Riveria Preferred Studio or Beach Club standard room?

Mynamewastaken

DIS Veteran
I just did another price check, and I am torn on whether to switch our reservation or keep it as is. We are booked right now in a preferred studio (4 of us-2 teens and parents) at the Riveria, or for 70.00 less; we could stay at the Beach Club in a Garden View room. Which would you choose? We've never stayed at either resort. Thanks!

I would stay at the Beach Club. The BC room has two queen beds and most of the rooms have a sofa bed, giving you three sleeping surfaces. Your teens could each have their own bed. The Riviera has one queen bed and a Murphy bed, which the teens would share.

You can walk to Epcot and DHS from the Beach Club while you have to take the Skyliner to get to those parks. :)
The Riviera studios all have 1 queen bed, 1 queen Murphy and one pull-down bunk-size bed. The sofa bed at BC is not a guarantee unless you've booked as a party of 5. Plus the Riviera studios have a split bathroom while BC hotel rooms have a regular bath with rub/shower combo. Unless SAB is on your bucket list, I'd stick with RIV.

Last edited:
The Riviera studios all have 1 queen bed, 1 queen Murphy and one pull-down bunk-size bed. The sofa bed at BC is not a guarantee unless you've booked as a party of 5. Plus the Riviera studios have a split bargain while BC hotel rooms have a regular bath with rub/shower combo. Unless SAB is on your bucket list, I'd stick with RIV.
Thanks for the correction. I didn't realize they had the pull - down bunk. I'll edit my post. :)

It depends on what your priorities are. The RIV rooms are gorgeous and you are guaranteed 3 sleeping surfaces plus the split bath and a lovely pool area. Downsides, IMHO, dining choices are limited and, if the Skyliner goes down, your big transportation perk goes away. At BC, you get location, location, location, tons of dining options within walking distance and a great pool area. The only downside, IMHO, is you aren't guaranteed 3 sleeping surfaces and no split bath.

"Have to" or "get to"?

Skyliner to DHS is faster and much more pleasant than walking IMO.
I meant that Riviera guests have to take the Skyliner for those two parks.

I like taking the Skyliner to DHS from the Beach Club, though I'm not sure that it is faster than walking. But it is more fun. :)

I meant that Riviera guests have to take the Skyliner for those two parks.

I like taking the Skyliner to DHS from the Beach Club, though I'm not sure that it is faster than walking. But it is more fun. :)
Skyliner to DHS from Riviera is faster than walking to DHS from Beach Club.

I’d stay at the BC only because of the ease of walking to two parks. I didn’t realize how much I like having that option until we moved to the Poly. Boy did we miss walking back to the BC from Epcot in minutes. The Riviera rooms are gorgeous though, much nicer than the BC rooms, but location wins for me.

The Riviera rooms look much nicer, but the location and food options around all of Boardwalk/Epcot make Beach Club win out for us. And if you have park hoppers, the ease of Epcot is almost priceless.

We happen to find the walk to DHS very relaxing and peaceful, but also the boat ride to DHS is great too.

I'm really no help because while we are staying at Beach next trip, I also really want to try Riviera! Also I think the counter service at Riviera has some different/tasty sound menu items. We plan to take the Sklyiner there from Beach Club a few times to eat! :D

I just did another price check, and I am torn on whether to switch our reservation or keep it as is. We are booked right now in a preferred studio (4 of us-2 teens and parents) at the Riveria, or for 70.00 less; we could stay at the Beach Club in a Garden View room. Which would you choose? We've never stayed at either resort. Thanks!
100% Beach Club.

Skyliner to DHS from Riviera is faster than walking to DHS from Beach Club.
You also have to rely on it up and running with no issues for that to be true. If you're going over the rainier months it's down A LOT, so I definitely wouldn't count on that. On top of that there's no waiting in line. I also don't think it's that much faster if you consider you either have to walk to the main station at CBR, wait in line or make a transfer which then you're waiting in 2 lines.

You also have to rely on it up and running with no issues for that to be true. If you're going over the rainier months it's down A LOT, so I definitely wouldn't count on that. On top of that there's no waiting in line. I also don't think it's that much faster if you consider you either have to walk to the main station at CBR, wait in line or make a transfer which then you're waiting in 2 lines.
Agreed about the weather, but I've never experienced a line at any of the resort stations. The only time I've waited in any Skyliner line at all was Epcot at park closing and Caribbean Beach when I showed up super early in the morning and it hadn't started running yet.

Agreed about the weather, but I've never experienced a line at any of the resort stations. The only time I've waited in any Skyliner line at all was Epcot at park closing and Caribbean Beach when I showed up super early in the morning and it hadn't started running yet.
If middle of the day, then no I haven't either, but opening and closing definitely, so if OP were wanting to make rope drop for example, there most definitely would be a line at both stations. They wouldn't hhave to deal with that at BC if walking.

If middle of the day, then no I haven't either, but opening and closing definitely, so if OP were wanting to make rope drop for example, there most definitely would be a line at both stations. They wouldn't hhave to deal with that at BC if walking.
I'm not sure why you insist that my own personal experience didn't occur. I've rope dropped Hollywood Studios on the Skyliner many times and there was no wait beyond the time it took you to walk through the station, and this was back during peak COVID when they were only loading one party to a car.

Beach club would be my preference. Location is more my cup of tea, especially with a park hopper due to close
proximity to Epcot and many places to eat and drink at all the Epcot area resorts. I really like the lazy river section of SAB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter