• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

River Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked an in fact we ate at Bonfamille's back in 1991. Too many restaurants, too many years and old age is taking it's toll.:rotfl2: Three days ago I could officially apply for SS so I need to get that started.:goodvibes:lmao:

OT, but I often wear one of my Navy Retired hats and usually have several people "thank me for my service" and I say "my pleasure", "you are very welcome", or a simple "thank you", but always wanted to add "and thank you for paying for this Disney Vacation", but never had the nerve. :lmao:

Larry

I just looked an in fact we ate at Bonfamille's back in 1991. Too many restaurants, too many years and old age is taking it's toll.:rotfl2: Three days ago I could officially apply for SS so I need to get that started.:goodvibes:lmao:

OT, but I often wear one of my Navy Retired hats and usually have several people "thank me for my service" and I say "my pleasure", "you are very welcome", or a simple "thank you", but always wanted to add "and thank you for paying for this Disney Vacation", but never had the nerve. :lmao:

Larry

Oh wow, you bought back some fond memory's when you mentioned Bonfamille"s. We ate there on our very first trip to WDW in 1989, and it wasn't very long before they closed the place....sad,,:guilty::sad2:

Wow I remember being on the boats in the very early eighties, might have been 79 but hadn't really missed them on my adult visits of recent years.

I will have to do a little more investigating, but it looks like the Main Street Barber Shop is gone and they have enclosed the alcove between the Emporium and the clothing store.

Larry

lot of morphing and abandoning going on..

great list so far...

a few more:

-- The enchanted tiki room morphed into the "new management" version (the original, thankfully, is still at DL)

-- Journey into Imagination - both morphing and abandoning there...
the Journey into Imagination ride itself morphed at least 3 times - from the original with the old bearded guy and the boat and figment, to whatever that was in the middle without figment, to the version now that does have figment which is an improvement on the 2nd one, but not as good as the first..

-- also in the Journey into Imagination - the imageworks - they abandoned the great upstairs area - so much fun up there, especially the blue screen area ....my kids adored that...

-- Ice Station Cool morphed into Club Cool

there were some others i thought of, but they just slipped my mind again....
i'll be back :goodvibes

just thought of another one that i don't think has been mentioned yet:

-- in Mexico - the El Rio del Tiempo ride morphed into that thing with the 3 caballeros....

i'm sure there's more.....this is fun...

by the way, already mentioned - the wonders of life - we really should name the attractions inside, which were great.....especially Cranium Command - a very nice example of disney imagineering at it's best...entertaining and educational...

another one that i don't think has been mentioned yet:

-- Spaceship Earth - the ride and the exit hands-on area have morphed

another one..

-- the WedWay People Mover - the original narrated by Jack Wagner morphed into the version with the "Commuter Computer" narration (i loved that version of it), which morphed into the Tomorrowland Transit Authority with a new narration, which just changed again 2 months ago..
i rode the commuter computer version at least a thousand times with my kids - we were there when my son was 6 weeks old (in 1987), 6 months old, a year old etc etc...i rode on that thing over and over and over and over - the commuter computer version, while DH took DD on other rides.... TTA is still one of our favorite rides...

I will have to do a little more investigating, but it looks like the Main Street Barber Shop is gone and they have enclosed the alcove between the Emporium and the clothing store.

Larry

The barber shop was there just a couple of weeks ago, the oldest son of our close friends had his hair cut there just recently and they showed us the photos of the red hair gel hidden Mickey that they put on the back of his head.

Great addition to this thread, lots of re-imagineering going on at the World.

Larry

Not gone just moved to the front of the park near the firehouse.

Larry

They have converted that alcove to make more room for selling stuff. I liked it before when there were flowers and a pretty little area there. Much better than a room full of souveniers for sale. :sad1:

Yep, I believe back then the barber shop was tucked away into that alcove referred to as West Center Street. It mirrored the alcove across Main Street, so as to make up an "intersection" of the two streets along Main Street. It is too bad that they eliminated the western side of it to add more shops. The old movie theater was converted into shops...aren't there enough shops?

and how could i forget one of my favorites:
--The Diamond Horseshoe Review

and of course:
all the Pleasure Island clubs - my favorites being the adventurers club and the comedy club

Seems someone has beaten you guys to the punch in regards to Discovery Island.

;)

The link is work safe, but some of the other pages on the site do contain artistic nudity if that sort of thing offends anyone:

shaneperez.blogspot.com/2009/12/discovery-island.html

You'll have to cut and paste as my post count is not high enough to link this...

Finally got a chance to check out this link! Pretty dramatic way to got onto D.I.

I wonder if Shane Perez is a contractor for TCD? :confused3 Maybe he hired this guy to do some scouting in anticipation of his own invasion.

Hey can you see TCD dressed up like General McArthur landing on the island corn cobb pipe and all? :woohoo:

Finally got a chance to check out this link! Pretty dramatic way to got onto D.I.

I wonder if Shane Perez is a contractor for TCD? :confused3 Maybe he hired this guy to do some scouting in anticipation of his own invasion.

Hey can you see TCD dressed up like General McArthur landing on the island corn cobb pipe and all? :woohoo:

:lmao::thumbsup2

Its really not that hard to sneak into River Country. Most people just dont have the balls to do it lol.

I have a very vague memory of a penny arcade on Main Street from the early 80s....am I halucinating?

Its really not that hard to sneak into River Country. Most people just dont have the balls to do it lol.

You're exactly right. There are several ways to get into RC, but there are few who have the nerve and a the touch of slyness to do so. TCD does which why he is the King of investigative Fort Reports.
Now when I'm walking around the Fort taking pictures and checking things out, I can step one foot into a "closed" loop and 20 workers will be there in less than 5 seconds telling me to remove myself immediately. :rotfl2:
I've tried to get to the old RC swamp walk cause the fishing would be excellent, but have been chased on both occasions. Just don't have what it takes......:confused3. So, just have to leave to the pro, TCD, (Total, Complete Detective).

I have a very vague memory of a penny arcade on Main Street from the early 80s....am I halucinating?

Thats a fact. We LOVED that penny arcade , even my son enjoy'd it. it hasnt been gone too long. They opened it into Mickeys sportsman goods (or something like that), clothes and stuff, (a store anyways)
I reck'n Disney saw more $$ in merchandise than in pennies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter