River Country

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
I read on another board that Disney has announced that River Country will remain closed for the rest of the year. Can anyone confirm this? I sent an e-mail to Disney but they only responed to check back when it's closer to our trip. Thanks! Diane

Yes - that is correct. River Country is closed for the rest of the year. The "official" announcement that CM's received doesn't give a reason. Maybe they're refurbishing it? It could use a good facelift!

I imagine it will just sit there to rot just like Discovery Island :mad: I am still furious about Discovery Island closing. It makes me almost sick to see Discovery Island sitting there empty when I ride the boat to the Magic Kingdom.

If they are actually going to refurbish it I hope that they are going to make it so the lake water section is converted into nice clean chemically treated water. I have heard that high levels of bacteria in the lake water is the reason they closed it. If that is Disney's true reason, as opposed to saving money, hopefully it will reopen next summer. But I personally don't hold much hope :(

I think they should at least open the pool for resort guests... from what I have read the FW pools are the least themed ones of all the resorts. I always liked the pool with its 2 slides and w 6 foot drop off the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter