Riviera Available on WDW Site

Did you mean Ohana? :)
But neither Ohana or Cape May are Signature dinning (2 TS) in the evening. And the BC is attached to the YC which has the Signature Yachtsman restaurant.
I can't think of a restaurant that is character for Breakfast and Signature at night - maybe Cinderella's Castle which has the Princesses for all meals?
Crazy phone autocorrects. :lol

I understand it’s not an exact comparison.
Personally I think it’s a good decision, better to have a breakfast character meal than let prime real estate sit empty.
(But it may have been better to have a 2nd character TS)

Insiders, who post regularly in other forums, have indicated that Reflections will follow the same modestly themed, modern design which has been adopted for Disney's Riviera Resort and the Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs. It seems that the Michael Eisner days of immersive resorts are gone.

That's sad. I love the highly themed resorts at Disney. The whole point for me going to WDW is to escape to a fantasy bubble.

There are many things I like about what I've seen so far. Even though it's not 2 full bathrooms, the dual places to shower are really nice. My kids who always get the fold-outs are thrilled with the idea of the Murphy beds. I'm not a huge fan of the galley-style kitchen though. But I like it enought to want to stay there at least once. I was hoping it would open earlier in the year so we could try it.

All this talk about lack of theming makes me wonder what the new Star Wars hotels are going to be like. I haven't been following those as closely but aren't they supposed to be super immersive?

It's not the activity of walking in and of itself that gets people jazzed up, but more the time expended to get to the parks. Wait for a bus, wait for a boat, etc... With the gondolas, wait times should be minimal because they're pretty much continuously moving and the transportation times to the parks might actually beat walking in some cases, especially walking to DHS. I expect if transportation times are approximately the same, most folks will find "flying" a better alternative than walking.

Ever been skiing? They use gondalas and there are lines. Granted Disney’s Skyliner will hold more per gondola, but there will be a lot more people using this. I hope the lines will move fast, but only time will tell.

The week of Dec 21-27 Seems really high to me. Bet the points match

Room prices seem to be somewhat less in comparison to VGF and Poly but somewhat more than BLT lake view and definitely higher than the remaining DVC resorts, possibly indicating a point structure somewhat higher than BLT but somewhat lower than VGF. and, if so, real cost (combined price and points needed) will actually be more than VGF, because price per point will likely be significantly higher than what most of VGF sold for.

I think the Murphy beds will be kinda fun. But do we have to (un) make the bed every day to fold it back up? I haven't made my bed for 40 years, and don't think I want to start while on vacation

Ever been skiing? They use gondalas and there are lines. Granted Disney’s Skyliner will hold more per gondola, but there will be a lot more people using this. I hope the lines will move fast, but only time will tell.

Skyliner will hold ~8 people per gondola, with continuous loading and no stopping the line (gondolas can be pulled off the main line instead). With math pointing up to ~60 people per minute each way, or more than a bus of people, I don’t know if there’ll be much time for lines to form, even after fireworks.

Skyliner will hold ~8 people per gondola, with continuous loading and no stopping the line (gondolas can be pulled off the main line instead). With math pointing up to ~60 people per minute each way, or more than a bus of people, I don’t know if there’ll be much time for lines to form, even after fireworks.
I believe the gondolas are rated for 10 people, but with strollers and ECV’s the average will be lower. I can see huge lines at HS after the fireworks. They Skyliner will be only transpiration to go to several resorts. When we were at VGF we found out the boat ride back to VGF was by far the best option. Monorail lines were crazy long. Most of the time I would expect no lines, but first thing in the morning and at the end of the day, I think there will be lines. How long? We will find out when it opens.

Gondola resorts are Riviera, CBR, POP, and AoA. I suppose you could take it from DHS to Beach Club too, but I’m not sure what the take rate will be.

Anyway, I’ve waited for a Pop bus after fireworks for both DHS and Epcot. There’s probably 80-100 people in line at peak in the Pop line, and the AoA line right by it. Probably less in the CBR line. There’s absolutely a huge exodus of people after fireworks, but many are heading to their cars or buses & boats to other resorts. The Skyliner “line” itself will basically only be the small portion of those people at Skyliner resorts.

It’ll be interesting to see how reality pans out, but in theory they don’t have to move the entire crowd leaving each park. Not even close.

Is no one else concerned about the "Pod" and the actual location of the fridge in the cabinet? It has been my experience that those mini-fridges cycle on and off constantly and can make quite a bit of racket. No way do I want that 5 feet away from my head!

Is no one else concerned about the "Pod" and the actual location of the fridge in the cabinet? It has been my experience that those mini-fridges cycle on and off constantly and can make quite a bit of racket. No way do I want that 5 feet away from my head!

Not really because it's fairly unlikely we'd ever try to book one! I'd agree that could end up being fairly annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter