Rivera Price that would make you say hmmm

Ideally I’d like to buy a monorail resort but the price per point direct is so much higher than resale. I was thinking of buying 200 RIV to get the direct benefits and eventually add on a monorail resale.
Well if cost is an important concern, Bay Lake Tower is by far the most affordable of the three monorail resorts on a per night basis when accounting for buy in price, dues, and point chart. And buying 100 direct at $235 + 100 resale at $135 comes out to $185 per point, or about 9% more than 200 Riviera Direct per point with the current incentives, but BLT costs 10-30% fewer points per room night than Riviera, with lower MFs too.

Well if cost is an important concern, Bay Lake Tower is by far the most affordable of the three monorail resorts on a per night basis when accounting for buy in price, dues, and point chart. And buying 100 direct at $235 + 100 resale at $135 comes out to $185 per point, or about 9% more than 200 Riviera Direct per point with the current incentives, but BLT costs 10-30% fewer points per room night than Riviera, with lower MFs too.
yes, you’re right! it seems over time the lower dues and point chart would be a better/economical choice:)

yes, you’re right! do you think that over time the lower dues and price point may be a better/economical choice?
It’s impossible to know what Riviera dues will be in 10 years, but it seems like it probably will be. The drawback with BLT is if you’re into studios the ones there don’t have a ton of living space. The 1BRs and 2BRs are large though.

It’s impossible to know what Riviera dues will be in 10 years, but it seems like it probably will be. The drawback with BLT is if you’re into studios the ones there don’t have a ton of living space. The 1BRs and 2BRs are large though.
yes, it’s one of my family‘s favourite resorts! We love the one bedroom and I’d love to be able to stay in a two bedroom:)

MFs at Riviera will in all likelihood remain somewhat steady (or maybe even decrease slightly) over the next few years while the resorts that are currently in the $7+ range will be approaching the Riviera level over the same time frame. Unfortunately, MFs for aging resorts can only go up.

I'm not one who needs to own points at every DVC resort and since i can use my existing points to stay at Riviera, I don't think there is a realistic price that would make me change my mind. However, I do think it's one of the nicer DVC resorts and would have already purchased regardless of price and/or restrictions if I were in the market.

Riviera is also good 10 years longer than BLT also something to account for if your are on the younger side or plan on handing down to kids. 2060 vs 2070.

MFs at Riviera will in all likelihood remain somewhat steady (or maybe even decrease slightly) over the next few years while the resorts that are currently in the $7+ range will be approaching the Riviera level over the same time frame. Unfortunately, MFs for aging resorts can only go up.

I'm not one who needs to own points at every DVC resort and since i can use my existing points to stay at Riviera, I don't think there is a realistic price that would make me change my mind. However, I do think it's one of the nicer DVC resorts and would have already purchased regardless of price and/or restrictions if I were in the market.
I completely agree. Some don't realize with RIV its only .60 cents higher than AKV. If Riv stays flat for just 2 years, AKV, CCV, BRV, Etc could all be the same MF's at that point as RIV is.

We all hate the resale restrictions on Rivera, but is there a resale price point that would make you buy? Let's put a floor price at the cheapest prices currently available via resale at any DVC resort.
I think between the MF's point chart and resale restrictions, overall RR is not a great buy. We were initially interested, but between the three points listed, I am not even interested in resale there.

I completely agree. Some don't realize with RIV its only .60 cents higher than AKV. If Riv stays flat for just 2 years, AKV, CCV, BRV, Etc could all be the same MF's at that point as RIV is.
True, but the rooms at AKL cost less points and AKL has a zoo as part of the resort.

True, but the rooms at AKL cost less points and AKL has a zoo as part of the resort.
Very true but at 7 months AKV can be pretty easy to book so you could use your RIV points there. I've had no trouble booking AKV for studio rooms in our travel dates at 7 months.

Sorry would anyone mind letting me know what MFs mean? I'm new and unfamiliar with that lingo

the data seem to support this as well, RVA will continue to get cheaper relative to the average dues; caveat that past performance doesn't always predict future results ...
View attachment 511087
https://www.disboards.com/threads/annual-dues-deviation-from-average.3807594/

Most resorts are trending "downwards" though. The reason this is possible is because your chart has a flaw in that it is not constant across time. You can most readily notice this back when BWV joined and you see OKW completely tank. OKW did not get cheaper or more expensive its just that BWV was that much more expensive.

A good example is even if RIV follows VGF it will still be more expensive. As you can see everything decreasing similar to VGF (except BLT which is the exception).

Sorry would anyone mind letting me know what MFs mean? I'm new and unfamiliar with that lingo
maintenance fees

Its the most expensive part of your purchase as its the annual cost to every point that you purchase. Its why some reasons that may be more expensive upfront can actually be less expensive over time because of lower point per nights as well as lower maintenance fees per point.

I do not see RR MFs going down. I think MF's will also subsidize the gondolas. Remember, there is a gondola stop there- and RR is a DVC only resort -which gives them the right to put MF's towards it. Dangerous MF slope I fear.

Due to the high price points, MF, and resale restrictions discouraging buyers is there be a possibly that future incentives would be better than what is being offered now?

Due to the high price points, MF, and resale restrictions discouraging buyers is there be a possibly that future incentives would be better than what is being offered now?

Some are thinking that better incentives could come back out. One way to track the likelihood would be to see the sales data. I know the RIV poster does an update from time to time. They were tracking to like 10k points for all this money which is way lower than normal.

We likely will start hearing rumors second half of next month.

DVC sales says they are "doing great" but that be correct but its because most of the guides still are not working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter