Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout Thread - NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS

You can convert it online, but you will have to book the ROL Dining Package as a whole new reservation

Thanks for that information. I was hoping that if I already had a dining spot in the restaurant it might make it easier to convert it to a package. If I wait until packages are released for my dates, then perhaps there won't be availability in the restaurant at the time I want. But if I have to reserve a package as a new reservation, then i might as well wait and hope for packages. I'm not planning to eat at the restaurant without a package.

If I have a dinner reservation at Tiffin's, can it later be converted to a ROL package if the package becomes available on my date? I realize this would mean calling in rather than being able to do it online.

You can convert it online, but you will have to book the ROL Dining Package as a whole new reservation...hopefully you can get it around the same time as your current reservation. At that point, you will be prompted asking 'do you want to cancel the original reservation?" You say "yes" and it cancels the first reservation and books the dining package. Keep in mind that the dining package and a regular restaurant reservation are two different things. If you get the dining package, but not near the original time of the first reservation, you will need to cancel the original reservation yourself or you could be charged $10.00/ person if you don't show up for it. Good luck!

Agree with @DWillowBay.

Just to be 100% clear, having that existing regular ADR at the restaurant you want the package for DOES NOT confer any sort of advantage when booking the package. You're still out there "competing" on equal footing with everyone who doesn't already have a regular ADR there.

But it is really easy to just book the package online. Much more efficient than calling, IMO, unless there's a website issue.

Thanks for that information. I was hoping that if I already had a dining spot in the restaurant it might make it easier to convert it to a package. If I wait until packages are released for my dates, then perhaps there won't be availability in the restaurant at the time I want. But if I have to reserve a package as a new reservation, then i might as well wait and hope for packages. I'm not planning to eat at the restaurant without a package.

There's no point in booking a normal reservation if u really want a package and just creates an extra step to cancel the original reservation. I am not bothering as I am skipping TH if I don't get a ROL package.

I saw the package dates for ROL in September finally appeared on the website, but it tells you to call WDW-DINE in order to book them. So did I. Got told by a rude CM that "it's not available yet". She didn't check at all so I guess her bad mood was due to the number of times she got asked that. Hope it'll be working online soon

Grrr.OK. I went on the website and saw that July and August dates had filled in but then it kept saying nothing available. I thought I had missed the boat.
I've been checking since 6am and the last time I checked 5 minutes ago, it said to call wdw dining. Since previous post said the CM's have nothing available yet, I haven't tried calling.....

So glad I checked here- looks like Sept has partial weeks loaded (nothing on MWF - just the other days) but says nothing is available. Guess I'll just keep waiting!

So glad I checked here- looks like Sept has partial weeks loaded (nothing on MWF - just the other days) but says nothing is available. Guess I'll just keep waiting!

My mom was just able to call and book us a 4:00 Tusker House package for 9/21 for the 7:45 showing. I couldn't do this online, however.

River of light dinning packages are now up I got Sept. 24 11:15 lunch for first show.

By phone? The web is not showing me any availability.
It's not showing up for the Aug dates I am looking at, but I did check the date PPO said they could book and 9/21 does have times available. So I guess some are ready and some are not. UGH!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter