ROCK CANDY.....My Daddy used to make this every xmas.......

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
Cut Glass Hard Candy
3-3/4 cups granulated sugar
1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
1 cup water
1 teaspoon flavoring oil of your choice
1/2 teaspoon food coloring of your choice
Confectioners' sugar

Sprinkle a 12" x 24" piece of heavy aluminum foil with confectioners' sugar. Combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, and water in a large, heavy
saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Boil without stirring until mixture reaches 310° F on a candy thermometer, or drops form
hard, brittle threads in cold water. Remove from heat; add flavor and color. Pour onto prepared foil. Cool; break or cut into pieces and store in an
airtight container.

A fun project to make with this candy recipe is an edible ice-skating scene. Omit food coloring, and pour cooked candy mixture on a large, round
tray covered in sugar-sprinkled foil. As candy begins to harden, place "skaters" on the "ice"-gummy bears, animal-shaped graham crackers.
Make a pond-side "fire" by arranging pretzel sticks with cinnamon candies on top; you can use dabs of icing to make them stick together.
Sprinkle lots of confectioners' sugar around for snow. You and your kids can use your imaginations to make the scene as intricate or simple as
you wish!

I think my Grandmother use to make this but she always called it tac candy. After it was broken she would roll it in powder sugar or I guess it was on the tray. May have to give this a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter