. If you want to be sure to get on, don't leave it till later in your day. Book it early and do some other things with short waits until you can ride. We got zapped on our January trip trying to get on Splash our last day. The ride went down as we were in line then came back up but had absurd lines by the time we got over to it. So we thought we would come back later but it went down again for the rest of the night. So we lost our last shot before it closed for good.
We will be hitting the button as soon as we get to the park for sure, my concern was that if we didn't get to the park until say 10am, would we be screwed?

We will be hitting the button as soon as we get to the park for sure, my concern was that if we didn't get to the park until say 10am, would we be screwed?
The only way you wouldn't get on if you arrived at 10AM would be if the ride broke down and never re-opened or if the wait times were 9+ hours and the latter, to my knowledge, has never happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter