Road Trip Playlist

ShadowCross

Mouseketeer
Morning everyone!
Me and my BF are headed to DL and DCA in a couple weeks. It's about 7 hours in the car for us. I'm committed to making cds of Disney tunes to keep us upbeat and in the mood. So my question is, what Disney songs do you think are must haves? I have a whole bunch, probably more than the trip needs. So lets hear what you guys think. Personally I lean towards cartoons but I have live action soundtracks too.

Every road trip, Disney or not, needs Phil Collins, On My Way, from Brother Bear. And then We Know the Way from the Moana sound track.

I would include all of the classic cartoon movie soundtracks. I second adding Phil Collins (love his tarzan songs). I’ve also made playlists with songs from tv shows and movies on Disney channel I used to watch (Hannah Montana, high school musical, etc.).

Thank you for the suggestions! I love Phil Collins, and the Rascal Flatts (?) Life is a Highway from Cars is awesome! I love the Moana soundtrack! Definitely getting that one on there, it's a great trip song!

We always listen to the Disneyland soundtrack CDs. They're a little out of date now (I got mine in 2015, so they still have original Soarin', Flying Tires, Tower of Terror, Screamin' music), but we still love them.

I bought the DLR ride/etc. soundtrack album a few years ago and we def like to listen to that on our drive over.

I use the Disney Hits playlist on Spotify almost every day (the kid loves it), and it would definitely fit the bill. The $11/month premium membership is worth it to me to not have to deal with ads.

I'd also go for some more upbeat selections from Princess and the Frog and Coco.

Basically anything worth singing along to.

We have the Legacy Collection of Disneyland CDs. It spans many decades of Disneyland music.

This time of year? Haunted Mansion Holiday and Halloween Screams surely have to be on the playlist!!!

The Hercules and Mulan soundtracks are lots of fun.

I'll venture to say if you need to break up the music listen to the DisUnplugged podcast for Disneyland. It's one of my favorite ways to get in that Disney frame of mind.

That is our tradition as well. We drive 8 hours so we have a set of CD's we listen to! Well, we start listening to them weeks before the trip too. :tongue: My favorite is the Walt Disney Records Legacy: Disneyland CD. Lots of great soundtrack songs that you hear in the parks! Enjoy your trip!

I like the Carthay and Club 33 versions of Disney classics. The Mele from Aunty's Beach house (Disney classics sung in Hawaiian) is a great one. Disney Jazz as well. Also, listening to the sound of my own voice on the DisUnplugged Podcast is pretty great too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter