Rivers of Light....

Can't you get a dining package with your TH reservation? It's the same price, and we liked arriving to the theatre only 15 minutes before the show.
I can’t. I had one at 10:35 but was able to move my fop FP up to 10:50. So I have an 8am th adr now but wasn’t able to get it with a ROL package.

Common. F! is often held after HS closes.
The later show is always the easier to get in. Be it RoL or F!
I think we will be too tired for the later show. We have dah the night before and an early breakfast the next day (our ak day).

I can’t. I had one at 10:35 but was able to move my fop FP up to 10:50. So I have an 8am th adr now but wasn’t able to get it with a ROL package.
That's too bad. But keep trying, a new package may show up. I changed mine several times before finding the perfect time for us. :)

It's a one and done for me. Neat, but I would rather see the evening shows at any other Disney park. Or get to bed early for rope drop the next day. We're visiting all four parks in March, but seeing only the MK and Epcot evening shows.

I have seen Rivers of Light twice now - once when it first opened and again a few weeks ago. I would say that it is the most abstract/artsy of all of the nighttime shows - so for people who don't like that sort of thing I could see why they wouldn't like it. I think it is a really moving show and bought the soundtrack a few weeks ago because I love the music in it. A few posts back someone listed out the story line, which I also think is great and connects with what Animal Kingdom is as a park (conservation, connection to nature, we all affect each other with the choices we make, etc.). Think about it...it really is amazing that we are the only (known) planet where water and light come together to create life. The show elements mixed in with the musical choices really are great...I get the chills during parts of it. I also noticed things this time that I didn't last time. For example, at one point the actors on the boats are creating the shadows that are projected on the sails and beyond using animal shapes in front of the lights on the boats. Well...at least it looks like they are creating them, if not, they've done a great job making it look like they are.

Having said all of that, I do think the quality of the projections is probably affected by where you are sitting (people toward the center vs. on the sides I think have a better view of the big central water projections) and how windy it is may affect how clear the projections are on the water.

Because it is pretty subjective, I think it's best to see it once to see if you like it.

I really enjoyed watching it in person.

As we were waiting you could slowly see the trees in the distance start to come to life. There were green fireflies flitting around, you could hear animal noises and occasionally see an animal shadow pass by the trees.

Then the actors started walking around the stands, then the show proper began.

I loved the whole thing and was never bored.

But different people like different things. I was never impressed at all with Wishes and lots of people here loved it.

I think the best advice is that you need to experience everything at least once to judge for yourself.

Have you tried on the phone? I've been told sometimes they can make it work... Good luck!
I actually called and asked if they could switch my 8:30 am ADR to a ROL package and she said no. I asked if there was anything available and she also said no. The only other option for me is to do lunch with a ROL package, but after asking most people told me to do the 8:30 am.

I actually called and asked if they could switch my 8:30 am ADR to a ROL package and she said no. I asked if there was anything available and she also said no. The only other option for me is to do lunch with a ROL package, but after asking most people told me to do the 8:30 am.

I'd definitely do the lunch ADR with the dining package. If you do the 8:30am ADR you'll either be missing out on prime park hours or you'll be quite a bit behind the rope drop crowd

I'd definitely do the lunch ADR with the dining package. If you do the 8:30am ADR you'll either be missing out on prime park hours or you'll be quite a bit behind the rope drop crowd
I was told we could get in as early as 8 am and should be done by 9 am. Is that not accurate?

I was told we could get in as early as 8 am and should be done by 9 am. Is that not accurate?

You might be able to get seated at 8 and you could possibly get out by 9 but it would be rushed.

If you're goal is rides and get a jump on the crowd then I'd just do rope drop. If you want the experience of eating breakfast in the park then keep the ADR. If you're wanting to hit Pandora early, an ADR at AK will be a disadvantage

You might be able to get seated at 8 and you could possibly get out by 9 but it would be rushed.

If you're goal is rides and get a jump on the crowd then I'd just do rope drop. If you want the experience of eating breakfast in the park then keep the ADR. If you're wanting to hit Pandora early, an ADR at AK will be a disadvantage
I have a FP for FOP at 10:50 and another FP for Kali at 1:05. The ROL package times I could do for lunch are 11:20, 11:25, 11:50, 12:00, 12:25. There's lots of availability for lunch. I have a 10:35 still because I wanted to do breakfast and lunch, but I haven't been able to move my fop FP later. Do you have any suggestions?

I have a FP for FOP at 10:50 and another FP for Kali at 1:05. The ROL package times I could do for lunch are 11:20, 11:25, 11:50, 12:00, 12:25. There's lots of availability for lunch. I have a 10:35 still because I wanted to do breakfast and lunch, but I haven't been able to move my fop FP later. Do you have any suggestions?

With those time, I would rope drop the park and ride FoP standby, then head to the safari or another ride you'd want to do, breakfast/lunch at 10:35, then head to your FoP FP. You have until 12:05 to use the FP.

Many recommend 90 min for an ADR. Idk how big your party is but when my wife and I eat it's usually not longer than 60 min. I'd show up for the 10:35 ADR around 10:15/10:20, hope to be seated a little early, then be leaving there at about 11:30/11:45. By the time you leave the back trail from near Lion King to Pandora should be open so it's just a short walk from Tusker House.

The system will let you in without a CM override up to 15 min past your FP window. Anything after that it's up to their discretion. I think you could be in and out of Tusker house in around an hour. This would allow you to get 2 rides on FoP that day with minimal wait

With those time, I would rope drop the park and ride FoP standby, then head to the safari or another ride you'd want to do, breakfast/lunch at 10:35, then head to your FoP FP. You have until 12:05 to use the FP.

Many recommend 90 min for an ADR. Idk how big your party is but when my wife and I eat it's usually not longer than 60 min. I'd show up for the 10:35 ADR around 10:15/10:20, hope to be seated a little early, then be leaving there at about 11:30/11:45. By the time you leave the back trail from near Lion King to Pandora should be open so it's just a short walk from Tusker House.

The system will let you in without a CM override up to 15 min past your FP window. Anything after that it's up to their discretion. I think you could be in and out of Tusker house in around an hour. This would allow you to get 2 rides on FoP that day with minimal wait
We definitely won't be doing fop at RD. I am fine riding it once with the FP. If we do end up wanting to ride it again we will do it at close.

Are you sure we would be able to eat in time? I had a lot of people telling me there was no way we would make our FP in time. I would really hate to have that happen since I want to ride fop. There will be 4 of us. I would love to eat at the 10:35 time, but I really don't want to risk missing our fp.

We definitely won't be doing fop at RD. I am fine riding it once with the FP. If we do end up wanting to ride it again we will do it at close.

Are you sure we would be able to eat in time? I had a lot of people telling me there was no way we would make our FP in time. I would really hate to have that happen since I want to ride fop. There will be 4 of us. I would love to eat at the 10:35 time, but I really don't want to risk missing our fp.

Unless you guys take your time and eat really slow, then I don't see why you'd miss it. You don't have to hurry and rush though. Just show up a little early and try to get seated early. You'd basically have 90 min if you're seated right at 10:35 to make your FP. If you can get seated at 10:15 then that would be even better. But even at a casual pace I don't see why you couldn't be done by 11:45

I personally think it’s tighter than I would like but probably doable. I would keep trying to move my ADR a little earlier or FP a little later. If you keep the times you have definitely ask for your check as soon as you finish ordering drinks so you’re free to leave when you need to. Also be prepared to miss one or more of the characters.

I personally think it’s tighter than I would like but probably doable. I would keep trying to move my ADR a little earlier or FP a little later. If you keep the times you have definitely ask for your check as soon as you finish ordering drinks so you’re free to leave when you need to. Also be prepared to miss one or more of the characters.
I don’t think I’ll do it. There’s a 9:45 ROL package. My hope with the 10:35 was to have breakfast and lunch but 9:45 is still an option. I just thought the 8:30 would be better. What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter