Rivera or Boardwalk

We reached the transfer station at Caribbean Beach Resort, although we stopped a few times. (It was the middle of the afternoon on a beautiful sunny day.) At the transfer station, the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios stopped working just before we boarded! Cast Members were directing everyone back to Epcot to take a Friendship boat from there!!! We ended up Ubering from CBR, got to DHS in about 5 minutes.

This is the fourth time we have been stranded by the Skyliner, with some even worse stories to tell.

Ouch! We've been lucky enough to never have an outage more than 5 minutes. Sorry that happened to you.

Re: "Even worse stories to tell," please share the worst.

Ouch! We've been lucky enough to never have an outage more than 5 minutes. Sorry that happened to you.

Re: "Even worse stories to tell," please share the worst.
We were at Epcot with a forecast for a heavy thunderstorm later in the evening. We left early and made it to the Skyliner, only to have them there was reports of distant thunder so the Skyliner was being closed just as we arrived. They directed us back to the front of Epcot (long walk!!!) to get a bus.

We almost made it to the bus stop before heavy rains started.

A bus was arriving just as we got there and we thought we had gotten lucky. But this was in the early days of COVID and even though there was plenty of room on the bus, the young women before us got the last spot (4 seats). Of course, they could not seat us next to her (despite there being MANY empty seats on the bus) due to COVID protocols.

But we were first in line for the next bus and under cover so we thought it would not be too bad.

We ended up waiting almost 90 minutes (!!!) for the next bus. It was a driving rain and some around us were getting soaked. We watched dozens of busses drive by:

The line behind us kept growing and growing, with those at the end of the line left to stand in the rain:

When we finally got on the bus, the bus driver had left the roof hatch open and we ended up getting very wet on the way back to Riviera while sitting on the bus!

About 3 hours start to finish.

I currently have two reservations booked because I can't decide on which resort to stay at. I am booked at the Riveria through Disney to stay in a studio and a regular room with the Boardwalk. We've stayed at the Boardwalk many times and love it because of the proximity to Epcot and HS. I've always wanted to try the Riveria but I am afraid the transportation will be an issue. We are a family of 4 kids are 15 and 13. Advice is appreciated.

Not sure when your trip is but Boardwalk is about to embark on a huge renovation project, both in rooms and throughout hotel, and in dining spaces. Some of the hotel permits have a completion timeframe of July 28 2023. I would stick with Riviera and enjoy something new.

How long are you going? Have you considered a split stay? With older kids it wouldn’t be too painful. I think there are advantages and disadvantages to each resort, but this way you’d at least get to try Riviera.
We are there for 5 nights. I could do a split. I've done that before but my family seems to be on board with Riveria so I guess that's what we'll do!

Not sure when your trip is but Boardwalk is about to embark on a huge renovation project, both in rooms and throughout hotel, and in dining spaces. Some of the hotel permits have a completion timeframe of July 28 2023. I would stick with Riviera and enjoy something new.
We will be there at the end of June. Good info! Thank you!

Do you have an idea of when the work at BWI will begin?

Do you have an idea of when the work at BWI will begin?

I don't but there are already a handful of permits filed, and once filed their clock is ticking. There is usually a very small window between filing and starting so I would venture they are going to start what needs to happen first soon. It sounds like the big projects are in public spaces, but also guest room renovations.

The date I mentioned above is a big construction company so that is likely the heavy work that will be the next 18 mos. It was filed January 31 so my guess start will be soon. If they don't meet the deadline they have to refile the permit.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...d-dining-options-coming-to-disneys-boardwalk/

BWV is our favorite resort to stay at but since the Riviera is new I guess we would give that a chance to see what its like

I currently have two reservations booked because I can't decide on which resort to stay at. I am booked at the Riveria through Disney to stay in a studio and a regular room with the Boardwalk. We've stayed at the Boardwalk many times and love it because of the proximity to Epcot and HS. I've always wanted to try the Riveria but I am afraid the transportation will be an issue. We are a family of 4 kids are 15 and 13. Advice is appreciated.
We just got back from a 4-DVC resort stay that included Riviera. I’d say if you’ve always wanted to try it, do. You’ll probably like it. I had no desire to, but we got an insanely good deal and wanted to try the Skyliner, so we did. Loved the Skyliner, didn’t care for the resort, but I had a feeling I wouldn’t bcz the food options and style didn’t appeal to me, and that did become reality. It’s clean, neat and fresh. You’ll probably like it. The shop they have is really small though. Just keep that in mind if that matters to you. It does to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter