Rock 'n Rollercoaster question....

As others have said, I LOVE the way the lauch takes my breath away! It is the only lauch type roller coaster I've ever ridden so I can't compare it. I will say that riding towards the front is smoother than if you happen to be in the back of the vehicle. Unfortunately, I notice this more the older I get.:rolleyes2

I don't mind the launch so much but everytime I pull the harness down I feel like it is not locked in properly and I worry about that the whole time before the launch. I keep tugging on it and hoping that I'm secure lol. I've ridden the coaster at least 10 times so I should feel safe by now lol

HINT: Take a deep breath right before the launch and hold it throughout the acceleration. Don't enter a launch with empty lungs.

I adore the ride and the launch. It's probably my favorite WDW ride.

But I've learned to take my earrings out before riding it. OUCH!!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this ride!! I could ride it over and over. We always wait for the front row - if I ride near the back I feel the G force more and the loops bother me alittle. In the front row I could ride it all day:)

The launch is the only part I really still like. The rest of the ride has become kind of rough and somewhat boring :bored: It's really just a small steel coaster in the dark with some neon signs. Not a big fan any more...too much of a headbanger and not much of a thrill after the launch.

I usually don't ride rollercoasters because I don't like the long slow ride up the first hill with nothing on either side of you. Once I road R&RC I lived it. The start is exciting and I don't have to be slowly pulled up a hill before I can go zooming through the rest of the ride.

Since I now can enjoy the coaster part of the ride I've pushed myself to ride other coaster. Everest has the slow chain lift but since it is in the side of the mountain it feels safer. I don't know if I could ever ride the steel coasters like Six Flags Superman.

BTW I saw the movie Rollercoaster in the 70s. I wonder if that caused some of my fears.

The launch is the only part of the ride I hate; I love the rest. I'm not a roller coaster enthusiast, though, and I've had to learn to grow into trying them out. They always made me sick to my stomach as a kid. My DH and my oldest daughter love them and talked me into riding RR. I've ridden it several times now and the only part that gets to me (that horrible stomach motion feeling) is the launch. Once I grit past that, I love the rest of the ride because it's in the dark so it's not as intimidating to me, it's very smooth, and it actually turns out to be fun. Since my family love roller coasters, they think the launch is one of the best parts of the ride.

That acceleration can take your breath away...I thought I was going to suffocate also....now I have found if I turn my head to the side it doesn't effect me that way...of course...that takes away from the fun. You can also hold your breathe through the launch...then it doesn't do that either.

I've never noticed the no breath thing. The take-off is the only part that doesn't hurt. After that it's constant punches to the head. Is it because I am so short that I can't find a good way to hold my head? I could use some advice here....

The launch on RnRC is SO fast for me! It definitely takes my breath away. The launch on California Screamin' in DCA is much more manageable for me (and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cal Screamin'!).

It makes sense, though...CS is 0 to 55 in 4 seconds and RnRC is 0 to 57 in 2.8(!!) seconds.

I love rides with inversions, though, so much fun!!

Exact opposite for me. Love the launch but find the rest of the ride to be pretty boring. Without the launch, I don't think I'd ever want to ride it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter