Rock 'n' Roller Coaster--Fact or Rumor?

Harmony

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has already been discussed but I did a quick search and didn't find any information regarding what I just heard.

A friend of a friend is visiting Disney at the moment and said that "there's a sign near RnRcoaster saying that it will close at the end of 2009 and in it's place there will be a Hannah Montana/Jonas Brother's attraction."

Could this possibly be true?

:scared:

The only thing I can see happening is that the Aerosmith theming may change to a Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers theme but I highly doubt that even.

Ouch! that would just be plain annoying and would take away the fun of RNR. Lets hope your friend is just pulling your leg.

I think I would barf if it became Hannah and the Jonas brothers... I don't think they have the longevity career wise for them to re theme the attraction. The Rockin Roller coaster wouldn't be very rockin :scared:

Their 10 year contract ends July 29.
That's the same thing I heard!! I believe it 100%!!
Disney owns the rights of Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers, thus probably won't have to pay them the royalties they pay Aerosmith (I don't know all of these details) but it would make the attraction more Disney-like...and many young girls will be thrilled. I love RRC, don't get me wrong, and I love Aerosmith, but we are coming into a new age. These young kids are into different things and Disney is all about keeping up to date and thinking of their audience. I bet the attraction will be an instant hit for teens/tweens and their parents. Older guests will be disappointed I would guess.

I think I would barf if it became Hannah and the Jonas brothers... I don't think they have the longevity career wise for them to re theme the attraction. The Rockin Roller coaster wouldn't be very rockin :scared:

I survived Sounds Dangerous...I can survive anything!!!

I'm sure they will rename the attraction and it will become one of those that gets updated to keep up with the newest fads of the decade...like some other attractions in Disney...

Well, there are dozens (if not hundreds) of DISsers at WDW now. I would think that someone would take a picture of that sign and post it if it was true.

I bet the attraction will be an instant hit for teens/tweens and their parents. Older guests will be disappointed I would guess.

Well considering that it’s the “older guests” who is paying the heck with Hanna Montana & the Jonas sisters!!!! Come on now that’s like saying Disney is going to close the Haunted Mansion and reopen a Dancing with the Stars House……..:scared1: :lmao:

Ew. Hopefully this is just a nasty rumor, as it's popped up a few times already. I haven't seen any official press releases from Disney. I don't think a little sign by the ride is how they would advertise/spin such a change.

What adult, and for that matter teen (aren't most teens "too cool" for whatever is "popular"?) will want to ride the Teeny Bop N Roller Coaster? I don't know much about Jonas Brothers, but I know you can't very well call Hannah Montana (or Mylie Cyrus) "rock and roll". Heck, I only rode the thing BECAUSE it was Aerosmith. I agree it's just too popular as is, and I just don't see this happening. If it ain't broke, there are too many other things that really need fixin' to be wasting time and money on this. :thumbsup2

And I agree with Cookie. If the sign was really there, outraged DISsers would have it plastered all over here already, complete with petitions to save RnR starring Aerosmith (which I would happily sign :goodvibes).

So if the contract ends July 29th... does that mean the ride could be closed for my august trip?

I would be almost POSITIVE they would announce such a huge closure WAY in advance, just as they did for Space Mountain. I also don't think they would have two headliners down at the same time, even if they are in different parks.

I just returned from WDW today. I was at HS yesterday. There was no sign there.

My DS11 rode it for the first time and LOVED it! yay!

like many other rumors we hear...we just wait and listen. If we are voting, I vote to leave it alone!!! Along with Test Track!! Rumor has it that Toyota will be sponsering it next :scared1:

I wouldn't be rediculously suprised if something like a Hannah Montana/ Jonas Brothers re-themeing were to happen at some point... BUT, like pp, I highly doubt Disney would drop a bomb like that with a little note...

You thought coasters were scary before! Just wait til your banking through a turn with Billy Ray's daughter screeching in your ear! That sounds frightening! I'd rather be stuck on "It's a small world" for an hour!

You thought coasters were scary before! Just wait til your banking through a turn with Billy Ray's daughter screeching in your ear! That sounds frightening! I'd rather be stuck on "It's a small world" for an hour!

Well, it would put a whole new spin on "The Climb." :lmao: OMG y'all. The soft rock station we have on at work was giving away tickets last week. :scared: I mean, the song is OK. ONCE. But I was :sick: by Friday hearing it all day, every day.

And minor highjack - was anyone else disappointed in the night time park music? From what I could tell in September, at least in MK and DHS, it was all the pop-remakes. What's wrong with the classic songs? They obviously worked. Why must everything be turned into pop music?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter