• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riviera Direct Price Per Point Pool

MB_01

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any info on when they are going to start selling points or how much they will cost? I'd hope with the resale restriction they would make it a bit cheaper but that seems silly when I say it out loud.

I'm putting my guess in at $191!

$188, or whatever's the same as CCV and Aulani at the time. If they want it to be more expensive, they'll devalue the points (make them worth a smaller percentage of ownership).

210 with early incentives of 5 to 10 off a point at the start. It should slot right in between CCV and the monorail resorts price wise. My guess is probably a little high, might be 200 to start with incentives.

$192. But I have this thought in the back of my mind with all the new changes that this will be the opportunity to have something similar to a 'stock-split.' So they may shock us and charge $98/pp, but have studios cost 30-35 points!

$192. But I have this thought in the back of my mind with all the new changes that this will be the opportunity to have something similar to a 'stock-split.' So they may shock us and charge $98/pp, but have studios cost 30-35 points!

That would not work at all. Those points can be traded out to other resorts, and then nobody would trade into Riviera.

That would not work at all. Those points can be traded out to other resorts, and then nobody would trade into Riviera.
They could do this and say that the legacy covert 1 point to 2 points in the new resorts. I actually feel this is something they could end up doing and is already laid out as a possibility of them doing in the current BVTC contract.

$185-189, with incentives for bigger contracts that bring PPP to $175 or thereabouts. Then they can say, why buy any DVC1 resale when for a few $ more, you can have access to all of those PLUS Riviera? (This is still my guess for how they plan to "kill" resale.)

They could do this and say that the legacy covert 1 point to 2 points in the new resorts. I actually feel this is something they could end up doing and is already laid out as a possibility of them doing in the current BVTC contract.

That would just be pointless, though. In introducing the exchange rate at a sales pitch, people would just have to do an extra step of math, and then they would be right back where they started off.
The only benefit of that would be to devalue DVC1 resorts, not to sell more Riviera rooms.

$192 and incentives to bring it to about $188.

Point chart should be like BWV/BCV but will probably be closer to BLT.

Interesting thought. Certainly makes sense to eliminate some of the sticker shock of around $200 per point and this is a reasonable way to accomplish that goal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter