Robinb's and Tricia1972's DDP Planning Spreadsheets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....I need some help with this form. I completed the excel sheet with the prices of the food we think we will order. At the bottom I get a negative number (-$363.74) next the DDP cost less OOP cost. Is this good or bad? Does this mean the dining plan isn't for us?

Thanks!

:woohoo: Thank you! Thank you! :worship: Perfect...:cool1: Can't wait to tell everyone else in our party. :banana: Great worksheet...I am a believer in the CASE method -Create and Sharing Everything. I appreciate your kindness and willingness to share...:goodvibes

First off, THANK YOU THANK YOU! I've been agonizing whether to do the DDP on this trip because we are getting there on the first day at 10:30pm. So I can't use credits that day. Using a signature dining to use 2 TS credits will help, but we might lose a CS. We did the DDP last trip and loved it. I just don't know what to do. :confused3
So I filled out Tricia's wonderful spreadsheet and I feel like a dummy too because I can't figure out what it's telling me. It's saying that I am -25% DDP cost less OOP cost. Does this mean if I do the DDP, I'll save $25 or lose $25?
I also had to fudge a few numbers since our Brown Derby Fantasmic package includes an appetizer so I had to buffer the appetizer cost into the entree cost or else it was telling me that was extra money I'd pay, which isn't true.
Thanks for you help everyone! :thumbsup2

I am glad that it was helpful to you! :goodvibes

It's the DDP cost, less your OOP costs. The negative number is your savings on the DDP. If the number is positive, then the DDP cost is greater than your OOP costs.

Okay I sort of thought that but wanted to be sure. Wow, I can't tell you how much a difference this makes because when I was doing "raw" numbers by hand, it seemed OOP was cheaper. BUT your sheet calculates the tax and gratuity too. Amazing how that skews the results!
I don't have every meal planned yet but from my rough estimate, it seems the DDP is the way to go even though we're going late. Last trip we used TS credits x2 twice due to Hoop Dee Doo and Brown Derby so it was perfect. I don't think we could have eaten everything otherwise. Then again, we did do a lot of buffets on that trip! LOL! :upsidedow
Now, the other dilema...saving up more money for the alcoholic drinks! I didn't put them in the spreadsheet b/c it would have really thrown everything off! :laughing:

Oh, the other reason this is so helpful is because we already have our tickets so we'd have to buy a one day base tix to get the meal plan, which is a crock IMO. :mad: SO it was really helpful to determine if it's worth it since we have to tag an extra $87 per person onto the tab. :headache:

I just wanted to bump this since I was looking for it and had to go a few pages back to find it. :)

If I have red stars at the bottom of DxDDP does that mean that this plan is not in my best interest?

If I have red stars at the bottom of DxDDP does that mean that this plan is not in my best interest?

I am not sure why the equation is giving you stars. I don't have anything programmed into the equations that you should get that result.

I didn't look at it yet, but red stars sometimes mean the column needs to made longer

thx for all the help and work!

Does the analysis sheet include gratuity? I see tax on the Credits sheet but not gratuity. Thanks!! Amazing!

I'm trying to decide btwn Deluxe and regular DDP

These are awesome!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do these spreadsheets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter