Riverside or French Quarter?

Realgrumpy

DIS Veteran
I am already booked at French Quarter. I got a pin code and for 600.00 more I can book a Royal Room at Riverside. Is it worth it? Royal Rooms seem so out of the way and Riveside is so spread out. But those rooms are so pretty!

I like POR better than POFQ, but I would not spend another $600 for a Royal Room. Unless the majority of your trip is spent in the room, I can't see how its worth it. That said, the Royal Rooms are not really out of the way IMO. They are just across a bridge from the walking path to POFQ, the food court, and the boat launch. There's also a quiet pool between the two buildings and a bus stop out back. It is a longer walk to the main pool area, but that's about it. Still not worth the upgrade cost though, IMO.

You’ll get so many different opinions! I like pool better at Riverside! Plus the fact that they have quiet pools too if you want to get away from the loud afternoon pool party lol.
The Royal rooms in Oak Manor are pretty centrally located. We had a garden view room facing the courtyard fountain, it was right by the foot bridge so an easy walk over to main buildings, also not far from main pool, and next to quiet pool.
The Royal Rooms are super cute, but rooms in FQ are brand new! Just refurbed. I’m not sure if all FQ is finished yet, you can go on FQ thread to find out.
I like both resorts, but Riverside just a bit more. Love that all the mansions are along the river. So nice coming out of building and river is right there. Most of FQ buildings are set back from the river and you never see it unless you purposely go there. I won’t pay for River View! When we stayed at FQ we had a room in building 4 right next to main building and bus stop.

You’ll get so many different opinions! I like pool better at Riverside! Plus the fact that they have quiet pools too if you want to get away from the loud afternoon pool party lol.
The Royal rooms in Oak Manor are pretty centrally located. We had a garden view room facing the courtyard fountain, it was right by the foot bridge so an easy walk over to main buildings, also not far from main pool, and next to quiet pool.
The Royal Rooms are super cute, but rooms in FQ are brand new! Just refurbed. I’m not sure if all FQ is finished yet, you can go on FQ thread to find out.
I like both resorts, but Riverside just a bit more. Love that all the mansions are along the river. So nice coming out of building and river is right there. Most of FQ buildings are set back from the river and you never see it unless you purposely go there. I won’t pay for River View! When we stayed at FQ we had a room in building 4 right next to main building and bus stop.

We prefer the quiet pools too, but OP can use the quiet pools at POR while staying at POFQ. I don't think its worth $600 to be closer to the quiet pools.

Thank you everyone! Think we will stay at French Quarter!
Goog choice. We stayed last week in building 3. A 3 minute walk to boats, pool, and lobby. Food court was great (we only had breakfast) and Riverside is maybe a 10 minute walk. They also have an internal bus if you need it.

We are doing our first stay at POFQ next month and we chose it due to it's smaller size and theming. I wouldn't do POR for $600 more.

I think it's a good choice. POFQ small size was a big positive for me. We walked to POR for dinner one night, looked nice but could never see spending an extra 600 for a fiber optic headboard.

D2sLE6q.jpg

POFQ

I’m yet again trying to make this decision. Now going solo on January rather than May with my bf. I’d settled on Riverside previously, but I have FQ booked for January.

It’s $50 more to stay at Riverside. Thinking about switching. How difficult is it to walk between the two?

It’s $50 more to stay at Riverside. Thinking about switching. How difficult is it to walk between the two?

This is the position that we're in. It's only $10 difference--so $60 more for POR our six night stay in March. We opted to stay in Riverside because we like the quiet pools, the main pool just a little better, and the food areas (restaurants). Although I know we could use the quiet pools if we stayed at FQ, I know my family and we probably never would.

It's an easy, well-marked walk--takes about 10 minutes. We did stroll down to FQ last time we were at POR and thought it was pretty. We considered using the FQ pool, but didn't feel like walking back the 10 minutes wet.

I’m yet again trying to make this decision. Now going solo on January rather than May with my bf. I’d settled on Riverside previously, but I have FQ booked for January.

If quiet pools, more choices at the food court, and a table service restaurant are important to you it’s worth the 50 dollars extra.

For me personally, if I were going to WDW solo, I would choose French Quarter. It is a smaller resort with only 1 bus stop. I would also request a building close to the food court and bus stop. It is a short, lovely walk along the river to Riverside from French Quarter.

For me personally, if I were going to WDW solo, I would choose French Quarter. It is a smaller resort with only 1 bus stop. I would also request a building close to the food court and bus stop. It is a short, lovely walk along the river to Riverside from French Quarter.

I appreciate everyone’s responses! I think I’m going to keep FQ. I don’t mind a short walk over to check out Riverside.

We prefer POR over POFQ, especially the pool. However, agree with the other posters, not for $600 more.
Same here. I prefer POR. Plus i agree with a pp that the quiet pools are a huge bonus. Although for $600 more?? I dont think I would bother to be honest. I'd keep POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter