Riviera Quick Service - just bad

DisFanDad

DIS Veteran
5 night stay here at The Riv, my god the quick service is bad. The pizzas have almost no flavor (actually that's the issue with almost all the food) the "Spicy Italian" sandwich is not at all spicy, cold, and again flavorless (try the spicy Italian at Gasparilla at GF for comparison), the Grilled chicken sandwich is ok for a few bites out of the whole sandwich, where you get a decent amount of the toppings, the rest is just "meh", the "Romano fries" are just fries they put a scoop of shredded Ramani cheese on the center of... It's all either just "meh" or downright bad.

I found the same with the Croque Monsieur there as well. It's not really a true croque, more or less Disney's light version of one. And in doing it that way, they lost the charm of this French Riviera (and beyond) classic.

Have you had breakfast there? Just wondering if that's any better. Last time I was at WDW, a CM was telling me that she likes to take the Skyliner over there to have the the blueberry-lemon pancakes at Primo Platto.

Have you had breakfast there? Just wondering if that's any better. Last time I was at WDW, a CM was telling me that she likes to take the Skyliner over there to have the the blueberry-lemon pancakes at Primo Platto.

We haven't, we do breakfast in the room generally. So it COULD be good, but, I have my doubts given lunch and dinner.

I haven't either, but there's a good chance breakfast is better. I find that at a few places that aren't so great for dinner/lunch, but can be better for breakfast.

5 night stay here at The Riv, my god the quick service is bad. The pizzas have almost no flavor (actually that's the issue with almost all the food) the "Spicy Italian" sandwich is not at all spicy, cold, and again flavorless (try the spicy Italian at Gasparilla at GF for comparison), the Grilled chicken sandwich is ok for a few bites out of the whole sandwich, where you get a decent amount of the toppings, the rest is just "meh", the "Romano fries" are just fries they put a scoop of shredded Ramani cheese on the center of... It's all either just "meh" or downright bad.
agree, very bland.
Although when I expressed this opinion on the board I was told I just didn't order the right things (lol). I don't understand the raves about Primo Piatto, the menu is very uninspired (like most of Disney's quick service places) and the taste is certainly nothing to write home about.

I haven't stayed at Riviera but we had a long Caribbean Beach trip recently and we walked over to eat at Riviera for some variety and thought it was just okay.

Like other DVC-only and DVC-heavy resorts, the QS almost feels like an afterthought because they assume that everyone will either be eating TS or cooking in their villas.

How close is Riviera to Caribbean beach food options? We're staying at Riviera for the first time. I'm not a picky eater, but my husband really is. He's also not adventurous when it comes to food. He likes Italian food or American pub type food. I'm starting to worry a little about the food options. I know we can go over to the BW, but if we just want to stay close is Caribbean beach an option?

How close is Riviera to Caribbean beach food options? We're staying at Riviera for the first time. I'm not a picky eater, but my husband really is. He's also not adventurous when it comes to food. He likes Italian food or American pub type food. I'm starting to worry a little about the food options. I know we can go over to the BW, but if we just want to stay close is Caribbean beach an option?

Your husband might really enjoy the Art of Animation food court Landscape of Flavors, which would be a quick 5-minute Skyliner hop away (of course you'd have to disembark at Caribbean Beach to get on the AoA Skyliner).

My family loves the variety there, and there are always Italian and burger options.

I have only had a sausage pizza, and it was pretty good.

I love Bar Riva though.

it's possible to walk to Caribbean Beach from Riviera, but I have not been to CB's food court and are not aware of whether it has traditional options.

We just ate there last week. While I wouldn't say it was the best food I ever had--for a QS location I thought the food was tasty and good. I would consider eating there again. There were more options there than what we had at the YC where we were staying in the Marketplace which is why we hopped the skyliner one night.

Just my opinion, but we've always loved Primo Piatto. The bread pudding and pancakes at breakfast are both some of our favorite QS breakfast options. Never had any of their sandwiches, but we always get their pepperoni and sausage pizza and it's never disappointed.

we just recently stayed and love Primo Piatto. The breakfast was really good, both the lemon blueberry pancakes, the primo piatto breakfast which has scrambled eggs and mascarpone polenta and even the mickey waffles which were much better than grand flordian. We also really enjoyed the pepperoni and sausage pizza, and had once late night before closing and another day for lunch while at pool.

Bar Riva is also pretty good and we ate lunch there the trip before last and always enjoy their drinks.

The lemon blueberry pancakes were so good I started chuckling to myself while I was eating them. Worth a trip over for sure.

The lemon blueberry pancakes were so good I started chuckling to myself while I was eating them. Worth a trip over for sure.
Thanks! That's exactly what I was wondering-if they're worth a trip over. I'm thinking of hopping on the Skyliner for a trip over for breakfast the next time I'm at BCV.

Oh that's sad, we stayed last year and loved it - but our experiences are skewed by being people with allergies, so our experience was they gave us better options than usual and made it all very well.

We feel like this is one of the best QS’s on property. We actually have gone here for breakfast when staying at swan/dolphin and have even left the parks (h.s and Epcot) to get lunch here as a nice break from the parks.

We also make the trip over for breakfast. Never tried the other meals, they didn’t look appealing to me.

I agree the breakfast is the best on property. I could eat those lemon blueberry pancakes every day. I've always gotten the croque monsieur for lunch and it was been delicious. It tasted exactly like the one I had in southern france when I went there in college.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter