Rock n Roller Coaster question

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
We've never been on Rock n Roller Coaster. Can you take a small backpack & crossbody purse on it? And how crazy is this ride? I think the wildest thing I've been on was Forbidden Journey at Universal. I can do mine train, thunder mountain, space mountain, & splash with no problem (after taking dramamine).

My kids (ds9 &ds 12) love this ride, i was really surprised because they are not coaster kids. Watch a youtube video on it to give youthe best idea. It takes off.... very fast and over pretty quick

You can take a purse or backpack. You will have to hang on to it but there's room on your feet or between your knees.

It goes upside down and has the quick launch at the beginning so it's pretty sporty but not super violent or anything. Can you ride Everest?

If it's a small cross-body you can leave it on - this uses over the shoulder restraints. I loop my small backpack straps over my knees when I ride and it's totally fine. I rode for the first time in 2017 and the last time I had been on a coaster was Space Mountain... 1986. I was utterly unprepared, but I had a total blast 😆😆 Of course, I make a bee-line for the kiosk selling spiked Dole Whips right after, and that did help😉

RnRC is considered the most intense coaster at WDW.

Since coasters at WDW are not generally as intense as those at non-Disney parks,
take that into consideration.

Everything is subjective.

Taking a bag is no problem. It is definitely the most intense coaster at WDW, though it's not a crazy mega-coaster like some places have. It starts with a magnetic launch straight forward, which might look scary (0 to 57 mph in 2.8 seconds). Once you go it is basically a few corkscrews - there are no big drops or loops. It's just kind of a spiral that shoots you through the scenes to some blaring Aerosmith tunes. It's fun!

Has always been my favourite ride even at 68 still ride it has to be the smoothest ride with good soft head protection
Rock on Tommy!!!!!!!

My 26-year-old son isn't a rollercoaster fan like I am. He did 7DMTR. He won't do loops. I told him RnR has a couple of corkscrews or loops in it but it's in the dark. I told him I thought he'd be okay. He said, okay Dad, I'll give it a shot. He did it three more times after that! He loved it! It's my favorite coaster at WDW. Nice and smooth and fast.

I went on it on my last trip. I'm not a coaster fan but have been enjoying the smaller ones recently, like SDD and SDMT.

The reason I agreed to go on it was that there was no drop. Yes, it's fast, so it's intense, but without a drop it's quite easy, IMO. The drops are what kill me.

I always have a regular-sized backpack with me in the parks--there's plenty of room. Don't feel the need to take a smaller back just because of that ride. I just put my bag on the floor of the ride and stick a foot through one of the straps. It won't go anywhere that way.

It's definitely intense, but short compared to the other big rides.

If you put your bag (zipped up) by your feet, it won't fall out. The speed and force keeps it on the floor when you go upside down. I usually put my foot through the strap as I sit down. There was one time I didn't do that and I asked the CM checking the restraints if that was OK and he said yes. He was right! Have FUN!

It's one of my favorites, though I get headaches easily if I get jostled around, so my only advice is to keep your head pushed back on the headrest the whole time.

It's a great easy thrill ride because it's so quick. Really the most intense part is waiting in line and watching it take off over and over, building suspense. Have fun!

I always bring a backpack with me to the park. It fits on the floor between my legs. I will either put my foot on a strap or hold a strap with one hand.

It's a bit wild. It starts with a launch and goes right into two inversions in a sea serpent roll. Then a bunch of curves and going around before a corkscrew, then a few more curves and turns before the long straight stretch back to the station. All while parts of Aerosmith songs play.
Because of the over the shoulder restraints, it's recommended to place bags on the floor between your legs. I put my leg through the strap for extra piece of mind because of the nature of the ride.

Ditto a few of the PPs....I always have a normal sized backpack and have never had an issue on that ride.

It's one of my favorites, though I get headaches easily if I get jostled around, so my only advice is to keep your head pushed back on the headrest the whole time.

It's a great easy thrill ride because it's so quick. Really the most intense part is waiting in line and watching it take off over and over, building suspense. Have fun!

That's good advice for any roller coaster.

I remember bringing on my satchel (pictured in profile image) and putting it under my feet (I actually put my legs through the strap for double insurance 😅 ). And I've seen people take on backpacks and put them under their legs.

As for craziness...depends on what you mean. Speed is relatively fast & there are a couple of upside down moments. But it's very smooth. In away, Space Mountain is crazier because of how jerky it is.

I remember bringing on my satchel (pictured in profile image) and putting it under my feet (I actually put my legs through the strap for double insurance 😅 ). And I've seen people take on backpacks and put them under their legs.

As for craziness...depends on what you mean. Speed is relatively fast & there are a couple of upside down moments. But it's very smooth. In away, Space Mountain is crazier because of how jerky it is.

I love coasters. But I won't ride SM for that exact reason. I feel like I went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson it beats you up so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter