"Rock It" Mountain

cam-89

Earning My Ears
http://miceage.com/allutz/al042605b.htm

Wow, I'm all for this idea. I've never been to Disneyland in California though, so I hope that they do this in Orlando as well. Space Mountain is my favorite attraction at the Magic Kingdom, and Van Halen is my favorite rock n' roll band. Put the two together and what do you have? Magic. :wizard:

I've been reading about this for awhile and I see absolutely no downside.

The original stays and a fun update/homage to a Southern California Rock icon is born as well. Win, win.
pirate:

As I recall, the only debate on this issue is when they'll roll it out. Either way, it'll make repeat rides that much more entertaining.

Potential downsides:

1. Guest confusion- Non Van Halen loving guest wants to ride regular Space Mountain but can't after X o'clock. Before we say it won't be that difficult for everyone to figure out, think about FastPass.

2. Will it makes sense as a cohesive attraction?

The problem I have with this isn't so much changing a ride at night. I think that is a great idea conceptually. The issue I have is the way this might change the feel and even target audience of the ride. (And yes, I am a Van Halen fan)

The plus is that its something they can turn on and off if it does cause any guest complaints, but even with that, I think Disney resources and creative energy could be put to better uses.

I think bringing back the Peoplemover (in some form) and moving the Rocket Jets are great ideas. (Those were also mentioned in the column)

Either way, it'll make repeat rides that much more entertaining.

That's a great goal, and I like the way its done with Indiana Jones (DL) and with ToT (WDW). Providing different experiences is a great idea. But again, this changes the target audience of the ride.

I LOVE Van Halen. Love them, but I agree with Matt. What exactly does Van Halen have to do with the Tomorrow that never was?

Unless it's some mythical Van Halen where Diamond Dave never left, or Gary Cherone was never born. :teeth:

YoHo said:
I LOVE Van Halen. Love them, but I agree with Matt. What exactly does Van Halen have to do with the Tomorrow that never was?

Unless it's some mythical Van Halen where Diamond Dave never left, or Gary Cheron was never born. :teeth:
Right Now has the word tomorrow in it. :rolleyes1

Red rocker or David? Oh who will it be? I demand answers! :Pinkbounc

What if it's Sammy Hagar singing a Dave tune?

:jumping1:

Right Now, Michael Eisner is thinking of new ways to take more of your money.

Right Now, Walt Disney's head is defrosting as steam come out his ears.

Right Now, a newly minted MBA is contemplating replacing Cinderella's Castle with a White Castle to generate more money and ingratiate himself to upper managment.

Right Now, stary-eyed fans on Disney Websites are worrying about the fate of the executives laid off from the Strategic planning group. (true)

Right Now, Somebody is making an excuse as to why Dinorama is pure Disney magic.

Right Now, Somebody has been waiting too long for a WDW bus.

Right Now, Somebody is buying a Disney Snowglobe.

Right Now, a Teamster in a Mickey suit is bringing joy to little girls and boys.

Right Now.

Well, if they're gonna start with this stuff, how 'bout adding RUSH at the Canada pavilion in Epcot playing "Take off" with the McKenzie brothers dancing around?

That would be sweet!

Unfortunatly, it would be the McKenzie brothers ala Brother Bear.

Take off to the great white north Take off it's a beauty way to go Take off.

And to be fair, that's just Geddy Lee.

Hey, it's neat-o & all, but c'mon one of your top 3 E-rides is down for the 50th anniversary?!
:rolleyes:

Good catch, YOHO .... I had totally dropped the ball on the Brother Bear connection. That's yet another reason for the addition :teeth:

And, yes, I know it was just Geddy, but I'm a huge fan of the band, so thought I'd plug for all the guys.

Well, I just hope that they bring this idea to Orlando! I mean, the thoughts of taking off in your rocket with 5150 blasting in the backround just sends shivers down my spine! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter